Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Fast Food Wars: let the battle begin!

TailsIsNotAlone

I thought of making this a big triple-decker poll, but there are so many chains I always forget, especially those places out west that are just, *tch*, WEIRD. So this is how the burger wars shall proceed. I'll just ask you which fast food place has the best so-and-so, you answer each one, and we'll all have some greasy fun.

Which place has the best.....

1. Burgers?

2. Fries?

3. Chicken?

4. Salad?

5. Other side items?

6. Service?

7. Overall?

1. On the burgers, gotta go with Wendy's. McD's are okay too. BK's burgers, not so much. They taste low-quality and thrown together.

2. McDonald's. I've never had better from a big chain. Five Guys are good too. Wendy's fries get soggy too fast and BK just can't get them right no matter how many times they try.

3. Hard to say, I don't seek out chicken very much. I like Wendy's nuggets the best out of the main 3. KFC is okay too.

4. I don't eat salad. I just put it in there for folks who do. ^^

5. Far and away, Wendy's. Chili, baked potatoes, wraps and so much more.

6. See above. I have never been to a bad Wendy's. The employees are genuinely friendly 99% of the time, the drive-thru is the fastest (despite the food all being made fresh, allegedly) and they don't mess up my order.

7. See above once again. When I'm really in the mood for some heart attack food, Wendy's is my favorite overall. Good burgers and everything else, decent fries if you get them home fast enough, good service and superior quality control over the other big 2. Second place is a tie between McDonald's and Sonic.

Edited by TailsAlone

1. Definitely Wendy's. Their Baconator is like taking angels and packing them down in meat form and then you just eat them and you have a savory orgasmic experience. Plus, they don't cut corners. YOU EAT THE CORNERS!...........CORNERS, MAN!

2. I'll have to say Wendy's again, but only because they introduced their sea-salt french fries like a year and a half ago, and man, are they good. Better than the soggy, over-salted fries you get at McDonald's. :P

3. Obviously Kentucky Fried Chicken. Their Double Down sandwich is a heart attack waiting to happen, but whoever created that was a pure genius!

4. lolsalads

5. Arby's has the best sides, I think. I like their loaded potato cakes and parfaits.

6. Good service? At a fast food place? Surely you jest!

OVERALL: Wendy's

Edited by AegisReflector
  • Brohoof 1

2. I don't even go to fast food places anymore. I'm far more interested in going to the local chiptruck near me. It's fresh peeled potatoes for some great fries. Better than that processed chemical food. That chiptruck keeps getting more and more popular since I've seen it start up. They have many beloved items there. I'm more of a fry person.

1. I've heard they serve delicious burgers there at the local chiptruck, but I've never tried it. In fact I've never had a fast food burger in my life! So, what I'm saying is support your local restaurants, because you might be missing out.

3. I usually get some Satay Chicken at the Chinese Take-Out I work at. Spicy dish served with some fresh vegetables.

4. HELL NO!

5. Booster Juice in Canada have really tasty fruit smoothies.

6. Service can vary at any fast food place, because they can be busy/stressed out.

7. Overall, I like the local chiptruck near me. Just known the owner since the start, and has a great attitude that attracts people to come to his place. Always in a happy/friendly mood~

PS

Support your local food joints!

1. Burgers?

McDonald's is the winner here! Those buns taste so crisp and yummy and delicious!

2. Fries?

I'm not really sure about fries, I never liked eating anything longer than my own fingers

3. Chicken?

KFC is the king of all chicken! :P

4. Salad?

I hate salad and anything salad related with passion >:­(

5. Other side items?

Does sundaes and drinks counts as side items here? If so, then maybe Wendy's :P

6. Service?

Meh, I never paid attention to the service parts. I just walks in, make my order, get the food, pay the bill, done!

7. Overall?

Well... Maybe KFC? I like their chicken much more than any kind of burgers :P

This is basically going to be me just gushing over Culver's, because they destroy every other "fast food" place, period.

Burgers? Whatchu know about WISCONSIN BUTTERBURGERS.

Fries? CRINKLE CUT CRISPY DELICIOUS.

Chicken? HAND CUT STRIPS, CRISPY AND GRILLED.

Salad? NOT IN MY 'MURICA.

Side Items? GODDAMN CHOCOLATE CUSTARD.

Service? CARSIDE AND SITDOWN WITH A SMILE.

Overall? WHY AREN'T YOU AT CULVER'S RIGHT THE HELL NOW.

• Brohoof 3

1. Burgers?

Buger King. I really like their mushroom/swiss one, especially

2. Fries?

McDonalds, definitely. I often go there just to get fries

3. Chicken?

Not sure...I guess Arbies's chicken sandwiches are pretty good

4. Salad?

Psh. Lol. I've only ever gotten a salad at one fast food resteraunt (McDonalds), and it wasn't very good.

5. Other side items?

Does ice cream count as a side item? If so, then, Dairy Queen, of course!

6. Service?

Well, none of them, really, but isn't that kind of expected?

7. Overall?

McDonalds, overall. I go there more often than the others. I really like Arbies and DQ too, though.

• Brohoof 1

(This for the fast food joints that I've been to)

1. Burgers?

Hardees, love their burgers. They're a lot better than McDonalds in my view.

2. Fries?

Mcdonalds. 'Nuff said.

3. Chicken?

Chicken Big Mac...'Nuff said.

4. Salad?

I don't come to no fast food joint for a SALAD. I come for my serving of meat.

5. Other side items?

McDonalds has some nice sundaes and smoothies.

6. Service?

The guys at Hardees have headsets and move around on rollerblades. That makes them pretty fast. Also, the Hardees branch I usually go to is always properly cleaned and doesn't smell funny.

7. Overall?

McDonalds good but Hardees is still better.

• Brohoof 1

I thought of making this a big triple-decker poll, but there are so many chains I always forget, especially those places out west that are just, *tch*, WEIRD. So this is how the burger wars shall proceed. I'll just ask you which fast food place has the best so-and-so, you answer each one, and we'll all have some greasy fun.

1. Burgers?

2. Fries?

3. Chicken?

4. Salad?

5. Other side items?

6. Service?

7. Overall?

1. Five Guys ! (If you have never heard of it and there's one near you just do it. Fricken DO IT. The burgers there might be a little high priced but Hot DAMN do they make good burgers)

2. Mcdonalds hands fricken down.

3. Mcdonalds. I have a problem with KFC.............................let's just say my stomach can't take it too well.

4. I don't really eat salads period.

5. Mcdonalds again.

6. I really don't know how to answer this question I don't really get good service at places like that. To me good service matters more in "Sit down places" (Like uhhhhh TGI Fridays, Applebees, Chili's etc.etc.etc.etc.etc.

7. Mcdonalds.

• Brohoof 1

1. Jack In The Box, they always get my orders perfectly. Add to this that it's just the right portion for the price and they got themselves a winning burger.

2. I'm a freaking salt addict, by god McDonalds just salts them to perfection.

3. Popeye's, the poor mans answer to KFC.

4. Did you know that those fast food salads might actually contain more fat than a burger? I'm not eating that.

5. McDonals does have a large selection of side orders...

6. Jack In The Box, the employes just seem more attentive to the customer than what I've seen on let's say Burger King.

7. Eh, Jack In the Box but I'd definitely change my choice if I had the option of a Carls Jr. Burger.

• Brohoof 1

1. Burgers?

I'm going to go with Wendy's here, mostly because of the baconator...

2. Fries?

5 guy's easily. The amount plus the taste equals one of the best fast food experiences I've had.

3. Chicken?

I'm going to go with... yeah KFC...

4. Salad?

Who goes to a fast food joint for something healthy???

5. Other side items?

Arbys, with the turnovers

6. Service?

Arbys easily

7. Overall?

Arbys easily

• Brohoof 1

Subway for the win!

I know I´m a combo-breaker but it is my absolute favourite. It´s as fresh as it´s possible and there are hundreds of ways to combine, that´s all I expect from fastfood.

:wub:

and it´s quite healthy compared to others

• Brohoof 2

Subway. It's "fresher" and healthier than most fast food. I guess I'm a bit of a health nut.

The only burger chain I LOVE is Harvey's. Chicken, fries, salad, burgers, POUTINE, it's all so good. It's a Canadian chain, and if you never tried it you're missing out.

1. Burgers?

For burgers, I'd go with 5 Guys. Cookout is a very close second. They do so well making the burgers up quick but right. They are never dry or dull, they get everything right about it and it's never cold cause it's cooked up as you order, not precooked and not set out.

2. Fries?

I've never been a huge fan of fries, they all taste the same. But on a whim, I will throw 5 Guys out there again. Not because of the quality of the fries but OH MY GOSH the quantity. "May I have a large fry please?" "YEAH, sure! *Fills a large cup of fries, throws it in the bag. Then throws EVEN MORE FRIES IN THE BAG* "Haters gonna hate" o.o'

3. Chicken?

KFC. Only because that's the only fast food chicken I've ever had.

4. Salad?

Haha

5. Other side items?

I really love the fact that BK adds Hershy Pies as a side item. I have a strange love for those tiny pies so that one took the cake for that one.

6. Service?

Starbucks. If that counts as a fast food joint, my local starbucks guys are so fun. You can always expect something from one of them. One guy, he puts out daily quizzes that he will quiz you on while you wait for your drink. Very nice.

7. Overall?

Subway. They are super supportive of the local military here, as well as catering to my department any time we host an event or even if we have a structure fire that requires us to be out all day. They give us huge discounts on sandwiches and drinks. Very supportive, always friendly. They recognize me any time I walk in anyways.

This is all burger talk, so I'll confine myself to that.

1. Does 5 Guys count as fast food? If it does, 5 Guys. If not, Wendy's. Wendy's has bigger, and usually better, patties with more stuff, than other places like BK or McDs.

2. Again, if 5 Guys counts, they take it with their Cajun fries :)

If not, DQ. They have the most bitchinest fry seasoning at any fast food place I've ever been to.

3. Chicken is a tie between Wendy's and McDs, depending on my mood. Wendy's has better sauce, though. Never liked KFC :/

4. What am I, vegetarian? I'm not going to pay $5 for something I could easily make myself and still wouldn't eat.

5. Tie between Wendy's and McDs. McDs has some great breakfast stuff (I love Egg McMuffins sooooo much :)) and a few other nice options, while Wendy's has more sides and stuff. But I don't usually get sides anyway :/

6. Easily Wendy's. They're always nice, they come out and talk to you while cleaning and stuff, offer to refill drinks for you, stuff like that.

7. 5 Guys, if it counts. If not, Wendy's.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

When it comes to non pony stuff on this forum, food tends to be an area of agreement and great delight.

Fast Food. Everyone has had it one time or another, whether it be once (cuz of hippie parents, lol jk) or "once in awhile" or every week or in some cases everyday. I DON'T JUDGE. The point is I want to know what YOUR favorite fast food chain joint is for:

PIZZA:

HAMBURGERS:

MEXICAN/TACOS/BURRITOS:

and

CHINESE/ASIAN:

(The chicken category like KFC being an example seems pretty limited so it is omitted)

Enlighten me and tell me where and why.

I LOVE DAH FOOD.

tumblr_m1mwcg3cQB1qfs1o4o1_500.png

Edited by Party Cannon

Er...I haven't eaten fast food in years, actually. At least seven or eight. And the last one was Tim Hortons. XD

I've never been to KFC, Burger Kings, etc. I tried one McDonalds chip so I'm not 100% clean. XD

Mostly because a.), barely anywhere has vegetarian options and b.), it made me feel violently ill. I can't handle that much processed food and grease, and most of it tastes like cardboard in my limited and ancient experience.

We also don't have that many places around here, so...*shrugs*

Edited by Nicolas Cage

I don't eat fast food regularly. I eat it the way it was supposed to be eaten: fast and easily. If I'm ever out and need a quick something to fill me up, I'll find the nearest Wendy's and order something there. For me at least, Wendy's food is actually pretty good, and it's the only fast food place I really ever eat at.

• 1 year later...

Number 1 of all those questions is, Sonic.....  As for the salad.. no fast food place can make one of those taste good. I have tried so many places... and they all taste soo bad. Its like no thank you I'll just make my own..

NOTE: I'm judging by the places around here, not every fast food place tastes the same so I'm picking the best ones I've been to.

1. Burgers? Ahhh Checkers/Rally's (amazing every time. My favorite is the mushroom swiss burger), then Wendy's.
2. Fries? Again, Checkers/Rally, they're seasoned and have tons of flavor. Hardee's/Carl's Jr is second (curly fries)
3. Chicken? Pop Eyes <3 most flavorful, Then Chick Fil A, then KFC (most KFCs around here are mediocre)
4. Salad? Subway or Wendy's (not fond of salad)
5. Other side items? KFC - def has the best sides (mashed potatos/gravy. biscuits, mac n cheese) perfect
6. Service? Judging from here, Wendy's
7. Overall? Rally/Checkers is my favorite. I love their burgers/fries/and hotdogs.

• 4 weeks later...

1. Burgers? I'm a vegetarian

2. Fries? Probably McDonalds

3. Chicken? Wendys I'm a vegetarian

4. Salad? I make my own salad breh.

5. Other side items? Probably Wendy's baked potato :3

6. Service? I hate everyone

7. Overall? Eh probably Wendy's.

#vegetariansweg

1. Dairy Queen/Wendy's

2. Wendy's

3. Fast-food chicken usually doesn't taste good.

4. I never eat salad at fast food restaurants.

5. Dairy Queen/Fazoli's (Tiny Italian FF chain)

6. I can only say one thing: definitely not McDonald's.

7. I'm not sure.

1. Burgers?

A tie between In-N-Out and Carls Jr

2. Fries?

In-N-Out, easily

3. Chicken?

uhhh....

4. Salad?

I don't think I've ever eaten a salad in a Fast food joint

5. Other side items?

I love Carls Jr's onion rings

6. Service?

Anything that gets my food quick gets my vote

7. Overall?

Judging by the looks of it, In-N-Out or Carls Jr

I'm not much of a fast food eater but here we go!

1. Burgers?

McDonalds wins this one

2. Fries?

McDonalds wins this one aswell

3. Chicken?

KFC Wins this one, who doesn't love some of dat chicken?

4. Salad?

I guess McDonalds? I don't really eat salad from these places

5. Other side items?

I do like the variety that KFC gives you, you can pick fries, mashed potatoes and etc

6. Service?

From my experience? KFC, they even bring you the food to your home (Atleast where I live)

7. Overall?

A tie, but I prefer KFC over McDonalds IMO

Edited by Treecut

1. Burgers?

In-N-Out

2. Fries?

McDonalds

3. Chicken?

Wendy's

4. Salad?

McDonalds

5. Other side items?

Chick-Fi-La's potato fries, they are out of this world.

6. Service?

Little Caesars, their pizzas are hot and ready also at a good price.

7. Overall?

A tie between Little Caesars and Chick-Fi-La.