Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Kratos vs Master Chief

Plasmastorm X-15

But mastar cheef is a pretty cool guy eh kills aleins and doesnt afraid of anythign!

(That moment when you've memorized its spelling....)

(edited)

SO MUCH MC HATE MAKES ME D:

Kratos is pretty cool I guess. I love GoW too. But I feel more attachment to Halo cuz I grew up on that, PLUS I only play GoW at my friends cuz I don't have a PS anything (I'm getting a Vita though XD)

And Kratos's weapons look impractical :/ First game box art anyone?

Edited by PinkieDaShy

K, so chief would just use armor lock every time Kratos comes near him, (if he even had too...) He could just snipe him, or rocket him, or for all you "wow, he has to use guns..." Use the energy sword and cut him in half. Come back from hades now kratos, good luck when your head is rolling around on the floor.

Ok, nobody, and I mean NOBODY who thinks MC could take Kratos understands power scaling.

Yeah, the chief does all sort of badass stuff in his own games. That's because he's super awesome in his universe. The Spartans in the Haloverse are the total shit. They are the dudes you don't mess with, the dudes who do whatever the hell they want and get away with it because they'll kill you if you try to stop them.

Kratos is much the same in the GoWverse, except he's a lot more brutal (well, the whole universe is a lot more brutal).

Now take them out of their universes and compare them side by side. MC is a lot stronger than a normal man, able to flip cars and whatnot with ease. Kratos is stronger, able to push, pull, and even kick huge statues and stone blocks that weigh many, many tons. Kratos is physically stronger than a master chief. This has nothing to do with how much stronger MC is than other dudes in his universe, it's just that strong in GoW is stronger than strong in halo.

Apply the same to defensive power. Kratos has his shields and whatnot, but once they're gone, he dies after a few shots. Even with fills shields, he dies from a few strikes from an energy sword or grav hammer. Now compare these to the magical swords and magical hammers/clubs that Kratos takes to the face all day.

Again, MC and Kratos are both still durable badasses in their own games, but compared side by side, kratos is surviving a lot more punishment than MC is without dying.

Now look at the weapons MC has. He has guns, explosives and lasers. A gun fires a small piece of metal at high speed. Now, that means a lot in Halo, since bullets kill things in that game. But kratos is a guy who can be impaled by a sword as big as he is and not only survive, but get up shortly afterword and go off on a quest for revenge that involves killing gods, I doubt some bullets are going to slow him down much more than the thousands of swords, spears, and arrows he laughed off in his games. Now before you say "but Evilshy, guns do more damage than swords!" let me remind you of two things: 1, most of them were infused with magic, and 2, if you shoot a dude in the stomach, he can survive. You stab him in the stomach and he's a goner. The same holds true for many parts of the body. Bullets just aren't as damaging unless there are a lot more bullets than sword strikes.

Also, he has the golden fleece, so any energy based attacks are reflected back at MC. Have fun with that Spartan laser.

The fact of the matter is simple. GoW is on a much higher power scale than Halo, so when compared to each other, GoW is going to win.

We might as well be arguing that Usain Bolt could beat a Formula 1 car in a race. Sure, Usain Bolt is a crazy fast runner when compared to other runners, but when compared to a car, he's slow. It's a bad matchup.

(edited)

Kratos meets Master Chief, screams in undefined rage, rips Chief in half, and proceeds to murder the Universe.

End of story. Kratos is not so much a warrior as the harbinger of Armageddon.

Edited by Van der Hoof

Why everyone hate Mastur Cheef?

HE MADE A MONTAGE OF ALL HIS HEADSHOTS!

Better match would be Marcus Fenix and Master Chief.

(edited)

Expanded universe Chief would easily beat Kratos, but the Chief from the games with their imposed limitations (for balance and playability purposes, of course) would get destroyed.

Expanded universe chief is about as strong as in-game Kratos, and is also significantly faster not only in running speed but also in reflex speed (Bullet-dodging fast).

There's a reason that in the books, Spartans (Halo) don't die unless snuck up on or sacrificing themselves while destroying a miles-long ship.

Also, Gravity Hammers won't kill Spartans instantly in the books. Energy Swords aren't an instant kill either (books), but a severe wound can disable a Spartan enough to be vulnerable.

Also, Marcus Fenix is from a much earlier (in time relative to now) alternate universe, therefore he isn't technologically augmented to the degree of Master Chief and it wouldn't even close to be a fair fight.

Edited by JakobGibby

Expanded universe Chief would easily beat Kratos, but the Chief from the games with their imposed limitations (for balance and playability purposes, of course) would get destroyed.

Expanded universe chief is about as strong as in-game Kratos, and is also significantly faster not only in running speed but also in reflex speed (Bullet-dodging fast).

There's a reason that in the books, Spartans (Halo) don't die unless snuck up on or sacrificing themselves while destroying a miles-long ship.

Also, Gravity Hammers won't kill Spartans instantly in the books. Energy Swords aren't an instant kill either (books), but a severe wound can disable a Spartan enough to be vulnerable.

Also, Marcus Fenix is from a much earlier (in time relative to now) alternate universe, therefore he isn't technologically augmented to the degree of Master Chief and it wouldn't even close to be a fair fight.

All that's well and good my friend, BUT KRATOS MURDERIZED THE GODS.

Your argument is invalid.

I love Halo as much as anybody can, but really... Kratos killed the Gods in straight fights. As a mortal.

In terms of power and skill, I'd rank that much higher than Chief's talents.

(edited)

We're just talking about who we think is better -.- Marcus is a goddamn BEAST, dude. Okay fine, how about Shepard vs. Mater Chief? VANGUARD Shepard. Cuz you got biotics and weapons. Edited by PinkieDaShy

Master Chief would win, hands down. It doesn't matter how awesomely powerful Kratos is on earth because Master Chief has access to dreadnoughts in SPACE.

• 2 years later...

Master Chief is strong but Kratos eventually becomes strong enough to take down even Zeus himself, if the two met Kratos would quite literally tear him apart.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy

As to which one I like more, I love Master Chief and I hate Kratos. But as to which one would win in a fight, Kratos would annialate the Chief