Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite MLP Shipping and Why?

LyraHeartstrings

Best ship?

Fluttershy and Discord are objectively the best shipping at least in case of interaction. Explored in both tv show and comics makes them more developed than Shining Armor and Cadance. And since Discord personality is closer to immature kid rather than serious grown man it seem more appropriate to ship him with Fluttershy than Celestia who who could pass as his mother. Not to mention that whole Somblestia in her past really killed any romance for me with her.

fluttercord_hugs_by_taylorrose16-d5v4lcx

• Brohoof 1

I like reading the Octyl fanships.  Their odd couple-hood is just right.  Though unless there is a reason; I prefer their implicit match over explicit.  That question of whether it's real works for me.

Generally I think the canon on shipping is in hearts and hooves.  Get your ship goggles off; they're just friends!

(edited)

Straight:

Soarin x Rainbow Dash

Cheese Sandwich x Pinkie Pie

Flash Sentry x Twilight Sparkle

Caramel x Applejack

Spike x Rarity

Fancy Pants x Fleur Dis Lee

Cheerilee x Big Mac

Thunderlane x Fluttershy

Rumble x Scootaloo

Button Mash x Sweetie Belle

Pipsqueak x Babs Seed

Featherweight x Apple Bloom

Scootaloo x Spike

Sweetie Belle X Spike

Dinky Doo x Pipsqueak

Derpy Hooves/ Ditzy Doo x The Doctor

Lesbian:

Twilight Sparkle x Pinkie Pie

Rarity x Applejack

Spitfire x Fleetfoot

Pinkie Pie x Fluttershy

Rarity x Fluttershy

Twilight Sparkle x The Great and Powerful Trixie

Applejack x Fluttershy

Applejack x Pinkie Pie

Applejack x Twilight Sparkle

Octavia x Vinyl Scratch

Lyra x Bon Bon/ Sweetie Drops

Gay: 

Snips x Snails

Edited by RainbowDangerDashie

My favorite ship is PinkieDash. I love their chemistry and have shipped it for the longest time. <3

And Cupcakes didn't even ruin it for me! :|

I think that became an incest paring  :blush:

Actually, Pinkie Pie's relation to the Apple family is left very ambiguous, so there's no telling if she's actually related or now. It's a big fat 'What if'. 

And besides, people ship Braeburn with other members of the Apple family, and it's actually confirmed that he's their cousin because it's been said so in the show itself.

I think that became an incest paring  :blush:

I know, but I don't care, it still sounds delicious. Even if it is a bit creepy. :P

Not really; even if Pinkie and Applejack are related, the connection is so distant that you can hardly call it 'incest' if they got in a relationship without that term losing all meaning. They're far less closely related than many members of the nobility were historically...

Not really; even if Pinkie and Applejack are related, the connection is so distant that you can hardly call it 'incest' if they got in a relationship without that term losing all meaning. They're far less closely related than many members of the nobility were historically...

That is a very valid point. Incest is seen in a lot of fictional things too, even if it isn't directly said. Look at Harry Potter; all of the 'pureblood' wizards are interrelated somehow, because most of them (and I say most because Harry's father, the Weasleys, and Sirius before he was killed, and I think possibly Dumbledore and his family; I'm not sure about them) are related due to believing themselves superior to half-bloods and 'mudbloods'; the wizards born to muggle parents, like Hermione. 

Yes but by the standards of this show, i doubt they would ever imply that and Hasbro would allow that

Yes but by the standards of this show, i doubt they would ever imply that and Hasbro would allow that

That has more to do with it being lesbian and involving the main characters, considering the primary demographic, at least IMHO. Incest is not a factor (it would be if you were talking about, say, Applejack/Big Mac. But for Apple Pie, no).