Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite MLP Shipping and Why?

LyraHeartstrings

I'm not too big on the mane 6 shipping either, but I will admit that some of the fan works are cute. Anyway, I ship Fluttercord. They seem like they're just friends, but the idea of them being a couple sounds pretty rad to me. That's just my opinion, though. You might think that's the worst ship ever conceived or something like that. That's fine, though. To each their own. 

Oh gosh, Discord/Celestia for the WIN!! <33

I just love them together.

Lessee, reasons for it:

- Well I've always liked good Foe Yay ships.

- There's also the Beauty and the Beast element to it.

- And of course "opposites attract" stuff is always fun.

- They're both super-powerful immortals, so there's a kinship there.

- Despite obviously having some baggage between them, Celestia still had enough faith that he could be reformed to let him out for a second chance.

- Bouquet scene of course. XDDD

- I like to imagine that fun-loving Tia is bored and kind of repressed by her position and title. She needs to be princess-ly and elegant and responsible, and deal with politics and dignitaries on a daily basis. Tia doesn't like Discord hurting ponies, but I think she'd love having him around add a little fun and craziness to her life. She and Luna DID turn their old castle into a funhouse to entertain themselves.

I just love them to pieces. <333

• Brohoof 2

I don't think there is one best ship out there. Each of us has our own opinion about which one's the best, or which ones are the best. That's the great thing about being able to have your own likes and dislikes. ^_^

very well put, these are exactly my thoughts on the matter~ And why I wouldn't ever say any ship is "gross" or "wrong", though there are plenty I'm not into myself - if someone else likes it, that's cool with me and I don't want to bash others. Ship and let ship is my motto ;)

Anyway, I have lots of ships but PinkieShy and Rarijack are my all-time OTPs. I'm all about the "opposites attract but also have more in common than they might think" dynamic :D

Adagio Dazzle/Trixie, Sonata Dusk/Aria Blaze and Twilight Sparkle/Sunset Shimmer are also some of my favourite ships at the moment ^_^

I love shipping ponies! My all time favorite ship is Applejack x Rainbow Blitz. It is the cutest thing ever! :3

Here are examples: 

nerdy_kiss_by_nolycs-d7sb208.jpg

fwuffy_skittles_by_nolycs-d8ad4bw.jpgshe_s_mine__budy___by_nolycs-d7lk3ed.jpgi_dun_like_cuddling_in_public_by_nolycs-

Have I proved my point yet?  :icwudt:

Also I do't like the Lyra x Bon Bon ship. Come at me bro.

Edited by PrincessWubsyButt~
  • Brohoof 1

I posted my favorite ships in the other shipping thread, however I didn't really elaborate on them at that time. I'm going to try and explain a bit better why I like the ships I like.

AppleDash:

I mainly like this ship because neither Dashie nor AJ are stereotypical girly ponies. They're both strong and athletic, not to mention competetive. However, they do have some opposite traits as well. Dash is very hotheaded and impulsive, while AJ tends to keep her cool, even if she is very firm and decisive. I think those things would mesh very well and that even though neither would be quick to admit it they'd make a good couple.

TwiDash:

This ship is one I support mainly because Twilight and Dashie are my favorite ponies. From a character standpoint, they seem like polar opposites. Twilight likes being in a library with a book, while Rainbow Dash would much rather be outside and work on some daring trick. However despite that they do have a major overlap: Both like to read. I'll admit I liked this ship before Dashie was revealed to like books and I didn't really know how to pull it off then, and even now I'm not entirely sure these two would go together as more than friends.

SunLight:

Ever since Rainbow Rocks Sunset Shimmer has been one of my favorite characters. The scene with her and Twilight in the kitchen was in my opinion onf the most adorable scenes in the movie and it gave me the feeling they were supposed to be together somehow. I realize that since this is Hasbro I saw meaning where there was none, but still. Both of these ponies were students of Celestia, and initially neither sought to make friends with others, although Twilight was never truly mean about it. Their lives are very similar and with Sunset's reformation I think their personalities are too. Even so, Sunset is by nature more assertive and confident than Twilight is, and I think Twi might be just a little better at studying because she'd just that diligent. These two could learn a lot from each other and I love seeing them together.

• Brohoof 1

Favorite Romantic ships:

Elusive (fan-made pony) x Rarity

Butterscotch (fan-made pony) x Fluttershy

Why? Because I like how they're the male versions and how much in common they have thus, making them good romantic partners

Favorite Friendship:

RariShy

Why? Not only they're my two favorite Mane 6 ponies, they're the top two most sensitive ponies.

post-30335-0-45244000-1422761087_thumb.png

post-30335-0-12450000-1422761094_thumb.jpg

post-30335-0-28540900-1422761115_thumb.png

Pinkie Pie x Rainbow Dash!

I also love Rarity x Fluttershy, Twilight Sparkle x Rainbow Dash, Twilight Sparkle x Pinkie Pie, and more.

• Brohoof 2

Pinkie Pie x Rainbow Dash!

Pinkie has blue eyes and Dashie has pink eyes!! How can people not see it?! Pinkie and Dashie are meant to be!!

"Just shut up and kiss me."

post-30326-0-30485600-1422361972_thumb.png

Also...

470058__safe_rainbow+dash_pinkie+pie_ani

Edited by Vital Spark
  • Brohoof 3

Yeah, yeah, I know... A lot of poeple hate this idea, especially people in the Rarity Fan Club but Spike and Rarity! Absolutely! Sure, they'd appear to be a really odd, strange couple but they're a perfect match for each other!

Spike's so totally in love with and so totally devoted to Rarity that he'd be lost without her. His life would be empty.

Rarity's so totally dependent on Spike for all of the good psychological and emotional things he brings to her every day that, without his care, and even with her friends, she'd soon be lost without him.

So, yeah! Hate on me if you must for this ship but I'm sticking with it! (Besides, it's Canon so there!)

post-31850-0-85281100-1422793805_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 2

I hate the Fluttershy and Big Mac ship. It just really bothers me. I do like the FlutterDash (Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash) and the Flashlight (Flash Sentry and Twilight). The pony version of Flashlight is the only good one, though. The human version is just weird.