Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Little Pony Movie Discussion

Espionage

Oh, there is a MLP: FiM film coming out. In fact, it'll be released this spring. The working title, however, is The Avengers.

Captain America as Twilight Sparkle

Iron Man/Tony Stark as Rainbow Dash

Black Widow as Pinkie Pie

Hawkeye as Rarity

Thor as Applejack

The Incredible Hulk/Bruce Banner as Fluttershy

Of course, Nick Fury as Princess Celestia. Antagonist? Loki plays Discord.

And there you have it!

Obviously, this is a joke. Treat it as such!

• Brohoof 1

Most likely it will be a direct to dvd movie.

Title: My Little Pony Friendship is Magic, the Movie

Enemies: The Plot

New Ponies: Plotty the Plot

Locations: Plotsville

:P

I know what you're getting at :)

If you want my oppinion, Mr reader, I'd say they're going to do a movie at the end of the gernoration like always. I hope it will be worth the end of Giv...

A swear though, something tells me that any movie they do will be about Princess Luna and Princess Celestia 1,000 years ago (with the banishment and all).

Edited by Braeburn

On second thought, I am excited for a movie as long as it doesn't revolve around the CMC. I would think it would focus on the mane six, but still... Just... no. :o

why wouldnt you people want a movie? Cartoon movies are usually really epic. I remember loving the spongebob movie so much as a kid that I watched it like 7 times straight.

Also loved the billy and mandy movies/specials

I say a FiM movie would be epic, because it could fullil my dream of the show being an adventure show, even if it were just for an hour and a half. The begginings of the seasons are not long enough

• Brohoof 1

why wouldnt you people want a movie? Cartoon movies are usually really epic. I remember loving the spongebob movie so much as a kid that I watched it like 7 times straight.

Also loved the billy and mandy movies/specials

I say a FiM movie would be epic, because it could fullil my dream of the show being an adventure show, even if it were just for an hour and a half. The begginings of the seasons are not long enough

I agree with derpy one. Whenever the Mane Six venture off the beaten path, get involved with the greater world around them, Hell when Rainbow just read a book! The show displays it's surprising potential for action and adventure, imagine what they could do if they were given a longer leash!

Beyond popular demand? Not much. Can't see any major studio taking the risk to make it either. Still, we can dream, can't we?

i know that. but Hasbro might play it safe for sometime. and making a movie requires time. if those fake bronies leave and we lose alot of ground they'll say "Aha! we knew it wouldn't last!" and just keep it as it is but yes its a possiblilty atmost. i had an idea or it but i doubt they would go for it.

i know that. but Hasbro might play it safe for sometime. and making a movie requires time. if those fake bronies leave and we lose alot of ground they'll say "Aha! we knew it wouldn't last!" and just keep it as it is but yes its a possiblilty atmost. i had an idea or it but i doubt they would go for it.

Fake bronies? If there are I certainly haven't run into them, and I went from having no subscriptions to having about 62 in a month! Most of them bronies that consistently put out professional level material or thought provoking discussions. Even if our fanbase really IS comparatively small, we are a powerful group!

Fake bronies? If there are I certainly haven't run into them, and I went from having no subscriptions to having about 62 in a month! Most of them bronies that consistently put out professional level material or thought provoking discussions. Even if our fanbase really IS comparatively small, we are a powerful group!

Fake bronies are Bronies who just do it because every else is, they don't watch the new episodes nor videos about them. i've met quite a few and i wish i never did. but what you said about the professionals. The Brony community is probably One of the, if not The Most specialized internet communities. we have doctors, producers(I fit here), Artists, Web page desingers adn everything inbetween! we are indeed a very powerful group.
  • Brohoof 1

Fake bronies are Bronies who just do it because every else is, they don't watch the new episodes nor videos about them. i've met quite a few and i wish i never did. but what you said about the professionals. The Brony community is probably One of the, if not The Most specialized internet communities. we have doctors, producers(I fit here), Artists, Web page desingers adn everything inbetween! we are indeed a very powerful group.

Ugh hipsters. :mellow: Wish I could say I fit into a group that actually contributes to the fandom and society as a whole. Sadly I'm just a college student going into the Army. I still have great faith in our potential though. If a loose collection of fans could make something as high quality as this . . .

. . . then a large group could possibly make that movie ourselves! B)

I'd love a movie! Or even just an hour long episode (as someone mentioned earlier in the thread).

The plot? Does it need one? Its more ponies! :D

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

Hasbro has had a long history of releasing theatrical movies based on their properties. The Transformers movie was a big hit, and the recent Battleship movie was a modest success, too. But, can Hasbro make money off a theatrically released movie based on a girl's franchise?

I have no doubt that a My Little Pony movie is coming, perhaps, once the fourth season of FiM has ended. But, the question is: Will it have a theatrical release? Or will it be a straight to DVD affair?

Furthermore, will it spread like wildfire across the mainstream media, as a result of positive word of mouth from bronies who encourage their loved ones to see the film? Hasbro would be wise to utilize their adult fanbase in terms of mobilizing people to watch the movie (and making a big financial killing in the process).

I don't know. But an MLP: FiM movie can be produced very cheaply (at least, compared with live action movies like Transformers or Battleship), and Hasbro could see huge returns at the box office if it can encourage bronies to essentially market the movie for free to their friends and family.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

MLP has had a movie. It sucked.

That's because it was a pile of butts made by a bunch of incompetent apes.

Edited by HylianMadness
  • Brohoof 8

(edited)

If I am correct there have been four my little pony movie releases. The first one came in 1986 the last three came around 2005-06. They were based on the original pony models and were not very good. And honestly I can't see fifth one being too good either. Some serials were meant to remain on the small screen.

Edited by Twilight Yagami

(edited)

I don't think a theatrical release will be seen anytime soon HOWEVA a movie-length 3 or 4-part episode (shown in one sitting) on The Hub is possible. Maybe for the Finale of Generation 4 MLP.

Edited by Doctor XFizzle
  • Brohoof 1