Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where was Celestia during Discord's reign?

Goodra

Does anyone notice the cartoony aspects of the mane 6 in the second one?

Pinkie looks like a 40's cartoon with pink, Rainbow has a pipe and the others have fishhooks and teeth or something. What's up with that? O.o

Edited by Discordian

If there wasn't already, I'm willing to bet the first one will spark DiscordxCelestia shipping. <.< >.>

There already was. A surprising bit, at that. :blink:

Probably sipping hot chocolate in her palace...

Im not entirely sure where, but I know she didn't want to go with the mane 6. She wouldn't have been able to do anything. Only the elements could stop discord, so she really wouldn't help if she tagged along...

Seriously though, I agree with this. Celestia and Luna aren't the weilders of the Elements anymore, so they wouldn't have been able to do anything except give advice (which, considering the state of mind of the mane six when they were converted probably wouldn't have done anything anyway).
  • Brohoof 2

CelestiaXDiscord exists.

Anyway, Celestia sent Twilight the scrolls while Discord was reigning so obviously she hadn't completely lost her mind (or got turned to stone, which is a shame because that would have been awesome). She was probably just immune to it since she's pretty much a goddess. Probably the reason she and Luna were able to defeat him the first time.

I bet this is what happened. :P

In all seriousness, I agree with the opinion so far that Celestia and Luna simply weren't in a position to do anything about Discord.

Yep, that's what I think :) She was probably secure in the palace which was probably the last place that would fall to Chaos in Equestria, so whilst Twilight was still active in trying to stop Discord, she could continue to be safe there, in hope.

I'm pretty sure that Celestia was in her comfy throne worrying about what's gonna happen to the mane 6.

I'm pretty sure that Celestia was in her comfy throne worrying about what's gonna happen to the mane 6.

She was probably sitting in her castle privately enjoying what was going on, then she got bored and started spamming Spike with letters.

:wub:

• Brohoof 3

I like to think it was more a test of what Twilight had learned from her months in ponyville.

Because it doesn't matter if Equestria gets thrown back into disharmony.

Just as long as Twilight learns the value of friendship.

• Brohoof 3

• 11 months later...

Whoo boy, Feld0 and Zoop among the commoners, posting with them in the same thread? I truly have delved into the pit of the forum, haven't I?

I'm more than sure Celestia was probably dealing with the ramifications of Discord's presence in Canterlot the entire time. Celestia and Luna were absolutely powerless against Discord, seeing as how they no longer control the elements. Thusly, the only two things Celestia could really do were:

A: Have hope in Twilight and her friends and, when needed, retrace her student's letters back through Spike, so that Twilight would become reharmonized.

B: Do her best to organize the people of Canterlot and keep them calm, being there for them as their leader.

Must have been truly difficult to feel powerless, unable to help her subjects when they needed her.

I actually wrote a fanfiction about what Celestia was doing during all this. Called 'Tumultuous Disharmony' and can be found on FIMFiction :3

• Brohoof 2

There are quite a few things she could have been doing.

Examples:

-Thinking of and implementing the fail-safe of returning all of Twilight's letters

-Reassuring her panicked citizens that everything will be all right

-Magically trying to protect Equestria (or even just Canterlot) from Discord's magic

-Trying to figure out a way to protect Equestria (or even just Canterlot) from Discord's magic

Etc, etc...

Now that you bring it up... And show that AWESOME script... Comic... Rr what ever..

Well... I think celestia was watching MLP FiM on tv...

And Luna was probably playing on steam since they had no controle over the day/night transactions and that they had nothing to do... Lol

I'm pretty sure she really coudnt do anything even if she did go with them. Celestia probably stayed put in Canterlot and helped reduce some of the confusion in the city. But Celestia doesnt really have the power to stop discord anymore.

Maybe the elements where the only thing that could affect discord at all. And maybe she was powerless to discords magic.

I just feel like she was powerless to stop discord but that didn't mean she couldn't send twilight letters in hopes of helping her.

If you disqualify Trollestia, who just sits back and does nothing while the Mane 6 do the work, she was probably... sitting in her castle and doing nothing while the Mane 6 do the work.