Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv The most emotional you ever got about a cartoon

Silverwisp the Bard

I got really emotional during the entirety of “Perfect Pair” and I got really choked up when Rainbow Dash started crying because she had to let Tank go hibernate. I always get a little sad when Spongebob cries (when he is truly heartbroken, not just being sad over something silly) as well.

• Brohoof 1

From MLP, I got emotional over Tanks for the Memories when I first saw it, and the finale made me super emotional as well. Steven Universe was the other cartoon that made me emotional. The last 2 episodes of Future made me cry, and I also cried watching On the Run, because I have yet to name a fictional character I relate to more than Amethyst, and this episode in particular really exemplified it.

• 1 month later...

Not counting movies: MLP made me tear up a few times, and the ending of Gravity Falls got me, too. A couple other cartoons had extremely emotional moments, like Bojack Horseman, Infinity Train, and Steven Universe, but I don’t remember having a physical reaction like crying. 

I guess not so much on cartoons but when the series ends...not what happens in the finale, if there is one, but once the final credit makes it across the screen, it hits me that "that was IT, x many years and now its DONE. Now what do I do? There will never be more."

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll be blunt and say that The Perfect Pear did make me shed a tear on my first viewing. That doesn't normally happen with me, so it was a momentous occasion.

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve already posted here and my previous statement still holds. But I should add the finale episode of MLP, “The Last Problem.’ It wasn't any one scene, just the whole thing and seeing what became of all our beloved ponies. That episode killed me and I cried so hard I couldn’t stop. I’m glad I was watching it alone.