Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv The most emotional you ever got about a cartoon

Silverwisp the Bard

Title says it all, what scene episode of any (western) cartoon got or still gets the greatest reaction out of you?

I'll start by giving an honourably mention to Dinobot's last fight from Beast Wars. Very powerful stuff.

But for me the undisputed #1 is:

The New Batman Adventures: Growing Pains

If you got 20 minutes to spare, I urge you to check it out, the ending is just heartwrenching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4ukJAu1tF8

So yeah, what are your's?

Edited by Silverwisp the Bard
  • Brohoof 1

Hmm, there are a lot of good contenders for most emotional moment I've ever experienced in a cartoon but...

img-1005565-1-Toy%20Story%203%20Final%20

I don't think I've ever cried so much in a theater before or since when I saw this scene at the end of Toy Story 3.

Edited by SagasaPony
  • Brohoof 7

Hmm, there are a lot of good contenders for most emotional moment I've ever experienced in a cartoon but...

Toy+Story+3+Final+Scene%5B3%5D.jpg

I don't think I've ever cried so much in a theater before or since when I saw this scene at the end of Toy Story 3.

You tole my words, It was the most emotional conclusion to the toy story trilogy :(

made me want to hold onto any of my favorite toys for a few more years.

• Brohoof 1

I've cried at plenty of animated movies. I'm a huge softie when it comes to cartoons. But the first time I got super emotional over MLP was when Twilight sang her reprise of BBBFF. The fact that her brother had disowned her broke my heart, and I'm an only child :P

-That one scene in Spongebob The Movie where Spongebob and Patrick sing the Goofy Goober song and dry completely under the desk lamp. I know it's kind of stupid to get emotional over Spongebob but that scene was just too good.

-In Wreck-It Ralph when Ralph destroys Vanellope's kart for her own benefit and she can't do anything but watch and sob. The thing about that scene that always gets me is the expressions, you can see so much emotion through their faces and it totally reflects the scene in the best way possible.

That's all I can think of for now.

• Brohoof 4

um.  hmmm  The first time   I watched "Grave of Fireflies".....  I really  had no idea what to expect from this movie.  I had seen it sitting on the shelf at the local library.   At first i was so overwhelmed  and it took me a couple of hours for the whole thing to sink into my head. I did shed many a tear  during the movie.    But the gravity of this movie just hit me like a brick wall.  and then i just felt overwhelmingly sad.   

Recently, I'd say the end of the Smile song, where the whole population of Ponyville sings along. I honestly wasn't expecting that, despite the "buildup" of a few verses that preceded it.

Also I remember having tears in my eyes at the end of Pocahontas (first), the music was especially powerful in that scene.

And then, in Simba's Pride, Zara's song sent chills down my spine, My Lullaby. For a children's cartoon movie, there was a lot of murderous hatred.

Can't think of many others like that in Western cartoons. But I do have poor memory, I must've seen others that I forgot.

Why limit ourselves to western kinds though?

I recall the final scene of the closing ep of Sonic X's second season, I think the title was "So Long Sonic". Chris looking through the escape pod's window, Sonic running along to say farewell just with his eyes... It was heartbreaking and beautiful.

Edited by Feather Spiral

Western cartoons? Futurama immediately comes to mind. The Jurassic Bark episode got to me before I even loved dogs, and then the episode with his older brother (Luck of the Fryish) got me as well.

However, I just can't not mention One Piece, even though it's an anime. It really has made me cry the most of any series ever. However, the specific part that I remember getting me the most was Robin's past. I have actually not even watched it in over five years, I await watching it with FUNimation's dub.

• Brohoof 1

My heart completely dropped when Twilight Sparkle was abandoned in "A Canterlot Wedding". I felt like crying right there. It was just soo depressing to see everyone just walk away from Twilight in that scene.

And yes, the part it Wreck-it Ralph, where Ralph destroys the car that Vanilla had dreamed of...all that work gone, all because of that stupid king. 

There are a lot of scenes I could list, but these are my top 2. 

• Brohoof 1

The first part of the Pixar movie Up

up_pixar_movie_image_01-600x350.jpg

This makes me ball like a baby, it broke my heart when I first saw it and wasn't in a relationship. Me and my boyfriend tried to watch Up the other day and I couldn't make it past the first three minutes and I was just sobbing and turned it off.  Especially the part when he walks into the hospital, oh gosh *tears up now*

Edited by Sugarcube
  • Brohoof 5

my first time to cry for cartoon was "Daisougen no Chiisana Tenshi Bush Baby" it is anime (never dub or sub to english) but dub to arabic and no one rely like it but me :lol:

it about that girl from England who live with her family in Africa and find that animal i don't know it name and be best friends but then these country get it own independent from England and all English worker return to they own country and must leave her bet away.

----

calnned get me cry alot and clanned after story

----

but the cartoon that get me most of the tears is

One piece

if you just watch the few first episode you have no idea how heart tearing these show is

water 7 arc was nothing but tears after tears my eye get rely heart from that arc

and there was nami arc and luffy back-story and white-beard war and ......

these anime awesome 

----

MLP make my cry few times too but forget when

Edited by almozayaf

One of the most emotional I remember is the Two Face origin story two parter in Batman The Animated Series. Two Face is my favorite Batman villain and that two parter I feel more than anything really does both his Two Face and Harvey Dent personas justice. It is really sad to see someone with such promise and a bright future ahead of him fall to pieces because he couldn't deal with the years of anger built up inside of him and mob boss Rupert Thorn trying to destroy him.

http://dubbed-scene.com/batman-animated-series-10-two-face-part-1

http://dubbed-scene.com/batman-animated-series-11-two-face-part-2

• Brohoof 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBCQNVuLaIQ

Hughs' death in FMA.

Yes, BBBFF made me cry when I first saw/hear/whatever you call it. It's that good.

The ending of the Futurama episode: "Jurassic Bark."

The beginning of UP. That's right. I cried in the theater, so did everybody else. :W

In various MLP episodes, most notably Luna Eclipsed.

Edited by Urdnot Pinkie Pie
  • Brohoof 1

Why does it have to be western?

Because western cartoons (unlike anime) are mostly made with a rather young audience in mind and are therefore much more limited in what they can do to make you tear up.

Probably this whole big thing right here:

How did I forget that? Yeah, I was not too happy with some of the humor in the series, but I really liked the Terra parts and ending the series the way they did must have taken serious balls. Seriously didn't expect that.

hm. Well i'm not really known for getting super emotional over a show or anything. I'm usual the person in my family who doesn't ever cry over any movies when we watch them.

Meanwhile my moms usually first to cry.

Hm.. The most recent I can think of is the bucket list. I'm not exactly sure why it was, it made me feel emotional I guess(Maybe it was the fact my mom was crying, who knows.)

But I don't think i've ever just started bawling after a movie or TV show(Or during it.) Heck I can't remember the last time I shed a tear over any Movie or show I've watched.

The Lion king had some pretty sad moments, but I don't really remember that much, since Its been so long since I've watched that.

I don't really remember how I felt about the end of toy story 3. So i can't speak on that one either.

And I really can't recall anything else that stuck out to me. However nothing I've watched that I remember has really forced me to cry.

Thats not to say I don't cry.(I mean I cried while the seniors gave their speech's at the end of marching season. so i'm not totally heartless atleast.) I just don't cry easily or for the same reasons as others I guess? Or maybe I'm just self conscious about it.

Anyways I got a bit off track sorry!

Luck of the Fryrish made me cry. It was the first time I'd experienced feels like that from a cartoon. Futurama hit me from out of nowhere. The Sting made me cry tears of happiness. Parasites Lost gave me a warm fuzzy feeling with tears at the end. Leela's Homeworld gave me the feels. Dat end song. Same with Lethal Inspection. Jurrasic Bark made me die a little inside.

Most of season 3 of MLP has made me tear up at the end. Not sure why; probably because I'm only half awake.

The Courage the Cowardly Dog episode that explains how Murial found Courage in that back alley after his parents got shot off in a rocket.

Literally shed tears, it was so heartwarming... The music box tune that plays with it had a lot to do with it too.

• Brohoof 2

A few of the Disney feature films has made me get a lump in my throat now and then.
More notably, The ending to Pinocchio and "Baby Mine" from Dumbo.
I cry at the ending of Pinocchio, because it is such a happy ending to a good movie.

Especially when Jiminy Cricket got his medal! And of course the "Wish upon a Star" song at both the beginning and the end, it fits in so well! Like, who doesn't want to be a real boy? (Oh god, I think I am about to tear up now...)

Edited by SUPERFOX5