Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you watch your shows?

LensFlare

Do you prefer to watch one episode a day, or would you rather commit your day to watching a whole season?

For me, it depends on the show. When I first watched MLP Friendship is Magic, I watched about 3 episodes each night. (Which make sit hard waiting a week for each new episode :blink: ) But with other shows, I'll sit down and watch an entire season/series in a day or 2. My issue with this way is I couldn't tell you specifics from a show I just powered through, as it all kinda blends together. 

I tihnk if the show is something I've seen before, it'll be a fun time powering through whole seasons at a time. But if it's a new show, I would rather take it slower and enjoy a few episodes at a time. Gives you time to take in what you've watched, as well as something to look forward to each day :D

it depends. when im at my dads house i dont get much time to watch TV, but when do i usually do i watch whatever episode of any show i havent seen in a while.but if im at my moms house, i can watch TV whenever i want, but we dont have cable so i watch dvds.

for MLP it was different than the other shows because I came into MLP pretty late (way after season 2 ended) so i would sit there and watch 5 or six episodes at a time  until i came to  the end of season two! 

for other shows like Bones, NCIS and big bang theory I watch them as they air on TV. 

It depends on the show if it is currently airing new episodes I catch them as they air or in the case of MLP which I got into after season 2 ended I watched them on youtube when I was watching I easily went through 5 or 6 episodes in some cases even more than that in a single day. I did the same thing when I got into the 2003 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series and now doing the same thing again with the 80's and 90's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series now that I have the series DVD box set. Then there are some shows I just watch every now and then when I get a chance like Batman the Animated Series for example.

I tend to do marathon runs of shows on the weekends. Typically I'll watch about 12 40min episodes in one sitting, but playing at 1.5x normal speed and then jump forward through borring parts.

Well, how long will I be bored? If I am just sitting at my grandparents doing nothing, I will watch a full season of a show, but if I am going to be busy later, I might only watch 1 or 2 episodes. It really isn't me, just more of my schedule. 

Well since I became a brony after S2 ended, I just watched episodes as many as I could a night, normally like 2-4.

I don't really watch many other shows to be honest. So yeah..

Now that i've seen every MLP episode multiple times I just kinda rewatch the series episode by episode when I feel like it, I mix it up with lets watches. :P. And abridged stuff.

But I just watch the new episodes as soon as they come out on youtube.(Because you know, closet brony. :P.)

mostly on my computer and I spend my entire day on a show. If its Doctor Who (which I have a copy of all the episodes that a friend gave me) I watch them on a second computer so I can do two things at once

The only thing I really watch is anime, and typically, I only watch anime with one season with either 11, 12, 24, 25, or 26 episodes. If I have all episodes available to me, say, on Hulu or something, then I will watch every episode of an 11/12 episode anime in one day. Unless it's flat-out bad.

If it's a 24 - 26 episode anime, I will watch it within 3 days, most likely. Probably about 12 the first day, 4 the next day, and the rest the day after that. Just works out like that. Unless the anime is very good, such as Steins;Gate. I watched all 26 episodes (I think it was 26) within 24 hours. Back to back to back to back. It was just wonderful. 

I'll watch on my laptop, most of the time, with the earphones in. Unless it's a day where no one is home; then I'll hook up my laptop to the television and play it through there. Though, I've been watching more on my Samsung Galaxy S3 with the earphones in, because after a certain time I'm "supposed to go to bed", but I don't, of course. Rather, I just watch anime. The big screen makes it comfortable for watching. Also, 720p is usually the max quality of the shows that I watch, anyway, so that works out perfectly, as that's the phone's resolution. It's not bad, I say. 

When I get hooked on a show (like Futurama or MLP:FiM), I normally blast right through all the episodes whenever I have time. Futurama took me a while, since it's been running for a pretty long time, but it still only took me a month or so since I watched one or more episodes each night. I burned right through the first two seasons of MLP in about a week.  ;)

To be honest, I almost never watch anything on TV anymore. Most stuff I watch is on my computer, either via YouTube or via download.

Edited by TECh the Halls

Id prefer to watch it straight through, even if it takes the whole week. Lots of the animes and shows i watch, id wait till a healthy amount of their episodes have been released, then watch them all the way through, same method for reading fanfics and manga. Though, some shows like MLP id watch weekly, as soon as it came out, too awesome to miss XD

I watched MLP really really slowly and tried to savor every episode individually. At first I watched one episode every couple of days on youtube. Once i had seen a majority of the episodes, i just watched alot of pony videos. Occasionally i would stumble across something new and i would go watch whatever episode it originated from. At one point there was like 2 or three episodes i hadn't seen, so i kinda just saved them for a rainy day. Now that the new season started, i get up in the morning and watch the new episodes on TV, or occasionally via Livestream. if not either, i usually have the new episode set to record so i can watch it later.

Edited by crazitaco

Oh! I forgot to say I guess it depends how you get your shows for how much you can watch. I watch pretty much everything on my computer. Either on youtube, on tv station websites, or if I own a physical copy of a show. (Speaking of which, Christmas has come early! Just got Season 1 of MLP FiM in the mail today!! :D )

I prefer to watch episodes online, because on regular tv/cable I'd always end up missing shows due to their specific air times. At least online you can generally watch whenever and for however long you have available. Either way, I'm still stuck waiting a week for each new episode, and as that Tom Petty song go... "the waiting is the hardest part" :P

I watch everything on my laptop for convenience.

I like to watch multiple episodes in one sitting, so I wait until 2 or 3 seasons have finished before I start watching a show to avoid burning through them all. When I discovered MLP, I finished Seasons 1 - 2 in 2 weeks.

• 1 year later...

I tend to watch shows constantly for a few days straight, power through the series, and then not watch any television or movies or anything for a week or so trying to catch up on work from the three days I wasted watching every episode of MLP. xD

Depends on the show, whether or not I've already watched it before, and how much time I'm willing to spend sitting around watching for. :)

For shows I've already watched, I'll probably just watch the occasional episode or two, depending on how long they are. If it's something I've never seen before, and I end up loving it, chances are I'll go on a short-ish marathon (5-10+ episodes). :D

I remember my first time watching Game of Thrones ... I watched the entire first season in one sitting, and the entire second the next day. :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Well with mlp when i first watched it i watched 72 (i think) episodes in 2 and a bit days. But now (I am on my second pass through the show) i only watch them 2-3 at a time, and watch the new ones the day after they air. I also tend to do the same type of thing with all the shows i watch.