Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Golden eagle snatches kid

Lost Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE0Q904gtMI

What are your thoughts on this vid?

Now I have a lot to say about this... I work at an raptor rehab center (yes... I'm a flutershy) and deal with eagles, hawks, and falcons...

But for your information, eagles have no interest in human flesh, and no eagle in North America is able to pick up a human kid... They have a nature to avoid humans.

But I will say that this vid was nicely edited! Because the bird used in the vid is really an osprey magnetized... And osprey only eat fish XD Edited by villan97
  • Brohoof 2

I had to wait for it to be slowed down before I actually saw the incident...a nice edit though.

Unless...it isn't an edit. In which case, BOW TO OUR SUPERIOR FEATHERED OVERLORDS.

Edited by Kolth

Obviously fake reaction obvious...

Also the camera shake (pretty sure purposely done) blurs it nicely so it's hard to see, and well... Video is fake, no much more needs to be said, besides that it has decent editing...

Yeah I can tell it's fake, why you watch the eagle in the beginning you can tell it looks odd floating across the skyline.  I don't know if any of you have seen an eagle fly (obviously you have) but I can guarantee that they don't float at odd frame rates across the sky.  Plus, the shadow shaking and 'glitching' at frames is a give away.

This was on the TV news. It is definitely an attention grabber. The reporter stated that this video was a project for a "3D animation and digital design class." Even though it is shocking, the reporter said they should obviously get an A.

Well then, I am guessing the video is fake? :huh:

Nah I kid, I saw it and the first thing that called my attention to it being fake was the reaction the guy recording had.

That did not sound like a real reaction let's just put it at that :P

Edited by ~ds8~

Everyone's telling this is fake, and i have to agree to that :P

I just don't think the cameraman would have reacted so calmly, but the kid was Flyin' High!!

Edited by Concord

For some reason, this video caused a lot of outrage when it went viral. Don't understand why. It was clearly a project made by a science professor and we all know going into it it was fake, so what's the problem?

I guess "baby snatching" isn't "in" these days.

Yeah Its pretty widely accepted on this thread that this is fake, and I have to agree. Honestly his reaction is to calm for it to be real.(Like seriously? I'm a much better actor then he is. :P And I'm not even in Drama or anything.)

I didn't pay enough attention to pick anything else out technical wise, but I know its not real. That and his parents or nobody else reacted really.

And Eagles don't eat humans :P.

Its quite good editing though, very possible to believe if you don't analyze it to much.

They're speaking French, as anyone should be able to tell, but I believe that that's a Quebecois accent.

That's not a golden eagle; I forgot what species it is, but it is not indigenous to Quebec.

I've heard that the video was traced to a Quebec animation school that each year assigns its students with the task of creating an internet hoax.  This is just the latest in their series of "class projects".

_____

Can any Quebecois Bronies understand what they're saying?  I can't understand Quebecois-French very well.

Sounded like:

"Oh shit."

*Indecipherable*

"Ah, ouais, mais...tu sais, eh?"

"Ca va?"

Obvious fake reaction is obvious.

Edited by Starswirl the Goateed

IT'S THE THUNDERBIRD!

If any of you guys have seen that episode of the Lost Tapes. I would just like to let you know that it scared the Hell out of me.

As for the video. I don't think that there's any bird that would attack a human being. Because of it's eyesight (as you can tell because it's a predator bird), It would know if it were a human or not. 

So, it's either fake, or Science is a conspiracy trying to kill us all.

And (assuming it's real) it wasn't an attack. As you can see because the bird immediately dropped the child after picking it up. 

AAAAND as I create movies/videos myself I can see that this would not be too hard to animate. As most of it was real footage, but they probably did some magic with editing. 

Derp.