Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MMORPG style pony game looking for coders, musicians and more...

Simcity11100

Good Idea or Bad One  

34 users have voted

1. 1. What do you think on how good this could be

• FABULOUS
    • Awesome
    • cool
    • alright
    • meh
    • Needs to be about 20% cooler
    • Not very good
    • silly
    • rediculous
    • I'D NEVER

I could be a tester and a writer if you need either. If you need one more than the other just say so. here is a link to a fanfic I was writing a while ago, its not done but hopefully its enough for you to get an idea.

Oh yes and I swear I will not abandon this game and will put what ever free time I get into it.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/63818/war-never-changes

Edited by Pr3datorTaco

Alright everypony. We will release the beta version when it's done, so take your time and everypony can test it when it's done.

Awww Yeeeaa! More programmers! This way I can focus myself on the network.

Actually we need as many modeler and artist as possible.

I think I could help with this game.

State what you want to be: Programmer

State why you are great at it: I have been learning C++ for a half of a year, I can do Object Oriented Programming.

State that you will work on this project: I will try to work on this project most of my free time and I will not abandon it.

My Email: krzychu_pro@op.pl

Sorry if I made any grammar mistakes, but English is not my native language.

Alright I'll add you to the project, but we need to make sure we're making some progress on the project and by all means you will be added to the discussion.

Alright I'll add you to the project, but we need to make sure we're making some progress on the project and by all means you will be added to the discussion.

Everypony who make useful progress will be granted with an admin account (Which is able to make Alicorn char) when we finish the game...When we finish the game...When we finish the game...

That sounds kinda weird. LOL. :lol:

You're talking about MLP:Online, aren't you?

Yeah, that's always my fear with projects like these. Stupid copyright and piracy laws...who needs laws? I'll tell you who: capitalists. Dirty capitalists.  ;)

that's exactly what i'm talking about, i merely designed clothes for the mmorpg itself... but it was so close to being released, everyone spent sooo long working on it, some people spent all day on it... if the copyright had come sooner it might not be so bad ... but to come that close to being finished? i was sore about it for awhile... but i'm still thankful they chose to keep the videos on youtube

Everypony who make useful progress will be granted with an admin account (Which is able to make Alicorn char) when we finish the game...When we finish the game...When we finish the game...

That sounds kinda weird. LOL. :lol:

And some you know im not spoiling it. So also we need permission you know to not get copyright law on us so it will take awhile with that i guess.

O sugar, that's not good. Well I am out, for this isn't worth the time and effort just to be crushed by copyrights from Hasbro. If anyone were to make a game now, it would have to be something completely different. Not one thing, not even a name from the show can be put into this game.

This can't be taken lightly.

Yeah, that's always my fear with projects like these. Stupid copyright and piracy laws...who needs laws? I'll tell you who: capitalists. Dirty capitalists.  ;)

Yes, we realize this. We're working on getting permission from Hasbro right now, actually. Can't be a proper game without the proper permissions.

Definitely make sure you avoid any infringements. A friend and I started a project a few months ago (it's still in the works actually) with the intent of making a movie related to MLP. Partway through the process, we decided to change our filming idea, and see if we could create a "Making of" film to show the fandom how MLP is made from start to finish.

To my surprise, we got a very positive response from the show staff. In fact, as we couldn't use official source material (due to spoilers and such), some of the staff agreed to make a short animated clip just for us, unrelated to the show whatsoever - so that we could show people the creative process.

Unfortunately, Hasbro's legal division shot us down, so we reverted back to our original filming idea.

If it's not terribly out of the question, you may want to get a license on top of mere permissions. Everfree Radio has a license with Hasbro, as well as Double Rainboom I believe. If this project turns out to be well received, they'll probably give you a thumbs up.

Oh, and just for fun:

State what you want to be: Musician

State why you are great at it: That's a weird question.

Proof that you are good at it: I had one of my commercial tracks air on 5 radio stations across Europe via The DC Mix.

State that you will work on this project: Yes, I'll work on this project. :P (I'm in college as a heads-up, and that will take priority.)

(As my disclaimer: I'd need to see level designs, character designs, storyline, etc. before I could determine whether I could write decent music for what you guys are doing.)

Edited by CloudFyre

What about voice over guys? That's what I'm good at, but I'm not sure if you'd need to use something like that right now or not, but I'm saying I'm good with that.

Later will be useful. This project moves very slow and it seems like it needs a pretty long time to recover. Many people wants to work hard on this, but the one who must be active isn't be as active as expected. -_-

• Brohoof 1

Later will be useful. This project moves very slow and it seems like it needs a pretty long time to recover. Many people wants to work hard on this, but the one who must be active isn't be as active as expected. -_-

Well im active sometimes but i have nothing to do literally nothin.... Maybe i could do more quests (*troll face here*) nah just joking we already have enough of em from me :P

As far as my concerns go, I'm a leader, someone who's suppose to encourage, but I'm going to be looking for a manager, anyone who can be a good manager, please come forward.

I dunno where you've been, but @@Sky Warden has been doing a great job of getting people moving and being productive. He's been doing the bulk of the programming as well, learning from Feld0 and directing the rest of us.

Warden has my vote for our leader.

I dunno where you've been, but @@Sky Warden has been doing a great job of getting people moving and being productive. He's been doing the bulk of the programming as well, learning from Feld0 and directing the rest of us.

I second this as well. Sky Warden has been more of a leader in this game than anyone, so of course my vote goes for the pirate guy. Also, my vote is equal to twenty-five normal votes. Sky Warden wins.

I second this as well. Sky Warden has been more of a leader in this game than anyone, so of course my vote goes for the pirate guy. Also, my vote is equal to twenty-five normal votes. Sky Warden wins.

post-10241-0-07469400-1358082334.jpg

My my. I'm not much a leader guys, and Simcity is the "leader". See my OC Cunning Horn. That's how my brain works. :lol:

Well, those two posts makes me feel like a pirate.
post-10241-0-09070400-1357724778.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Ive been doing 3d modelling for a few years now, and have made plenty upon plenty of models, and I also play the guitar quite a bit as well. If this looks like it could really get going and have work done (I've joined other projects in the past that seem to like to die out on week two), I would gladly help.

• Brohoof 1

Ive been doing 3d modelling for a few years now, and have made plenty upon plenty of models, and I also play the guitar quite a bit as well. If this looks like it could really get going and have work done (I've joined other projects in the past that seem to like to die out on week two), I would gladly help.

post-10241-0-27091100-1359802931.jpg

What a great talent! Oh, sorry, skill! Amazing!

Sadly, this project seems a little "dead" now. Lack of leadership, the crew say.

Well, it's a pity that we're not sure that we can use your skill in this project. If this project is still running, SimCity may call you.

By the way, there's another MMORPG project in progress, and may need some help on the modelling, but it won't release the recruitment thread until the network builder finish the database. Don't worry though, I will finish the database soon, and start recruiting. ;)

And i hope the network is finished soon so i can join as a bug/beta/alpha tester, so can that person be kind and finish it xD lol

post-10241-0-32041100-1358517311.jpg

If my memory serves me right, I think I've mentioned that we don't need official tester so many times. Everypony can test it when it's done. Also, usually people who make the game understand the system better than anyone else.