Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you think of the Pony.MOV series?

Unique Pinkie Pie

23 users have voted

1. 1. Favourite Episode

• APPLE.MOV
    • DRESS.MOV
    • SHED.MOV
    • MAGIC.MOV
    • PARTY.MOV
    • SWAG.MOV
    • I Like Them All!
    • None. (I Don't Like PONY.MOV!)
    • None. (I Have Never Seen PONY.MOV!)
  2. 2. Least Favourite Episode

• APPLE.MOV
    • DRESS.MOV
    • SHED.MOV
    • MAGIC.MOV
    • PARTY.MOV
    • SWAG.MOV
    • None. (I Like Them All & Therefore Have No Least Favourite!)
    • None. (I Don't Like PONY.MOV!)
    • None. (I Have Never Seen PONY.MOV!)

I think that they are really cool, Max Gilardi is an amazing animator and I'm glad that he's building his empire on his own. I like his humour and it's so much that I thank him because thanks to these animations I am a brony today and a better artist. happy.png

I legitimately hate it. It's just Ren and Stimpy with ponies painted over it. kinda like how FiW is just it's own series with footage from FiM. Apple.MOV was too weird for me to follow, Dress. MOV was stupid, and Shed.MOV was the straw that broke the small horses back. To me, shock humor is just another way of saying "I'm not creative enough to actually make a joke"

This is the only place besides Ponychan where I can losen the armor, temper the attitude, and feel comforatable enough to submit to my inner brony-wimp and say: I honestly just feel like it's a bastardization of the show, the show I fell in love with, and it's not even that funny. It offends me more than anything. Please don't let me be the only guy who doesn't love it.

(edited)

I legitimately hate it. It's just Ren and Stimpy with ponies painted over it. kinda like how FiW is just it's own series with footage from FiM. Apple.MOV was too weird for me to follow, Dress. MOV was stupid, and Shed.MOV was the straw that broke the small horses back. To me, shock humor is just another way of saying "I'm not creative enough to actually make a joke"

This is the only place besides Ponychan where I can losen the armor, temper the attitude, and feel comforatable enough to submit to my inner brony-wimp and say: I honestly just feel like it's a bastardization of the show, the show I fell in love with, and it's not even that funny. It offends me more than anything. Please don't let me be the only guy who doesn't love it.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion... I can honestly say that I didn't care for Ren and Stimpy when I watched it, but I have to disagree with you on the "creativity" part.  If you go and watch the rest of the series you might like some of them. It's true you most likely would not, but it's always worth a look.  Anyway back to the creativity part.  I think the exact opposite, just because one makes a video and it has crude and crass humor doesn't make it any less creative. 

Edited by MeanBlackHawk
  • Brohoof 2

F***ing hilarious. That was what got my crazy obsession interest in Spike going. He was the life and backbone to the series in my opinion.

(edited)

I met Diggedy six months ago in November. He's pretty cool for the most part. My favourite is SWAG.MOV. APPLE.MOV is a close second. That one is classic. Also, Spike is the best character.

Edited by Dismajo
  • Brohoof 1

If you go and watch the rest of the series you might like some of them.

No, I won't. I truly won't. And as far as creativity goes, I don't find shit and gore "jokes" to be a milestone of humor, random faces and laugh tracks aren't very clever not to mention that Max himself comes off as a total dick at Cons. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm not a fan of being insulted just for a cheap laugh.

I think they're hilarious, myself. First one I watched was APPLE.MOV, shortly after I started watching the actual show, and I laughed my ass off.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion... I can honestly say that I didn't care for Ren and Stimpy when I watched it, but I have to disagree with you on the "creativity" part.  If you go and watch the rest of the series you might like some of them. It's true you most likely would not, but it's always worth a look.  Anyway back to the creativity part.  I think the exact opposite, just because one makes a video and it has cured and crass humor doesn't make it any less creative. 

I have to agree, just because something is shocking, that doesn't mean that whoever made it is devoid of creativity.  The random absurdity of the /MOV series is something that's hard to pull off, honestly.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

To be frank I honestly cannot stand Hotdiggedydemon at all. img-1450602-1-dry.png

I snorted just a tad on the first one he made when it was Applejack eating apples to the point of choking or having some weird existential...but the sudden "lolsorandomXD" humor fit with cursing to try to be edgy threw off the feeling of parody for me way too much to get any enjoyment out of it. That's not to mention the "I'm trying to be like John Kricfalusi but not really." throwing me off either, but if I wanted a sort of older-audience/young adult type of humor tailored to me without making me feel dirty or weird, I'd just watch Friendship is Witchcraft

With Hotdiggedydemon I feel he's just...trying -way- too hard, and honestly has almost ruined my mood sometimes. I'll be looking for honest-to-God good artwork or discussions then *BAM* some retarded thumbnail or fanart of psycho Fluttershy or "Hurr RD called Pinkie Pie a cunt" shows up and I have to 360' moonwalk my way away from it.

Don't feel bad, as you can tell I feel the exact same way and the way you articulated yourself about the humor in these videos is -exactly- how I perceive them.

That being said, I don't think that just because Hotdiggedydemon made them that he should have a crutch for criticism.

Edited by MrHaru
  • Brohoof 1

I thought these were alright. I've never been much of a Kricfalusi fan but I thought giving the series a Kricfalusi style was interesting to see. I've only watched all of them about twice except SWAG, which I thought was the best.

You could say this is the Adult Swim version of MLP.

It was funny for a while so I did enjoy watching the whole series. SHED.MOV was the first mature pony video I really saw. The material did kind of disturb me a little bit as it was the first time I saw that kind of material in a pony video.

You could say this is the Adult Swim version of MLP.

It was funny for a while so I did enjoy watching the whole series. SHED.MOV was the first mature pony video I really saw. The material did kind of disturb me a little bit as it was the first time I saw that kind of material in a pony video.

I'd argue Friendship is Witchcraft is more of the Adult Swim-vibe because of all of the parodies it does within itself and how self-aware it is of its jokes. When I saw that the Season 2 finale started with Twilight singing about Shining Armor in a completely different manner than before, I almost choked on my spit laughing because it's an obvious joke but played very well and with the punchline being the other ponies basically going "Holy shit what is your deal, girl :O" I felt that it was something ripped straight from say, Robot Chicken.

The stuff of HDD I feel is more akin to SomethingAwful or Newgrounds rather than something more like FiW.

I loved the pony.mov series. Fluttershy is my favorite pony, because she's always like 'stay outta mah shed', and yeah, it's very funny.

• 4 months later...

I love it! I think because the ponies are so drastically different looking from the ones we know in love, we dont mind when they get chainsawed in half.

Comparing this to the infamous Smile HD, where our ponies look strikingly similar, and you arent prepared for it, it isnt as enjoyable

With the .MOV series, you know what it is as soon as you click on the video

Oh, the marvelous .mov's. That series was my favorite poni-poni video series.

I still watch SWAG.MOV or PONY.MOV occasionally.

They are humorous and entertaining. The animation is extrememly well executed, although HotDiggityDemon has had experience.

The Voice Acting is very well selected and enacted, and the stories were actually pretty well thought out.

I wish HotDiggidyDemon couldn have continued them.

I found Pony.MOV to be hilarious, the depiction of the characters in the artists own fashion was marvelous. I thought Pinkie Pie's story was the best, it was just so great. Everytime I watch Pony.MOV I just die.

post-19498-0-20610800-1380389077_thumb.jpg

I knew about it, but never really watched it. Then, I decided to give it a try and wasn't that impressed with it. I just found it to be boring and unfunny. It just didn't appeal to me.