Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you think of the Pony.MOV series?

Unique Pinkie Pie

23 users have voted

1. 1. Favourite Episode

• APPLE.MOV
    • DRESS.MOV
    • SHED.MOV
    • MAGIC.MOV
    • PARTY.MOV
    • SWAG.MOV
    • I Like Them All!
    • None. (I Don't Like PONY.MOV!)
    • None. (I Have Never Seen PONY.MOV!)
  2. 2. Least Favourite Episode

• APPLE.MOV
    • DRESS.MOV
    • SHED.MOV
    • MAGIC.MOV
    • PARTY.MOV
    • SWAG.MOV
    • None. (I Like Them All & Therefore Have No Least Favourite!)
    • None. (I Don't Like PONY.MOV!)
    • None. (I Have Never Seen PONY.MOV!)

if you have heard of pony.mov by diggydeamon.com

No I do not know, what is it?? I mean .MOV? What's that.. It isn't like about 85% of all bronies have seen it or something...

Seriously though, I love them. They are so fucked up but I laugh every time. My favorite has to be SHED.MOV, the one I think is most fucked up is PARTY.MOV and the worst so far is DRESS.MOV

Can't wait for SWAG.

I too like the .MOV series.  But to do that, I have to put it in a separate compartment in my brain.  Otherwise, the sensibilities in my canon section might be offended.  ;)  I can only take such tasteless humor in small doses. 

I'm glad to hear the series finale will soon be here.  He made one for the other five in quick order but SWAG has been left languishing for months.  No idea if he'll bring Rainbow Dash back to life or what.  But it involves her somehow because her face is the only one still blank on hotdiggety's home page. 

Edited by Wingnut

Um, no. Their sense of humor is just disturbing to me. I strongly dislike all of them but one.The only episode I actually liked was APPLES.MOV.

Same here, I don't like this kind of humor, but maybe I am too old for it. For me a parody is a bit more subtle and clever and not INYOURFACE use of explicit things.

The .mov series just feels like watching the newer scary movie series, meet the spartans, fantastic movie, someoftheothergarbage that comes from these producers. I really dislike this kind of humor.

I am not shocked, or offended by this stuff, I just think it's garbage that may appeal to some teenagers but leaves all the others shaking their heads.

Friendship is Witchcraft is much better in my opinion ;)

Edited by Wildcard
  • Brohoof 1

It's extremely ugly and pretty terrible, but it's good fun. It's very contrasting when compared to the real thing thanks to the first two. So yea, a good parody. One of the best out there, most likely.

They're alright. I really like the art style. It's pretty vibrant and aesthetically pleasing. Max also makes other work that's great.

Edited by ~Vallo~

I think they are funny. Some people don't like it because they think its making fun of the show, but honestly Im pretty sure the creator of it is a brony himself. 

I think they are funny. Some people don't like it because they think its making fun of the show, but honestly Im pretty sure the creator of it is a brony himself. 

Max already had said that he was a Brony

A long while ago (At least that's what I'm told)

He made a post on tumblr saying that he was

A part of the fandom

I don't like it. Not because I find that it's offensive, or that it's making fun of the show (Max Gilardi is a Brony afterall) or that it's vulgar, I just find the humour to be a bit stale, not clever, and rely too much on simple, overused jokes in order to make a laugh. I admit I've seen all of them, and when I first saw them I found them to be pretty funny, but now that I've matured a lot, I find that kind of humor to be childish and really not at all that great.

And on the other side of the matter, I've seen Max Gilardi when I went to Equestria LA, and well, he's... if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all, so I'll stick to that. But if I'm watching something and I know the guy that makes it is... whatever, it kind of makes me feel a bit off when I'm watching it.

• Brohoof 1

I feel meh about them. Not really a fan of parody series that take the "completely offensive and cynical" route. Jappleack Tumblr was freaking awesome and also had amazing art quality, though. If Swag.mov can follow through on the surprising amounts of seriousness from that, it'll definitely be the best of the videos. 

• Brohoof 1

A lot of people don't like the series for it's gore and cruel humor, but that's what I love it for the most. The way how it's a way more bloody and grown up version of My Little Pony's. :)

But that is just my opinion, not everyone has to agree with me on it. I mean I showed my non-brony friend the series, and she had nightmares about the show after that, so yeah.

But not everyone likes gore and bloody things like me, but I still respect my opinion. :)

• 1 month later...
(edited)

I like the .MOV series. My favorite one has to be either SHED.MOV or PARTY.MOV. The animation was good and who ever voiced Twilight sounded almost the same as Twilight in the actual show. Spike and Rainbow Dash were hilarius. Plus, I think I'll stay out of Fluttershy's shed. HEHEHEHE swag. :)

Edited by Jeffbaker199

I really liked the .mov series but I kinda wished that it would be even more disturbing and have an even greater shock factor.My favorite would be shed.mov coz I really like the whole disturbing serial killer theme.

(edited)

My friend Songbrony said he liked it. I had heard a bunch of stuff about it and tried to steer clear of it, listening to my mind's warning of "Trust us, you're not going to like it"

But I ended up watching it anyway, and while I can see the quality and effort put into them, they definitely were not my cup of tea. I got a little sick to the stomach from watching them. I just never got into that kind of humor before.

I'm not discounting how much ponies seem to like it. It's obviously really good. It's just something that I probably shouldn't have watched.

*shivers from thinking about SHED.MOV*

Ugh, I stopped when I reached the newest one, SWAG.MOV. I decided I couldn't deal with 15 more minutes of .MOV........ sorry guys

Edited by AnonyPoni

This series is pretty funny but truly disturbing at times haha. At times I laughed and at others I wanted to close the tab. I'm very wishy-washy with this series but all in all hotdiggydeamon has a very interesting-morbid sense of humor :P If you're into that kind of stuff i'd recommend watching.

Well it was... it was something. It was something that entertained me though. Kinda scary in cartoon panel 2 near the end though. :P

I gotta say I loved .mov because of the random humour in it and I cant stop laughing at .mov Fluttershy's Fat Albert voice in the pony.mov series!

HEYHEYHEY Stop poking me with your thing! and Stay out of my shed y'all!  :lol:

I'm mixed about them.

I have watched them (mostly to see what people are talking about), I admire the amount of effort put into the videos, and I have gotten some good laughs, but much of the humor and Ren & Stimpy-style art/visual gags doesn't appeal to me.

Apple.mov - Was greatly amusing, I got some good laughs out of it.

Dress.mov - It was okay.

Shed.mov - Far more disturbing than funny.

Magic.mov - I probably got more laughs from this than Apple

Party.mov - I liked the whole idea of Pinkie being like some washed up celeb who drank and partied too much (a case we see happen far too often in real life), that was funny, but alot of the other jokes presented, like Dress, where just okay.

Swag.mov - Okay, the Discord VS RD battle was epic, and the part with Applejack made me laugh, but I honestly still liked Apple/Magic the best.

I don't love nor hate them, I did find them amusing at times, but, once again, they just aren't my thing.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought about making this poll yesterday. I thought it would be a lot of fun and I also wanted to make a topic, which I don't do to often.

In my opinion: SWAG > APPLE > MAGIC > SHED > PARTY > DRESS

My personal favourite is SWAG.MOV. It used to be APPLE, but my mind changed once the finale came out. Those two I liked right away.

I admit I had to watch SHED, MAGIC, and PARTY more than once to get the swing of it.

My least favourite is DRESS. It just wasn't very exciting. I feel like the very few that isn't "offended" by it. It takes a lot to offend me on the Internet!

Edited by Nagisa Misumi
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
(edited)

Edited by ____

(edited)

I think they're genius and well put together. I laughed so hard it hurt to laugh after I was done watching for a good 5 minutes. Obviously a lot of time and effort has been put into making the series.  They not only just know the colors and names of the ponies, they knew about the actual characters themselves.  Obviously they had to have acquired knowledge of MLP somehow and my guess is through watching the show themselves. 

Edited by MeanBlackHawk
  • Brohoof 1

I think they're genius and well put together. I laughed so hard it hurt to laugh after I was done watching for a good 5 minutes. Obviously a lot of time and effort has been put into making the series. they not only just know they colors and names of the ponies they knew about the actual characters themselves. Obviously they had to have acquired knowledge of MLP somehow and my guess is through watching the show themselves.

Exactly everything you just posted. I was going to say that but you said it better than I ever could have and I really can't think of anything else to add. I love Pony.MOV :D

• Brohoof 1

Exactly everything you just posted. I was going to say that but you said it better than I ever could have and I really can't think of anything else to add. I love Pony.MOV biggrin.png

Honestly some people may not like the crass humor of the series, but you cannot deny the fact that they at least put in a lot of time and effort and are knowledgeable beyond a doubt about mlp.

• Brohoof 1

I saw the .MOV series (the first five, that is) long before I became a brony, and I really enjoyed how Max (HotDiggedyDemon) bastardized Friendship Is Magic in a way that didn't mock the show or its fanbase, but created almost a pastiche of it. The series pushes the envelope for both MLP fan content (though Max distances himself from the fandom) and YouTube videos in general. He was able to make psychopathy, gore, and extremely juvenile innuendo really funny ("How about you resurrect my penis. With sex.").

Plus Egoraptor voiced Rarity so that was cool

Since I was so enamored with the first five, it sucked that SWAG.MOV was delayed, but it really delivered upon its premiere (the Game Grumps ponies and the snowpony were nice touches as well).

Yeah. Good series.