Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you think of the Pony.MOV series?

Unique Pinkie Pie

23 users have voted

1. 1. Favourite Episode

• APPLE.MOV
    • DRESS.MOV
    • SHED.MOV
    • MAGIC.MOV
    • PARTY.MOV
    • SWAG.MOV
    • I Like Them All!
    • None. (I Don't Like PONY.MOV!)
    • None. (I Have Never Seen PONY.MOV!)
  2. 2. Least Favourite Episode

• APPLE.MOV
    • DRESS.MOV
    • SHED.MOV
    • MAGIC.MOV
    • PARTY.MOV
    • SWAG.MOV
    • None. (I Like Them All & Therefore Have No Least Favourite!)
    • None. (I Don't Like PONY.MOV!)
    • None. (I Have Never Seen PONY.MOV!)

I'd say mixed bag, as we go down the line:

Apple: not bad, but a little forgettable

Dress: The same, I forget it even exists at times when talking about it.

Shed: That song was really damn catchy

Magic: Actually pretty good, I feel like this was the high point and the gross-out humor was dailed back enough to not be overpowering and some funny jokes were actually made

Party: The whole thing went to crap at this point, there was only like one funny joke and now I can't remember what it was

Swag: Didn't bother watching it after how party turned out.

All and all, if you like this sort of thing look up Atom/Joe Cartoons. It's the same kind of black comedy but it's done better IMO.

Edited by Shoboni

i was just wondering if anyone had an opinion on PONY.MOV.

like, do you think it's funny? do you think it's scary? i want to know. post either your reactions or your opinion in the comments below!

FTR, i thought it was actually really funny.

As it so happens, we already have a thread for discussing the PONY.MOV series. I've merged your thread with it so that we don't have two of the same thread.

Please use the search function in the future to see if your thread idea already exists. :)

They were quite hilarious and made me wanna watch Ren and Stimpy again and again.The art style is pretty damn wacky and amusing,and.the animation is really well done.Truth to be told,the MOV series is one of the things which made me part of the fandom.

i thought it was messed up how it makes fun of the show a tad bit and rarity especially but i guess it was funny in a crude, sexual, drug usage way...

It's supposed to be a mixture of crude/dark humor, satirizing the show if it were to be taken to an adult environment level.

Honestly, the .MOV's were pretty accurate with the show if it were a bit more up there around the TV-MA range.

• 11 months later...

All of them are my favourites. They are hilarious. Well, most of the time they're boring, but they always keep you entertained.

But...

I liked SWAG.MOV because of that awesome speech, that awesome fight and the way RD owned Discord.

I disliked DRESS.MOV because racism isn't funny, especially to my fellow mexicans cousins.

Edited by Darker

Favorite: 0

Least Favorite: All

I'm not a fan of those series of videos... like at all. I find little of the videos funny, the humor is of the unsavory sort, the characterization of characters is terrible.

Edited by EquestrianScholar

My favorite would be MAGIC.MOV. I love Twilight Sparkle's character and voice in PONY.MOV, and Spike's little speech about "everypony" gets me every time.

Least favorite would have to be DRESS.MOV. I just don't find it as funny as the others. PARTY.MOV is also not a favorite of mine, though I enjoyed it immensely the first time around.

I like the whole series. To be honest, the pony panels would have to be my favorite of all things .MOV related. Spike's description of Bronies and the idea of a Wolf Puncher game is fantastic. Not to mention the quick "this isn't canon" explanation of Rainbow Dash's appearance. :lol:

Edited by Cape

I saw it. Not a fan personally. Magic has a chuckle worthy moment when Spike talks about Everybody vs Everypony ... but let's just say I prefer the more intelligent humor of FIW and MA.

• Brohoof 1

It's...all right, though it's nothing special in my eyes. I was never a big fan of the Ren & Stimpy style of humor, so yeah. It was fine, but forgettable.

It fails at being funny

That was my main issue. I don't mind satire, or poking fun at characters ... even turning the characters into completely absurdest versions of the mane six can be rib tickling. So much of the intended humor fell flat. Also, I have this suspicious view that unlike Mentally Advanced (hilarious in my opinion) or Friendship is Witchcraft, .MOV was created as a traffic generating tool absent the enjoyment of the franchise that it was satirizing.

It just wasn't that funny.

Now Otaku Luna in FiW and Rarity vs Sandwich making in MA :D

• Brohoof 2

Hah, I'm under the age of 17 and I love this series! I think it's hilarious, and hotdiggedydemon himself is a very funny person. It looks like it's making fun of MLP, but it's all in good fun. The only one I didn't like was SPIKE.MOV, uhh do I have to say why?