NavelColt

155 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

found a hole because of Rarity so it has been changed. Because twilight used the spell that transformed her into an alicorn she gained information about how to fly as well. the hole would be with Rare when she gets her fragile wings. She shouldn't be able to know how to fly right away but right after she gains them she is flying (though we don't see her we can see by her shadow that she is indeed flying). this may prove that the ability to fly should pass onto twilight in the same way by the spell though twilight's be a more advanced spell.

Plausible, maybe. Why? Well, if you remember Rarity did have a time gap between her receiving her wings and meeting RD and Flutters. She could have possibly practiced we don't know, so I wont go jumping on auto-magic information (see what I did there, lol).

Twilight situation is totally different, she received her wings at the end of the day. We can also assume she's beat from saving ponyville (again) and friends from sudden disaster. Twilight would be hitting the hay pretty hard meaning no practice. Same story in the mourning...as to prepare for a ceremony last minute. Rush rush rush busy busy busy unable to practice.  

Now maybe her and Rarity did gain information (which I doubt, but that's just me) or practice makes perfect and Twilight disobeyed the laws of Junior Speeders Camp. I go with the latter... B)

M.A. Larson is my new favorite writer. Sorry Meghan, this was too epic

Though something I don't like is having to wait months to see the other 2 parts.

If anything, I'm afraid of the Mane 6 being broken up over jealousy. As a matter of fact I'm starting to imagine it as the plotline for S4. Twilight begins the season by believing that because she is a princess now, she should act more like it. Therefore she holds herself aloof over her friends and this begins to rattle the nerves of probably Rarity, Rainbow and deffo AJ, being the Element of Honesty and all. Then they suddenly break up, and while a villain prepares to attack Equestria, Celestia tries to help a depressed Twilight find a spark that will move her to reaffirm her friendship with her friends. Just as she does, the villain attacks, and the stage is set for Twilight's future. Will the vanquishing of the villain totally absorb Twi's powers, and with it her form? Or will something else shocking happen?

• Brohoof 2

If anything, I'm afraid of the Mane 6 being broken up over jealousy. As a matter of fact I'm starting to imagine it as the plotline for S4. Twilight begins the season by believing that because she is a princess now, she should act more like it. Therefore she holds herself aloof over her friends and this begins to rattle the nerves of probably Rarity, Rainbow and deffo AJ, being the Element of Honesty and all. Then they suddenly break up, and while a villain prepares to attack Equestria, Celestia tries to help a depressed Twilight find a spark that will move her to reaffirm her friendship with her friends. Just as she does, the villain attacks, and the stage is set for Twilight's future. Will the vanquishing of the villain totally absorb Twi's powers, and with it her form? Or will something else shocking happen?

Ooh, that's a good idea.  And completely believable.  Twilight does tend to be a bit by-the-book, so it makes sense she would think that a "proper" princess should be more aloof, thus inadvertently abandoning the friendship aspect that gave her the power in the first place.

Cookies for you for being so clever.

Pearls of Wisdom - Taxation WITH representation ain't so hot, either.

Hehe, being so modest I'm not so accepting of flattery. But yeah, it's a solid plot (no pun intended :P ) and while Twilight attempts to keep her friendship in one piece, it just wouldn't work as like you said, she is a "by the book" pony, and thus the friendship temporarily falls apart. Shocked and upset, Twilight falls into depression, realizing the role of princess takes up just too much time to be with her friends, and worse still, totally oblivious to the growing evil that is on the verge of terrorizing Ponyville. Pretty much the same goes for the others, who are at first disappointed with Twilight for overlooking her friendship in favour of her princesshood, overtime regretting the mistake of getting angry at her just because of her duties, when they should've been more respectful and patient. And just when they get together to reconcile, the villain strikes with all momentum behind him/her.

On a side note, I beg to Larson to make Chrysalis the villain for the S4 curtain opener. Unaware of the fact a new princess was crowned Chrysalis returns to seek her revenge, by first going after the ones who kicked her out the first time round; Shining Armor and Cadence. Realizing her brother's and foalsitter's lives (and love) are in danger, Twilight has to act!  

Continuing the upper paragraph, once everything is said and done, Twi does not renounce her princesshood, but instead tells Celestia that being a princess alost cost her friendship, only for Celestia to respond with the correction to Twilight's current lesson; she did not need to behave above her friends to be a princess, but simply to keep to her watch over Ponyville with modesty, justice and fellowship. And that is the lesson Twilight learns. End of story, goodbye, the end. *Eyes up forum* Any questions?  

Edited by Fyrestorm

Honestly, I think the reason this episode has bad pacing issues/no dramatic build-up is because they wanted to split it into more parts, but that didn't end up happening. There are so many scenes and phases it goes through, it seems obvious to me that a lot was cut out with interactions.

the only other problem I have with it, which I suppose they may have had to cut out. Is twilight takes it so much in stride, which I can't really see her character actually doing, she would be too humble to accept it at first, and be in a little bit of denial.

I figure a scene like that would fit in when she is in the... celestial emptyness of stuff, talking to celestia. So there may have been one, and they just had to cut it.

Let me clarify: I still enjoyed the episode, despite its faults.

I wasn't a big fan of some of the songs, but I didn't think any of them were bad, but that might change, I really didn't like find a pet the first time I heard it either.

I just wish it could have been to the standards of the rest of the show. it was inferior, but not bad.

Edited by Barbossa

By the way just when is the next season going to start? I can not wait for it. I am going crazy with out more my little pony.

Some one help me! 

I wish I knew the answer to that but so far they haven't revealed exactly when season 4 is going to start at least not that I have heard.

Today’s featured content is by a relatively new member, Kitty Kate!

On February 16th, 2013, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic’s third season ended with the airing of its thirteenth episode. Songs were sung, parties were thrown, and liquid pride was shed. Now, however, the finale has passed, and people have already begun speculating on where the show is headed. Before we get too caught up in arguing about the future, it might pay to slow down and take a more in-depth look at the past, especially in the wake of the last episode—”Magical Mystery Cure.”

http://www.roundstable.com/2013/02/21/the-long-and-winding-road-of-friendship/

It still freaks me out about Twilight being an Alicorn! I mean I can understand if they did it if they were ending the show for good but now? season 4 is going to take some getting used to...just think of how many fanfics will be ruined because of this lol! XD

It still freaks me out about Twilight being an Alicorn! I mean I can understand if they did it if they were ending the show for good but now? season 4 is going to take some getting used to...just think of how many fanfics will be ruined because of this lol! XD

Well fanfictions don't need to be ruined, authors just need to state that the events of their story are taking place before the season 3 final.

In a way it just's builds up the plot-line and makes it easier for the writers to make episodes, if you complaining they will have no ideas, then no mlp, you choice...

• Brohoof 1

Well fanfictions don't need to be ruined, authors just need to state that the events of their story are taking place before the season 3 final.

Fanfiction is inherently not canon anyway, so I don't see why any fanfic author would care. It's not like your stories ever going to be made canon. If it contradicts the lore than it's an alternate universe.

Edited by Mr. Jaguar

I’m sorry, I’ve been waiting for weeks to post that. Anyhow, for me this is probably my most anticipated episode and quite honestly I’m very nervous. This is the time for M.A Larson to show us why he’s my favorite writer and bring this season home.

I Love The Beatles! I think it would be soo cute if someone actually drew My Little Pony versions of The Beatles Album covers! Yet they would all be My Little Pony Friendship is Magic related, not Beatles related for example Sgt Peppers wouldn't say Sgt. Peppers, it would say Friendship is Magic or something like that instead for the My Little Pony version. 

Edited by SingingFluttershy1279
  • Brohoof 1

In a way it just's builds up the plot-line and makes it easier for the writers to make episodes, if you complaining they will have no ideas, then no mlp, you choice...

No one said there won't be anymore ideas anymore. It's more like the stories involving Princess Twilicorn aren't going to be like it was before. The popularity of the other ponies are going to go up and people are going to only like the shows that has more of the other ponies than Twilicorn.

We've already been seeing a decline in her funky adorkable antics.

• Brohoof 1

Everybody is saying that this is a bad move from has bro. Sure but I comes with its pros as well. Like twilight can spend more time with pegesi or maybe celestial and rainbow dash have to teach her how to fly. But of course she has to deal with some of the duties of being a princess. And sometimes her friends will think that she Is better than them since she's an alicorn. But you guys gotta have faith. You'll never know what might happen. I also heard a rumor that the first two episodes of season four are gonna be this episode continued. I'm not sure but maybe has bro might be able to make everyone stop hating on alicorn twilight. But the episode as a whole feels just a little too rushed. Should have been two episodes instead.

Just imagine how jealous trixie would be Haha lol.

This is my first post so don't h8 too much.

Glad to know I wasn't the only one who didn't like this episode.

The biggest problem is the pacing.  There was hardly a minute between each song.  The first one just jumped right in, hitting us like a Mike Tyson punch to the face.  The songs were good, but without space between them and time to see something different, they become tiring.  The conflict ressolution was terribly rushed, which is sad when you concider that it was halfway through the episode.

I don't mind Twilight being an Alicorn, but why did no pony ask how, why, or to what extent.  Rarity even said that they didn't know that could happen, and none of them have any questions?  I have to tell you, if I suddenly sprouted wings, I would be at least a little interested in the "how" and "why".

What really got under my skin was Twilight becoming a princess for arbitrary reasons.  Were they really so creatively bankrupt that they had to steal ideas from G3?  The title "Princess" goes to members of a royal family.  Twilight would not qualify just because she sprouted wings.  Will I be adopted into the British royal family, if my ears suddenly expand?  That made me want to gag.

This episode really should have been a two-parter.  They could have done so much more with it, if it was.  They could have actually shown Starswirl and hint at why he wasn't able to finish his spell (what did the finished spell DO anyway?).  Maybe even have Celestia explain how she and her sister became Alicorns.

Now this episode is salvagable.  The explainations might be given in season 4.  Hopefully in a flashback Celestia/Luna episode (pretty please?).  In the end, I'm not looking forward to season 4 like I was season 3.  This episode left a bad taste in my mouth.

• Brohoof 6

So much negativity on this episode still. Doesn't ANYPONY have anything positive to say about this episode which overpowers the negative?

There is

Sadly, those of us who liked it seem to be really freaking far in the minority. Even a lot of kinder comments amount to "they did the best they could with the constraints they were put under".  

That frustrates me. 

Edited by ByTheTides