NavelColt

155 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

But whats with the changelings like except chrysalis every changeling a male [i think] and they have horns&wings so...

:o  

Changelings is another race. Nobody complains that zebras have no wings? :)

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

I don't really like that Twilight became an Alicorn although I should have seen it coming. It mostly bothers me because all of the main six and probably most of the ponyvilliaians knew about friendship and had great friends for ages when, in the long run, Twilight is still very new to it. Along those lines, anyone could've become princess (or prince) but Celestia was just watching Twilight (kinda creepy).

• 2 weeks later...

I liked the episode, I really enjoyed the music ^^. The story was... maybe not that really well thought of, looked a little bit lazy, but I liked what they were going for :).

• 2 weeks later...

It's a great change for Twilight, as her character may have become stale. But only a decent episode. I found it ok, but slightly boring. I didn't dislike it as the rating implies, but my rating is 2*.

On a side note- Meghan McCarthy probably would've been a better fit for this episode.

(edited)

I just watched this episode for the first time, and I have some mixed feelings about it.

Is it just me, or did anyone else find the plot of this episode was a bit nonsensical? I mean, it didn't seem to have any relevance whatsoever to Twilight's transformation. I know it was one of Celestia's tests but that seemed like a pretty flimsy plot device. Then there's this huge reveal at the end, although even that was muted compared to the ending of The Crystal Empire.

I think it would have worked better if they had saved the Crystal Empire plot line for a two-part series finale. Maybe upon finding the Crystal Heart and banishing King Sombra, Twilight could have become an alicorn/princess.

It just seems like this was supposed to be a huge moment in the series and it came off as really downplayed for me, in terms of the overall plot of the episode and its delivery.

Maybe it's just me but maybe there are others who think this as well :derp:

EDIT: Also - song fillers. I know it's a finale but there were seven songs in this one, and less story development made the plot even thinner.

Edited by Sky Flare
  • Brohoof 3

• 3 weeks later...

I kind of guessed Twilight would become a princess, because her name is Twilight which is the moment between day and night (Celestia and Luna), while Cadence's name refers to rhythm. Basically, all of their names have to do with the passing of time.

The Final Solution

I just saw this article on Equestria Daily today: M.A. Larson Discusses Magical Mystery Cure

It confirmed what I had long suspected, but never really knew for sure: that Magical Mystery Cure was written to be the last episode of Friendship is Magic. Goodbye. Farewell. So long, and thanks for all the hay. The end.

I originally expressed my suspicions and somewhat emotional reaction to them over in the alicorn princess thread, in this post: The Happiest Ending...

When I first saw Magical Mystery Cure, I strongly felt that it was intended to be the last episode of the series, but it always bugged me that I didn't know for sure. Now I do, and I thought I should mention it for the benefit of anyone else who shared that feeling and may have missed "the reveal" in this thread or others on the subject.

Thanks, M.A. Larson! This time for letting us know that yes, Magical Mystery Cure was truly intended to be the final episode of Friendship is Magic.

Thank goodness Hasbro changed their minds! ^_^

• Brohoof 2

Thanks for the info, @ponyvangelist! When you come to think, this episode could actually work as a series finale.

Personally, I never had any major problem with Magical Mystery Cure. I never understood why the drama about Twilight becoming an alicorn. I think it was an interesting twist  of a fairy tale-like story: instead of the girl being born or marrying into royalty, she carved her path into there and earned it.

A minor problem that I had with the episode is that I think that things happened too fast, I guess that MMC would work better as a two-parter: on part one we see the ponies dealing with their personality change, while on part two we see Twilight getting the cure.

I don't know how many times I have watched this episode, but I know all of the songs by heart! I catch myself singing or humming in the most random of places and I get funny looks from people in public. LOL! By far one of my favorite episodes! 

• 3 weeks later...

Finally finished watching S3 today (i've been using this small hiatus to catch up on s2-s5).  This episode felt like it should have been a two parter, it felt like it was rushed and should have been twice as long. It is a good episode overall though.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The situation twilight got herself in must have been really confusing... At first she was like "WHAT IN THE WORLD IS HAPPENING?!" in her mind at the beginning. At the very end she told spike how she got a book delivered to her. When she said that she said "From one to another another to one a mark of ones destiny singled out alones fulfilled". It got me wondering... Was Starswirl persuing dark magic? Could he be in a sense be evil? WHAT COULD THIS MEAN?!?! (by the way that looked like dark magic to me but the thing that got me thinking... HOW COULD SHE NOT HEAR THE MAGIC RIGHT BEHIND HER? WHY DIDNT SHE INVESTIGATE?!)

PLEASE STOP MY SUFFERING

If you guys out there have seen someone named axa give me a shout out cause my heart aches without him *starts tearing up* The memory I wanna forget is sayin goodbye.

On magical mystery cure at first twilight was probably thinking "WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON". But the thing that got me thinking... WHY COULDN'T SHE HEAR THE MAGIC RIGHT BEHIND HER WHEN SHE SAID "From one to another another to one a mark of one's destiny singled out alones fulfilled"that's not the only thing that got me thinking... was Star Swirl perusing dark magic? Could he be in a sense be evil? WHAT COULD THIS MEAN?!

• 3 weeks later...

i've gone and made some more content this time on this episode well kinda 

see here:

for the actual episode 10/10 would watch again and have many times.

• 1 month later...

*Spoiler Alert*

One thing I to this day am trying to figure out. When the Mane 6 was in the room and the EOH started projecting beams at TS's crown on the floor was a burn mark of her CM. Was it through her CM of being candidate of the element of magical friendship did she ascend to the next level. Perhaps ...  did she just hyper evolve through the ending of SS&B's spell that PC knew about and wanted to see if TS could finish it as her and Luna both did.

Oh Magical Mystery Cure, the very first episode of this show that I really loved.

I still really enjoy it to this day.

The animation in this episode is fantastic and A True True Friend and Celestia's Ballad are still some of my absolute favorite songs from the show.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...