NavelColt

155 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

It still amazes me how popular this episode is. Like, no.... its bad. It doesn't stand up to scrutiny, Celestia is either out of character or really a terrible person, Twilight is both a minion and sort of a dunce for not realizing what had happened.

Overall I think this is a good episode. I do agree that Celestia's role is questionable when you begin to think about it, and it was a bit of a rushed ep, could've been done over two. Plot and character detail was sacrificed for songs, but I like the songs. What I still find very surprising and refreshing (with both this and Twilight's Kingdom) is how much of a deliberate decision there is in changing the status quo, moving things forward and advancing characters. Most shows, especially animated/kids shows, want to try and keep things the same for as long as possible. I think it was a relatively brave move to have Twilight become a princess/alicorn, even if not everyone thinks it was the right move. There's also a real sense of finality about this episode, I think it could honestly serve as a series finale. Normally it's only in the last episode of a show that there would ever be such a change, to wrap things up in a big, neat, happy bow and get the happily ever after ending. And considering the season was only 13 episodes do we think that there was a possibility that the show was ending at the time? Or at least people working on it did so made sure they had some kind of ending in place in case it did? If it never was in danger of ending, then all the more reason it was a brave and different decision to change things knowing they'd then be dealing with the change moving forward and we'd all get to see what happened next.

I'm still waiting for season 5! But in season 3 (I know this isn't really talking about this but) do you think that somepony else could replace her? I mean I know she can't because "friendship is magic" but what would happen if she decided to leave ponyville randomly?

This episode was so great! It definitely made up for a fairly dull season. And it's still my favorite season finale. The songs were outstanding and it's wonderful that Twilight is an alicorn now. I actually like alicorn Twilight more than the older one. My favorite song was A True True Friend. And every song is among my favorite songs not just in MLP but of all time. It was kind of rushed but still it was amazing. I actually like this way more than Twilight's Kingdom.

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Okay, so while watching this episode I noticed an.. Odd.. occurrence, sure lets go with that. Well in the episode while the mane 5's Cutie Marks were changed (Excluding Twilight) Apple Jacks Family didn't just notice that her cutie mark was changed and were okay that she was now a seamstress.. Like what happened to the Apple Family bond. Their sister just you know drops everything changes her cutie mark and works at the boutique and no one in that family darts an eye. I assume it's because Hasbro didn't want to pay the people that voice those characters but regardless. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure of what to think about this episode. Probably one the most unexpected ones. It wouldn't say I didn't like it but it left a strange impression. Anyway, season 4 is probably my favorite so it didn't ruin anything to me.

• 2 weeks later...

I really liked the songs in this ep, but especially "I've Got to Find a Way", which is one of my most favorites from the show ^_^

Although S4 finale would have been a much better ending for Twilight to become an alicorn than S3.

I loved the way this episode was set up. I think the music captured the moments perfectly, especially Find A Way, which remains one of my favorite MLP songs to this day. The forlorn mane six as their wrong cutie marks ruin their lives just hurt to see, and the joy when they return to normal is amazing. The crowning moment for me is the moment this:

"From one to another, another to one, the mark of one's destiny singled out alone, fulfilled" becomes

"From all of us together, together we are friends, with the marks of our destinies made one, there is magic without end"

That second line just gives me chills every time I hear it, and even just now when I wrote it down.

Celestia: Hey Twilight, you're a princess now.

Twilight: Why?

Celestia: Why? Just Because.

This episode ruined the entire show, not sure why do people even like this one.

Celestia explained why she became a alicorn, or do you not listen.

She had to learn so much to get to that point, i don't see much of a problem. She wouldn't grant that power because of a lame reason, she had earned it. Friendship is a powerful thing even if you can't understand the principles, its there whether you do or not. But this doesn't make her perfect, she still suffers from  her old flaws: the way Twilight is hasn't changed very much in that form, she's still her old self.

Edited by Candy Star

She had to learn so much to get to that point

Ooooh, a testable claim!

Tell me, what would have gone differently if Magical Mystery Cure had happened say... in episode 3 of the series? What would Twilight not have known that she needed in order to become an alicorn princess? One thing, I dare ya.

OOh a challenge! You really want to win this don't you?  :lol:

Alright, I doubt Twilight could have prepared herself for it, but this was her test. Her friends she made, the lessons she went through after so much hard work. She puts herself in their shoes ever once in a while so she can learn more about them. But the one thing she never knew was that it took more than life lessons to attain it. You need to be able to understand everything you've been taught. 

It was never about who was right and wrong, there could be many things that lead to that moment. It doesn't have to be just one.

Edited by Candy Star