Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 4 Preview & Info [Spoilers]

duidamasterXD

Good previews, but it makes me wonder; why Fluttershy and Buff Biceps are on Rainbow Dash's team in the first place?

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against either of those two, but surely it would've more logical for Rainbow Dash to have her team consist of pegasi in Ponyville she knows are capable flyers..

Maybe they were the only volunteers, maybe some sort of Equestria Games regulation kept Rainbow from choosing better flyers, I guess we'll only find out when the episode gets released.

Fluttershy is actually there to give moral support, like the rest of the main six.

Season 4 Episode 13 synopsis revealed thanks to Equestria Daily: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/01/season-4-episode-13-simple-ways-press.html#more

"Simple Ways" - Rarity is known around Ponyville for her confidence and class, both of which are lost when Trenderhoof, the world famous travel writer and apple of Rarity's eye, comes to town. So, when Trenderhoof's attention is drawn to Applejack, Rarity does the unexpected and begins to dress and act more like Applejack than herself, which ends up in a muddy mess, on "My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic," Saturday, February 8 at 10:30 a.m. ET/ 7:30 a.m. PT on the Hub Network.

This sounds so amazing on every level. Fans of Rarity and Applejack should both be quite excited. :yay:

First we got Applejack and Fluttershy, then Applejack and Pinkie Pie, and now more Applejack and Rarity. As a massive AJ fan, I just can't contain the hype right now. <3

Oh my Celestia.

3749d1329355721-so-my-tire-fubar-rainbow

Looks like Rarity will be making a complete fool of herself.

Ah, new synopses... Let's see what we have here...

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/01/the-hub-february-highlights-simple-ways.html

Wait...

Simple Ways synopsis...

February 8 – “Simple Ways”: Rarity has a crush on travel writer, Trenderhoof,
and plans to wow him with her ideas for the upcoming Ponyville Days Festival.
But Trenderhoof soon has a crush of his own, and Rarity finds herself competing
with Applejack for his attention.

:blink:

This might become one controversial episode...

• Brohoof 1

And we also have synopses for Filli Vanilli and Twilight Time.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/01/the-hub-february-highlights-simple-ways.html#more

February 15 – “Filli Vanilli”: When a member of the singing group, the Ponytones, has to drop out of an important performance, Fluttershy takes drastic measures to ensure that the show goes on.

February 22 – “Twilight Time”: The Cutie Mark Crusaders are thrilled when Twilight offers to help them with their studies. However, problems arise when the girls realize they can use their relationship with Twilight to increase their popularity.

So we're getting plenty of Fluttershy, Twilight, and the CMC soon. Both episode sound good to me, but it's Simple Ways that I'm really looking forward to. :)

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 2

Well Simple Ways will be interesting. Hopefully the romance won't come off as awkward like with Flash Sentry. Also there will probably be some butthurt sparity shippers complaining. I still find it funny that that episode is colsest to Valentine's day was that intentional? 

Fill Vanilli seems like a cool episode. I hope they parody pop music and the screaming fans of them. Also I predict that might Fluttershy's key episode.

I predict in Twilight Time the cmc will use Twilight's princess status to gain popularity. Hey cmc like you'll get popular from the princess who can't even get a taxi.

• Brohoof 2

Ah, new synopses... Let's see what we have here...

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/01/the-hub-february-highlights-simple-ways.html

Wait...

Simple Ways synopsis...

February 8 – “Simple Ways”: Rarity has a crush on travel writer, Trenderhoof,

and plans to wow him with her ideas for the upcoming Ponyville Days Festival.

But Trenderhoof soon has a crush of his own, and Rarity finds herself competing

with Applejack for his attention.

:blink:

This might become one controversial episode...

Hm, so it is about crushes then... :huh:

Is it too much to hope for a cat fight? :blush::wacko:^_^

And we also have synopses for Filli Vanilli and Twilight Time.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/01/the-hub-february-highlights-simple-ways.html#more

February 15 – “Filli Vanilli”: When a member of the singing group, the Ponytones, has to drop out of an important performance, Fluttershy takes drastic measures to ensure that the show goes on.

February 22 – “Twilight Time”: The Cutie Mark Crusaders are thrilled when Twilight offers to help them with their studies. However, problems arise when the girls realize they can use their relationship with Twilight to increase their popularity.

So we're getting plenty of Fluttershy, Twilight, and the CMC soon. Both episode sound good to me, but it's Simple Ways that I'm really looking forward to. :)

Can't wait to see those either, so many great episode ideas for this season. I wonder why Fluttershy's the one who has to take drastic measures there, maybe she's a huge Ponytones fan and thinks she can sing all their songs with them? Who knows. The Cutie Mark Crusaders spending more time with Twilight seems great too, since they seem to look up to her a lot and haven't spent any time with her as a princess yet. :)
  • Brohoof 2

Well Simple Ways will be interesting. Hopefully the romance won't come off as awkward like with Flash Sentry. Also there will probably be some butthurt sparity shippers complaining. I still find it funny that that episode is colsest to Valentine's day was that intentional? 

Fill Vanilli seems like a cool episode. I hope they parody pop music and the screaming fans of them. Also I predict that might Fluttershy's key episode.

I predict in Twilight Time the cmc will use Twilight's princess status to gain popularity. Hey cmc like you'll get popular from the princess who can't even get a taxi.

Filli Vanilli is indeed on schedule to be a key episode, going by the every-other-episode pattern we've seen thus far. I'm kind of having a hard time picturing how Fluttershy will end up being the one who needs to fill in for a pop singer, though... shall be interesting.

And Twilight Time sounds great. Hopefully we'll finally get some idea of what being a princess means for her, since so far she hasn't had any royal duties or respect from the public, aside from that ceremony thing at the end of the opener. And a good lesson for kids, not to take advantage of your friends if they become rich/famous/powerful.

• Brohoof 2

Filli Vanilli is indeed on schedule to be a key episode, going by the every-other-episode pattern we've seen thus far. I'm kind of having a hard time picturing how Fluttershy will end up being the one who needs to fill in for a pop singer, though... shall be interesting.

Judging from the Milli Vanilli title, I think I can predict exactly what the conflict will be: The singer will lose their voice, and Fluttershy, in a well-meaning but misguided attempt at kindness, will get the singer to lipsync so they can still perform. Of course this will land her and/or the singer in hot water once things go wrong.

• Brohoof 1

I suspect that the Simple Ways episode will possess an aesop along the lines of; "You shouldn't try to befriend someone if you can't still be yourself while your at it" or something like that, if so, I suspect the episode will end with Rarity failing to get Tenderhoof's attention only to later take comfort in the fact she has friends that appreciate her for who she is.

But I will admit, I am hoping this will end with Spike getting at least a little bit closer to hooking up with Rarity, or at very least explain why she hasn't pursued a relationship with him, after all, she already knows Spike's feelings for her.

And I am looking forward to Filli Vanilli, it's clear to me that this episode will to do more to explore parts of Fluttershy we've never seen

before (seriously, did anyone here have any guesses to her favorite music before hearing about this episode?), another thing to note is that Fluttershy, I think, is second only to Scootaloo in having the least amount of known backstory out of all the main characters, so I hope we learn more about Fluttershy's backstory in this episode.

With Twilight Time, well, part of me really hates to say this, but I do hope it will clarify certain things about Twilight's status that haven't been explained yet, it does make me wonder though if the episode will end with some change in the status quo, and if not, how the said status quo will be restored at the end.

Though I think it's obvious that Diamond Tiara is gonna find some way to mock the CMC for getting popularity from their relationship with Twilight, though It makes me curious as to how she's gonna pull it off with that scenario...

• Brohoof 3

Damn it, Rarity, you belong to Thunderlane.  Stop fighting it!

my_second_vector_art__thunderlane_by_mlp

New image from Three's a Crowd:

Twilight_excited_promotional_S4E11.png

I'm definitely going make a PMV of the Three's a Company theme song with this episode.

Come and knock on our door...

Edited by Forlong

Ponyvilles getting invaded by aliens. When you see a single circular ufo, it's usually a recon unit before the first wave actually shows up to invade and eventually enslave all of ponykind.

Disclaimer: That's just what I think may happen and I could be completely wrong.

Hey there MlpLover1, just letting you know that I merged your thread about a season 4 episode clip with the masterthread we already have for season 4 previews. Thanks for your understanding. :)

Also, another clip for Three's a Crowd was released today:

Lookes like Discord's got the blues. :comeatus:

• Brohoof 1

Discord's arrangements. Twilight and Candance will have to wear some kind of cute maid outfit, Gummy is brought along, and they have to call Discord, master.

He is my Discord. Coming Soon to HUB in Summer.

I look forward to seeing how they explain how a creature that can warp reality, can get sick, this upcoming episode xP Maybe there's a special magical sickness or something.

I wonder where Fluttershy is, giving her relationship with Discord her absence might play a part in Discord's behaviour

I got the impression from eps 1&2 that the Fluttershy/Discord relationship is there, but is taking a backseat to the Twilight/Discord frenemy relationship. Discord seems to have this fascination with Twilight that only increased with her becoming a princess.

Discord as Hunter S. Thompson > The Big Lebowski reference.

Want to tell others how the show shoe-horns in subversive stuff for the older crowd? This is now your go-to.

He's even got a "cigarette" in his mouth. ;)