Dubstep  

120 users have voted

1. 1. Who Likes it?

• Greatest Music Ever
    • Really good music.
    • Not bad, but not my favorite
    • Not Terrible, but not my thing.
    • Just dont like it.

I love dubstep, from all the electronic genres there are it's one of my favorites, asides from House.
I love it because of the flow of the music, i prefer chill dubstep instead of the bass-drops ones, these aren't bad, but i find the chill ones better.
The mentalist is a good example to show what i like:

• Brohoof 1

I definitely don't mind dubstep.  It's something that I don't often listen to but I can certainly enjoy it when in the proper mood! :D It always gets me in such an epic mood.  It's one of the genres I do need to be in the mood for, though.

...In fact, I'm going to listen to some right now!

Dubstep rocks! Although, like pretty much most of the dubstep fans I mainly listen to Skrillex only. I need to find a way to diversify my dubstep tastes here and there.

I hate it, it's physically painful for me to listen to. It sounds like the sound file to a hip-hop song got corrupted into a horrible, skipping, and distorted mess. 

When it comes to more "electronic" music, I like stuff like this:

And this one is kind of a guilty pleasure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zuviud2HHQ 

I don't listen to it for fun, but I don't hate it. I'm more of a classic rock/metal kind of person. I just wish more MLP fan music was in the genres I like. (Its partially why I barely ever listen to Brony music.)

I listen to Dubstep quite often and I love it. I was raised in a Sci-Fi environment. My dad loves Sci-Fi movies such as Star Trek, Star Wars, Stargate, etc. Seeing as Dubstep has a rather Sci-Fi feel to it, it's a main reason for me.

Another reason is that I like anything that gets me moving. Anything with a strong beat, a good synth. I don't listen to it because it's mainstream. I listen to it because I want to.

I also really like remixed voices and such. My favorite artists are Deadmau5, Skrillex, The Glitch Mob, Nero, and Bassnectar.

I used to hate Dubstep, that was when all I knew of was Skrillex and company, however, I was playing Minecraft one day and I turned on some pony Dubstep for fun. Now I'm hooked.

It keeps me motivated and happy when I play a game, makes me more efficient. That's why I like it.

I like dubstep (though not deadmau5) and I think people hate it too much. All music is creative in its own way, and the fact that dubstep is so expressive is impressive alone. To degrade another who has done only as equal as the next person is hypocrisy, the same goes with music genres. To the people who say they don't like dubstep because there's no effort put into it, tell me this: if a person put their best effort into making a good first impression at getting a job and failed miserably while you were their boss, would you hire them?

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT WHEN WILL PEOPLE LEARN THAT DEADMAU5 IS NOT DUBSTEP FFS

HE SOUNDS NOTHING LIKE DUBSTEP AND PEOPLE STILL MISTAKE HIM FOR IT FFS

• Brohoof 1

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT WHEN WILL PEOPLE LEARN THAT DEADMAU5 IS NOT DUBSTEP FFS

HE SOUNDS NOTHING LIKE DUBSTEP AND PEOPLE STILL MISTAKE HIM FOR IT FFS

I know he's not dubstep, but like you said people seem to mistake him for it. In fact they mistake my interest in dubstep for liking his music.

I know he's not dubstep, but like you said people seem to mistake him for it. In fact they mistake my interest in dubstep for liking his music.

Sorry about that, I am just very bothered of people mistaking him, or any other kind of electronic music for dubstep.

Guy #1: ''Hey listen to this cool house beat''

Guy #2: ''ERMAGHERD DERBSTEP SO COOL''

Don't get me wrong I'm a huge trance fan. I'm generally open to practically every genre. I even listen to country (which I use to despise) on occasion. Dubstep though? I can't listen to it. I have tried countless times. 

Depending on what Dubstep is, yes, I do like it. A lot. I like a particular song called Daybreak Hero 3 Edit by Overwerk. [linky] (Comments could be bad, JSYK.)

I also like most of the songs in his Nth Degree album.

Edited by MatrixChicken

I know I've posted about this before, but it's relevant here.

Just like all genres, there are good artists and bad. I've never gotten into electronic music of any type as of yet, so I have a reserved opinion of it. Until I have a chance to look farther into it, I won't say it is good or bad, just another form of expression that I've yet to experience.

Dubstep? Fuck yeah.

Brostep? Fuck no.

Lemme give ya kiddies a lesson! 

MMMAAANNNYYYY moons ago, like, before Skrillex was Skrillex and was still in that gay Angst "metal (Not really metal)" band moons ago (So long ago, right!) There was dubstep, but wait, if there wasn't any Skrillex making WAB WAB then how'd there be dubstep? You see, reggae has that other name "dub" and so, some dude was like, "Whoa, what if we made music that had elements from reggae and we just... Made it dancer? Yeah!" So then dubSTEP, a genre for reggae music with an electric shock to it in a (usually) 140 BPM. This was in like, what, 2003, 2004? A time where EDM was very low in popularity, and no drops or anything existed. Shortly after, dubstep started going through this experiential phase, flutes, drums, wubs, everything. Then this dude Rusko thought, "Yo we should like, drop something, like the bass!" There is your drops, then you get Skrill, after leaving his stupid band and started going, "YO L33t HAX LEMME DROP DIS 4 U FAGS LAWL" And released something on Bandcamp or w/e. This is the mainstream popularity of Dubstep, which was horrifically defaced from it's original roots, like Skream. Hence the BROstep (Americanized dubstep of which is popular) Now, don't get me wrong, I like wubs and drops in dubstep, Like Pegboard Nerds, Knife Party and the ilk, that could still be considered dubstep as there is still some musical structure of which  some thought process is shown, but Skrillex, (The new) Rusko, etc. is just shit, drops can be very effective if the other parts of the song are good, but if you've got drops that are just loud and meant to sound "brutal" with an excuse of a buildup for 2 minutes just to drop it horribly, is shit. Not to mention how pathetic it sounds, but when you've got songs that have great melodies and drum patterns, then drop it very intellectually (See IDM dubstep) it's quite an amazing experience, however you can NEVER go wrong with Skream, the amazing beast that set the standard for the OG dubstep:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v-GFK9EykI

• Brohoof 2

It'd be obvious that I like dubstep.

I like almost any EDM/electro sub-genre.

Except for techno, and drum n bass.

Trance, Dutch House, Dubstep, and other sub-genres I like alot.

Anything outside of EDM/electro, Rap and Hip Hop

And no, just because I like dubstep does not mean Im that person with a subwoofer on 100000% volume

Dubstep? Fuck yeah.

Brostep? Fuck no.

Lemme give ya kiddies a lesson! 

MMMAAANNNYYYY moons ago, like, before Skrillex was Skrillex and was still in that gay Angst "metal (Not really metal)" band moons ago (So long ago, right!) There was dubstep, but wait, if there wasn't any Skrillex making WAB WAB then how'd there be dubstep? You see, reggae has that other name "dub" and so, some dude was like, "Whoa, what if we made music that had elements from reggae and we just... Made it dancer? Yeah!" So then dubSTEP, a genre for reggae music with an electric shock to it in a (usually) 140 BPM. This was in like, what, 2003, 2004? A time where EDM was very low in popularity, and no drops or anything existed. Shortly after, dubstep started going through this experiential phase, flutes, drums, wubs, everything. Then this dude Rusko thought, "Yo we should like, drop something, like the bass!" There is your drops, then you get Skrill, after leaving his stupid band and started going, "YO L33t HAX LEMME DROP DIS 4 U FAGS LAWL" And released something on Bandcamp or w/e. This is the mainstream popularity of Dubstep, which was horrifically defaced from it's original roots, like Skream. Hence the BROstep (Americanized dubstep of which is popular) Now, don't get me wrong, I like wubs and drops in dubstep, Like Pegboard Nerds, Knife Party and the ilk, that could still be considered dubstep as there is still some musical structure of which  some thought process is shown, but Skrillex, (The new) Rusko, etc. is just shit, drops can be very effective if the other parts of the song are good, but if you've got drops that are just loud and meant to sound "brutal" with an excuse of a buildup for 2 minutes just to drop it horribly, is shit. Not to mention how pathetic it sounds, but when you've got songs that have great melodies and drum patterns, then drop it very intellectually (See IDM dubstep) it's quite an amazing experience, however you can NEVER go wrong with Skream, the amazing beast that set the standard for the OG dubstep:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v-GFK9EykI

Haha, I love it how like 99.9% of dubstep fans hate brostep.

Even I do.

"In the real world, brostep does not exist, but sadly these idiots in this world do." - UrbanDictionary

And I kinda agree with that joke or whatever they wanted to make it at urban dictonary. Because i've never heard of it until I heard about skrillex. And yes, I know skrillex is not dubstep. Hes brostep.

It'd be obvious that I like dubstep.

I like almost any EDM/electro sub-genre.

Except for techno, and drum n bass.

Trance, Dutch House, Dubstep, and other sub-genres I like alot.

Anything outside of EDM/electro, Rap and Hip Hop

And no, just because I like dubstep does not mean Im that person with a subwoofer on 100000% volume

Haha, I love it how like 99.9% of dubstep fans hate brostep.

Even I do.

"In the real world, brostep does not exist, but sadly these idiots in this world do." - UrbanDictionary

And I kinda agree with that joke or whatever they wanted to make it at urban dictonary. Because i've never heard of it until I heard about skrillex. And yes, I know skrillex is not dubstep. Hes brostep.

To be completely honest, if you've got people thinking deadmau5 is dubstep, then you've got that many people, plus countless others thinking Skrillex is dubstep. I just wanted to open their eyes and give them a bit about the history of dubstep. (Also, why the hell don't you like DnB and Techno? They're amazing genres! At least like Liquid DnB :3)

To be completely honest, if you've got people thinking deadmau5 is dubstep, then you've got that many people, plus countless others thinking Skrillex is dubstep. I just wanted to open their eyes and give them a bit about the history of dubstep. (Also, why the hell don't you like DnB and Techno? They're amazing genres! At least like Liquid DnB :3)

Even Drumstep (DnB + Dubstep), i dont like.

I dont like DnB for a reason, most sound similar to other ones + it isnt what i thought it would be like.

Same as techno, I thoought last friday, hm let me listen to it, if someponies in my school like it, let me listen to it. I listened to it, here was me after.

Wtf was that? =S And yet this is more popular than dubstep and trance and hip hop.

Well everypony is different I guess, so Im the type of person that doesnt like techno nor dnb ;P