Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pick 6 Ponies to Save the World With! (READ 1st post for rules)

TailsIsNotAlone

The real world, Equestria, or both are in danger. You must lead a rag-tag group of FIVE ponies on an RPG-like quest to save the day. Here are the rules!

You may pick:

1. ONE of the Mane 6.

2. ONE side character or minor villain.

3. ONE of the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

4. ONE stallion.

5. ONE background pony.

6. ONE non-pony character (no major villains allowed).

I will brohoof anyone who also posts good reasons for each of their picks. Have at it my friends! B)

• Brohoof 10

Twilight Sparkle.

I mean, duh.  If I want to save the world who else would I bring?  Twilight's practically a goddess now, as if she wasn't already.  She's powerful.  She has magic and wings.  Shes smart and a good leader.

Princess Celestia.

I want to win, don't I?

Apple Bloom.

Sweetie Belle isn't brave enough, and I'm afraid Scootaloo would cause some problems.  And besides, Apple Bloom seems the most independent of the three, and she's Applejack's sister.  And if I didn't pick Twilight, I'd have picked Applejack.  Applejack is smart, practical and strong!  Her sister will do.

Shining Armor

I think he must be the most powerful stallion.  So...

Lyra

She has magic, and she's probably fun.  And she can provide entertainment!

Discord!  What?!  No?!  What's wrong with chu!  Spike

Well, Spike did save the Crystal Empire.  He gets points for that.  He's very able.

• Brohoof 6

1. ONE of the Mane 6: Twilight Sparkle, because every party needs an OP wizard.

2. ONE side character or minor villain: any changeling, because having the ability to exactly copy anyone is indispensable.

3. ONE of the Cutie Mark Crusaders: Scootaloo, because I think that she'd make a good rogue and would be ultimately more useful than the other three.

4. ONE stallion: Big Macintosh, because otherwise this party seriously lacks a physical tank.

5. ONE background pony: Snowflake (Roid Rage), because as much as I want to bring Octavia, we can desperately use a second tank.

6. ONE non-pony character (no major villains allowed): Spike, because he and Twilight work well together, and being able to IM anyone (or even just Princess Celestia if that's the case) is likely to save the party a thousand times over.

EDIT: Replacing Big Macintosh with Shining Armor because he'll work well with Twilight and is probably a better tank than Big Mac in the end.

Edited by Antismurf9001
  • Brohoof 3

1. Twilight Sparkle: Even before her alicorn transformation she was already the most powerful mane 6 character

2. Luna: Because she is just that awesome

3. Sweetie Belle: Because she is adorable, thats why

4. Shining Armor: His guard training has enhanced his strength beyond what unicorns can normally achieve without magic and he has powerful defensive spells.

5. Macho Pony: Yeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!

6. Iron Will: Minotaurs are as tough as nails and another tank sure wouldn't hurt.

• Brohoof 2

lets see

1. non alicorn twilight.- got to have my fravorite mane 6 on my team and she the most powerful unicorn

2. luna - casue she is my favorite and i would love to save the world with her

3. babs seed - she the cools new CMC member so i like to get to know her better since she hasnt got that much screen time yet

4. dr. whooves - im pretty sure his sonic screwdiver will help a lot  

5. vinyl scratch - she has an Over powered bass canon we are gonna need that i just know it 

6. Tank - cause he is as tough as a TANK

• Brohoof 1

1. RAINBOW DASH!! because of her speed, DUH. She could kill a million zombie ponies in ONE hour. Or..should i say 10. SECONDS. FLAT.

2. PINKIE PIE. she will knock out zombie ponies with her EPIC FUCKING PARTY CANNON!

3. SWEETIE BELL. she will turn into SWEETIE BOT AND DESTROY ALL OF THE THINGS THAT WILL GET IN THE TEAM'S WAY.

4. BIG MACINTOSH-he will knock all the motherfuckingbuckers.

5. VINYL SCRATCH-he will get his bass cannon and shoot it at the enemiesssssssssssssssssssss

6. THE TIMBERWOLVES-THEY WILL CHASE ALL OF THE ENEMIES

Would depend on the kind of quest and the locations we'd need to visit. But here's what I consider the most "all-around" team.

1- Pinkie Pie

Do I really have to explain this one

...fine.

She can fly without wings, she takes little time to reach faraway places, she can figure out everything by putting 2 and 2 and 2 and 2 together. She knows places and things no one else, not even Twi, does.

Furthermore, she'd keep everyone in a good mood - remember, morale is as crucial on long journeys as physical health or skill.

2- Trixie

She's learned a lot since she was saved from the alicorn charm's protection.

Besides, even though she may not be as powerful at magic as she'd like to claim, she has the awesome ability of illusion and deceit. And guess what's the best way to get rid of enemies without having to deal with them? DISTRACTION. She can cast dummies of the group members, for example, so their foes follow the fakes and the real ones can pass through.

3- Scootaloo

She's actually grown from her experiences, especially after the little adventure she unwillingly had in the forest. With her little scooter, she can pull fairly heavy carts, and perform stunts making anyone else jealous.

4- Big Macintosh

He's strong, yet secretly childish enough to play with a doll (in the manliest possible manner of course). Also he's pretty imposing to anyone who's used to normal-sized ponies, stockier and bulkier than Celestia, which may prevent actual confrontations sometimes (goes together with Trixie's deceit).

5- Twilight Velvet (Sparkle's mum)

I've read somewhere that she likes to write. A bit of creativity would certainly come handy, especially considering writers also read a lot, which means knowledge non-readers may not have. Plus, her writing would allow countless others, pony or other, to live the group's adventure as if they had been part of it.

6- Spike

The most loyal assistant you might ever think of. He'd easily fit into tight spaces (in case Pinkie is elsewhere), he can burn obstacles and enemies. Despite his occasional immature or out-of-control moments, I believe he can also be really resourceful when he needs to.

And his teleporting fire breath would be a most efficient link with civilization, with personal judgment to boot.

I really wanted to include Zecora somewhere, but she's not really a background PONY and I really want them to have a means of communication in case something goes wrong.

• Brohoof 2

For the Mane 6 pony, I debated over Pinkie and Twilight, went with Twilight. Powerful with her magic, had the biggest hand in taking down those enormous powerful villains - great leadership skills and sense of judgement. Yeah, she's a must.

Went with Big Mac for the side character. Heaviest-built on the farm, works with apple bucking. He'd make for brilliant combat and a sturdy, resilient ally - plus, we know he's very smart from Applebuck Season.

Apple Bloom for the CMC. Again, displays leadership skills at a young age and is generally the most observant, so she could work alongside Twilight as our party's tactician. Also, she has craftsman skills, so she could work as our party's smith. 

Soarin' for the stallion. He'd be our party's comic relief as well as our speedster. Air agility and general air tactics will be essential, and the fact that he's a Wonderbolt shows that he's also a tactician and, more importantly, a team member.

Nurse Redheart for the background pony, and the reason should be clear. Our party definitely needs a medic. She'd provide swift and experienced first aid for when we need it.

The Cockatrice from Stare Master for our non-pony ally. Much like the assassin out of Borderlands 2, he would be of definite use, sneaking up on enemies and turning them to stone.

Edited by Flipturn
  • Brohoof 3

1. Twilight Sparkle, she's an alicorn, her magic skills are very powerful and she's really smart.
2. Princess Celestia, same reasons as Twilight. She's probably even more powerful
3. Apple Bloom, she seems like the most independent and mature one of the 3.
4. Shining Armor. As the captain of the Royal Guards, he must be a real leader. Also, he's able to use magic.
5. The muscled, white pony that appeared in Hurricane Fluttershy (does he actually have a name?), even though he doesn't seem too smart, he's incredibly strong
6. Zecora, she's able to create powerful, magical potions and is very wise

Edited by Pisonisy
  • Brohoof 1

Fluttershy-She will absolutely WRECK the enemy morale with her cuteness. Who would hurt Fluttershy?

Princess Celestia-She is just so powerful, maybe even omnipotent

Sweetie Belle-Same as Fluttershy

Big Mac-His strength will serve us well.

Cyclops-If you've seen season 1 you know what I'm talking about, he will instill confusion and disgust in our enemies.

Zecora-Her wisdom will serve our strategies

• Brohoof 3

1. Twilight as mage DPS,

2. Zecora as shaman healer,

3. Scootaloo as a rogue,

4. Big Mac as warrior offtank (Shining Armor is a noob paladin LOL)

5. Mister Filthy Rich to buy all of those awesome items

6. probably Chief Thunderhooves (tauren warrior haha) as main tank.

• Brohoof 1

1. ONE of the Mane 6.

Twilight Sparkle. Kind of a given...

2. ONE side character or minor villain.

Gilda. Griffons (at least in non-canon stuff) are pretty brutal, what with the claws and wings and beak. And plus, she's already a jerk.

3. ONE of the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

Sweetie Belle. Her lovely voice would keep morale up in tough situations.

4. ONE stallion.

Shining Armor. His defensive magic combined with his sister would be an unstoppable force.

5. ONE background pony.

Doctor Whooves, with the abilities and tech available to Doctor Who. The good Doctor can't lose.

6. ONE non-pony character (no major villains allowed).

Whoops, guess I should have thrown Gilda here...uhm, a changeling. No way that can go wrong, right?

• Brohoof 2

1. Rainbow dash. There's nothing like having a completely loyal friend at your side!

2. Luna. Duh. She's a powerful alicorn, and quite amusing.

3. Sweetie Belle. She's funny, and in an end-of-the-world situation, there's nothing like a good laugh :)

4. Shining Armor. He's fairly powerful, and probably highly trained in combat.

5. Derpy! Because, well, it's derpy.

6. A dragon. They're big, powerful, firebreathing, and scared of fluttershy. So why not?

• Brohoof 1

I omitted Alicorns because Alicorns are cheating.

1: Dashie :), because you have to have Dashie in order to save the world.

2: Does Spitfire count? I'm drafting Spitfire. She's an excellent flier, a voice of reason and she has plenty of leadership experience.

3: Scoots, either most athletic of the Crusaders or not far behind Apple Bloom. I figured her scootering could help somehow.

4: Shining Armor, superpowered magic, in excellent shape, royal authority, leadership experience.

5: The Doctor, he's a genius and he's already saved the world a million times.

6: The dragon from Dragonshy, because I can and so they can burn things :)

I pity anyone who goes up against them.

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 3

1. Rainbow Dash

2. Spitfire

3. Scootaloo

4. Shining Armor

5. Vinyl Scratch

6. Spike

Pretty much, that is my team to save Equestria and the world.

Lead by, yours truly.

Mane 6: Twilight Sparkle. Definitively the leader and a powerful magician.

Side character: Discord. I mean, people talked about Celestia being all-powerful but Discord is one heck of a powerful trickster, over-powered even.

Cutie Mark Crusader: Scootaloo is probably the most daring of the CMC. She will bring speed to this team.

Stallion: Shining Armor. Let's face it, he has to be a great tacticing, having to train the soldiers of Equestria. His pairing with Twilight makes both of them even better.

Background Pony: Doctor Whooves. Because let's face it, he is the only background pony who has fought supernatural forces in his life. His wit will be used at an advantage for the team.

Other character: Iron Will: The powerhouse and tank of the team, he will decimate entire batallions at once.

• Brohoof 1

I see some people picking major villains or alicorns. Naughty naughty! Sure, I never said no alicorns, but that's cheating. ;)

1. Pinkie Pie. Nopony else can do all the things she can. Pinkie can bend all laws of physics, has Pinkie sense and surprising strength, can hide anywhere and sneak up on enemies, produce food from nowhere and last but not least she'll keep everyone smiling. :)

2. Trixie Lulamoon. A risky choice. She's not a team player, trouble follows her everywhere and she's not even a great magician. But I think some training from Zecora, our secret ally and coach, could do her wonders. With some guidance and focus, Trixie could be an effective fighter and a constant distraction for our foes.

3. Apple Bloom. Out of all the CMC she's the most mature and independent, plus she causes the least trouble by herself. And once her talent for construction (rather than destruction) is fully realized, she can be a real help to the team.

4. Braeburn. This was hard to choose. Shining is a good mage and smart, but he's one unicorn too many and he would want to lead the team. Mac is the strongest but he lacks personality. So I picked Braeburn. He's a relative of Apple Bloom so he can keep an eye on her. He can fight and everypony loves him. He'd be a voice of reason and a stabilizing force on the team.

5. Lyra. How could I not pick the Minty One? xD  Her musical talent, intelligence, curiosity about other places and species, and good nature will give us motivation and enthusiasm.

6. Gilda. Someone on the team has to be able to fly and scout new territory from above. She would be too busy keeping Trixie in her place to be a jerk to the rest of us. Plus she's powerful, fast, and a natural fighter. If we ever need to escape from somewhere, Gilda is strong enough to lift both Trixie and Lyra. Who can use their magic to levitate Braeburn and I. And Pinkie can just use one of her flying machines. :lol:

• Brohoof 2

1. Rainbow Dash: She's probably the bravest, strongest all-round, fastest poony out of the mane six, not to mention she's a black belt in martial arts and she can fly

2. Princess Celestia: She's the elder sister, goddess of the sun. Why wouldn't you need her?

3. Scootaloo: She has some pretty good skills on her scooter, that could be some agility advantage at least. Plus Scootalove <3

4. Shining Armor: The leader of the Royal Guards, husband of Princess Cadence and big brother to Princess Twilight...yeah I think that's more that enough reason to give.

5. Vinyl Scratch: BASS CANNON!!

6. Cockatrice: If you don't know what a Cockatrice is, it's basically a two-legged dragon with the head of a rooster/chicken and when it stares at you, you turn into stone. Try taming this thing and then you'll have an un-defeatable team 

• Brohoof 2

I think everyone is forgetting that you are the LEADER of this group of ponies.  I have the feeling that most people in these groups will be 5th banana with Twilight or RD running the show and the other powerful characters causing trouble as well. 

My team would be:

Fluttershy:  Why charge through a problem when you can reason with the problem.  If you want a non-fatal solution, she is a good choice.  Not only can fluttershy stare out an enemy, but she can turn a dangerous forest into a source of allies.  Plus she is not going to be vying for leadership of the group.  She also is the only character with enough general anatomy knowledge that she could fix me up if I get damaged.

Zecora: Potions, languages, all around good advice, and a more broad world-view of things than the other ponies would provide.

Sweetie Belle: I am looking for a team and of the three, she is the most a team player and her singing will be able to rally the group. 

Shining Armor:  He gives more defensive abilities with his shield and he is good in a fight.  Plus he is good as a secondary leader and military tactician without trying to take over the show.  And if it is in a low magic world, unlike other unicorns, he is still an asset.

Cloudchaser: We need a second pegasus on the team, and she would provide enough snark to get us past the hard times.  She will stop me from doing stupid things while still remaining loyal to the group.

Spike: Being around Twilight has given him quite a lot of oddball knowledge that could come in useful, and you couldnt have a more loyal non-pony.  Also small enough to sneak into places the rest of us can't and is immune to some things the rest of the party would succumb to.

Edited by silvadel
  • Brohoof 1

Rarity- I can't not take her, and besides, she can fight. ;)

Spike- (the non-pony character)He could, like, brave volcanoes and stuff and not get hurt! And having Rarity around would definitely boost his morale.

Sweetie Belle- the party bard, plus she could sing traveling songs.

Big Macintosh- super strong, would destroy everything.

Derpy- need at least one pegasus, plus she is pretty cool...

Trixie- dunno why, just because, every RPG party needs at least one unlikable character after all. :P

1. Twilight. I mean, she's an Alicorn, she can fly, and she's really good at magic

2. Discord, now that he's good he could wreak havoc on whatever enemy is destroying the world

3. Sweetie Belle, because hey she's a Unicorn. Her magic might come in handy.

4. Big Mac, he's strong, and could probably beat an enemy in a hoof fight

5. Vinyl, because her music skills could serve as good music for the battle, and get all the ponies pumped up to save the world

6. Zecorah, (She's not a pony, right?) because her spells could definitely have some impact

• Brohoof 2

1. Twilight Sparkle- her magical powers would make her most useful, by far.

2. Luna- she's practically a god. We have this in the bag. B)

3. Scootaloo- singing and farming wouldn't really be useful.

4. Wow, there's so many choices! :mellow:  I'll go with Big Mac. His brute strength could come in handy.

5. Berry Punch- She could handle the after-party when we're done saving the world.

6. Changeling #3 from the season 2 finale. His shape-shifting powers would be very useful, and he is the best character in the whole series, in my opinion. We really need a changeling emoticon. :(

Edited by MelancholicMemory
  • Brohoof 2

1. Rainbow Dash......obviously

2. Luna because too many prettie for words.

3. Scootaloo is fun just like rainbow dash (I think you can tell that I like rainbow dash by now)

4. Soarin. Awesome speed like rainbow dash

5. Dj Pon3/Vinyl Scratch. She can drop the bass and she has a freaking BASS CANNON

6. Discord Is an obvious choice and since he isn't a major villain anymore....... If he doesn't count then probably a dragon

I have two speed based, two magicians, a tank, and a possible rouge (Scootaloo)

• Brohoof 1

Fluttershy: The power of love and cuteness surpass everything!

Discord: Now he can be called a minor “villain”.A great partner for Fluttershy after “keep calm and flutter on” episode. He is very powerful and they can make great things together mixing his magic and her element of harmony.

Sweetie Belle: Another pony full of cuteness has to be in this team, and that one is Sweetie Belle.

Big Macintosh: He looks strong enough to save the world.

Derpy: She rocks!

Gilda: I don’t know why I put her in the team, I don’t even like her, but she is tough, she could be useful.

Edited by The Twilight Zone
  • Brohoof 1