Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if life was a musical?

hellocat

(edited)

Today, when I was with a few friends, one of them started making out with his girlfriend.  In order to drown them out, I sung a little tune.  It was about Fourier transforms; I was doing homework.  I pretty much narrated my thought process, and continued to sing.  "What if life were a musical? What if life was so grand? Everyone would be jolly, even in the northern east.  What if life were a musical? What if things were like this? I would say hi to everyone, whether I know them sing hello." The song continued a long time, everything I spoke, was sung to a little tune, high and low, something new each time.

So I ask you all, my dear pony loving friends, if life were a musical, what would you do?

(For all of those who are out there cringing at the structure of my sentences, it's because it was written to a tune I was making up. Please excuse me this time :P)

Edited by kotakotakota

I would probably suddenly hate songs and prefer stale speech over it.

In other words, nothing changes.

Music and normal speech just take the other's place.

It would be a bit dull from where I'm sitting right now.

(edited)

I think we can all agree that presidential debates would be much more interesting.

I sometimes try to use excerpts from Broadway songs in conversation, and it always feels awesome.  My personal favorite:

"You're in a rather good mood today."

"Tis your delight, sir, catching fire from one man to the next!"

"Tis true, sir, love can still inspire the blood to pound, the heart leap higher!  What more..."

(This led to my brother and I singing the entire exchange.  In an ice cream shop.)

Edited by Pony Joe
  • Brohoof 5

Just gonna leave this here for you guys. You guys all love NPH, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taSsN2BmfpY

And there couldn't be a thread more appropriate than this.

You, sir, win 23 Internets!

Having won 23 Internets, Addem Up is now the undisputed leader in Internet collecting.  His tally rivals even that of the famous Harvan, who has been left with writing fake spoilers for the sake of meeting the 100-character quota.

If life were a musical...that'd be really awesome. If I could sing at all, that is.

One thing that would be really weird is songs with an ensemble singing in them. Suddenly random people off the street start singing and harmonizing with you and dancing in time with each other. I dunno, that'd kinda throw me off.

And how do you know who's the star of the musical? Do we all star in our own musical? How would all of our musicals weave through each other? Would we all be ensemble for other people? How many others would we be ensemble for?

I have to blame south park as to why I can't really see the world being a musical... That would be horrific. However it would actually be interesting, but I swear if there's singing and dancing while I'm trying to sleep. I'll end up killing someone.

I have to blame south park as to why I can't really see the world being a musical... That would be horrific. However it would actually be interesting, but I swear if there's singing and dancing while I'm trying to sleep. I'll end up killing someone.

Well... People in my dorm suite play Rock Band while I'm trying to sleep... So I think I can relate to that... But I also consider musicals to be a little nicer on the ears :P

Well, I was trying to make a more realistic version of High School Musical, but I never really got past my first song about having to go to the bathroom. Maybe I'll give it another shot someday.

As long as it wasn't like High School Musical. I think it would be fun at times, but then at other times, I think it would be annoying as hell.

If life was a musical, there's no way I would have made it this far.

I'd have lay under a truck several times by now. Just to make sure.

(edited)

As long as it wasn't like High School Musical. I think it would be fun at times, but then at other times, I think it would be annoying as hell.

I can just picture every tone-deaf friend I have singing.

Ah, the beauty of it.

Well, to make things a bit more bleak(this thread is too gleeful, no pun intended), we would still be singing about our opinions and we'd still be arguing about it in song.

On top of that, murderers would sing as they torment their victims.

Soldiers would sing as they filled their targets with bullets.

Meat farmers would *i** defective animals in song.

Sorry about the brutal picture.

I don't really enjoy playing the downer. (this is an outright lie)

However, I never saw the purpose of only applauding the positive ends without taking the negatives.

hmm it would be a very interesting world 

i wouldnt like it cause i'm kind of tone deaf so talk to other or should i say sing to other would end very bad result i think

This is the single most simplistic summary of what I'm saying.

It is, indeed, a very interesting concept.

Edited by Sunset Spark

My life would not be any more joyful than it already is, because all the best parts and all the worst parts would be emphasized through song and dance.

Still, I'd love the extra colour; it would add alot to the fact that the majority of days in winter are just overcast and somewhat dreary.

Agreed infinity there!!!

If life was a musical I think I'd make old people's ears bleed.  I am a TERRIBLE singer.  After 3 years of concerts in school as a child, I was no longer allowed to sing with the other kids and that was in 2nd grade.  I went to one school where it is required that if a student is in band they are also to be in choir.  Needless to say, I was the only student who did not need to follow that, since I got kicked out after one month because of my singing and not my behavior.  I don't think I am that bad, but apparently others think I am horrendous.....

This reminds me of that Buffy the Vampire Slayer episode "Once More, With Feeling." I loved that episode. I think it would be cool for a day but after that it would get pretty old pretty fast.

As long as it's not high school musical, then I won't complain. But if the singing is nonstop even when I'm sleeping, then I'll try to find the mute button to make it stop. :P

For awhile it would be cool because we could all break out into a song and be good at singing and amazing....but then it would get REAL annoying. Like..you could sing about anything, like...buttering toast...it would get very annoying after awhile!

It would be cool at first I guess, but to be honest after a while it may get a little old. It would be cool to have people break into song(Trust me I love music :D) but i think after a while it would be pretty boring and stuff. You'd just wanna be like STOP SINGING>>.>

So as much as I love music I wouldn't want it to be a musical all the time, however I wouldn't mind breaking into random song somewhere sometime :D.

Gosh. Goodness. Oh my. My oh my.

Yeah that would be fun... for like 5-10 minutes, but then it's all "Goinggg to go check the the mail now, oh yeah."

I couldn't handle that...  :angry:

There would be a new genre of movies called a "Spesical" where people speak through 7/8 of the movie and 1/8 sing. In a nutshell, what today's movies should be.