Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

how do i convince my parents to get me a brony shirt?

Unique Pinkie Pie

(edited)

right so i really want a brony shirt

and i had already asked my parents for one but they instantly said no

but also i haven't shown them the shirt yet

so please i need advice on how do i convince my parents to get one?

please.

here is the shirt: http://www.redbubble.com/people/professorbasil/works/8316196-simply-dash?body_color=creme&p=t-shirt&print_location=front&style=mens

and here is the image:

fc,550x550,creme.jpg

Edited by The brony master
  • Brohoof 1

First show it to them....

Then if they say no, ask for an explanation.  If it has anything to do with the whole stereotyping (boys can't watch girl shows) then do what you can to earn the shirt yourself (if you have a job or something).  Can't really get parents over to a younger person's way of thinking easily, especially if they are traditionalist parents..

If all else fails (or you don't have a job), just bother them....sadly that's the best thing I can personally come up with.  Or bring them over to the dark side (cookies included) by having them watch a bit (if they are willing)....

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

First show it to them....

Then if they say no, ask for an explanation.  If it has anything to do with the whole stereotyping (boys can't watch girl shows) then do what you can to earn the shirt yourself (if you have a job or something).  Can't really get parents over to a younger person's way of thinking easily, especially if they are traditionalist parents..

If all else fails (or you don't have a job), just bother them....sadly that's the best thing I can personally come up with.  Or bring them over to the dark side (cookies included) by having them watch a bit (if they are willing)....

well you see they just hate the fact that i'm a brony

and they say i'd get bullied for liking it 

and because i asked for the shirt they imeadatly reject it as if the show is just a pass time 

(edited)

Traditional parents can be a nightmare for those venturing into unknown territory for them.  <_<

It's pretty annoying to see.  I'd had to deal with foster parents who hated the fact I like monster trucks and boys clothes and I never could win those people over in any way (I never wore the girly clothes they got me and burned the barbie dolls, yes I burned them and got into huge trouble for  it, but still have no regrets)..

I agree with me too then...try to get it for yourself.  And if you are able to get it, I'd keep a close eye on it.  I don't know your parents but if they really don't like it, they may try to take it away from you (i've seen that happen)....

Plus after a few weeks of MLP consuming your mind, they may just cave in because you'll be annoying ^_^

By the way, that is a one cool looking Dash shirt.

Edited by Treble Bolt
  • Brohoof 3

Why not just get it yourself?  if it is in retail just go get it, if it is online go order it..   If anything  go one of those costum places and make one

(edited)

Why not just get it yourself?  if it is in retail just go get it, if it is online go order it..   If anything  go one of those costum places and make one

i would but i don't exactly own a bank account 

and i cant make one i'd need to convince them not to throw it away and than i would be back to square one

(edited)

I can tell you how i did it.. I just said, "i need to buy some pony t-shirts", then i went looking for few, was going to buy a Derpy one, luna and another Derpy one, could not buy them from welovefine because it was more expensive to ship it, so i went too redbubble.. I had to try it first, just too see whether it would even come too my country.. So i just bought one shirt.. It is this one: link. Then i just said, "can i use your paypal account".. They said, "yes".. I then finished it and now i am waiting for my first pony t-shirt. I will then just pay them for the shirt when it arrives.. Easy. I'm now currently waiting for it, look forward wearing it.

This would be a nice looking shirt btw..

You could try asking a friend of yours to buy it for you.. I honestly have no idea how you could convince them to allow you to buy the shirt, you should show them the shirt.. Tell them that it would make you 20% cooler.. If that doesn't work out, then i don't know. This t-shirt reminded me of this:

It was a remix competiton, the competition was to make it sound ok.. It is really funny, you should listen to the original, here it is:

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

here's what I did when I was a young lad, I just bought things myself. I had a job, saved money and generally didn't care what my parents said, and still don't, but I'm grown up now.

their ain't alot of jobs for a lad of my age in britain

all their is are

• paper round
  • ice cream store assistant      

and both don't pay much either

and i'm not willing to walk in the rain for £5 a month 

(edited)

Oh I feel for ya, well if you can't get ya perents to get it, is there somepony you know who can get for you..

Or you can do odd jobs, mow, yard work ect..

Now keeping them from thowing it out, you on you own on that..

Edited by Jay

I walked in the rain, picking up trash at your age, for less, its all really what you are willing to do and how far you will go.

My parent's were nice enough to get me those jobs, they weren't gonna buy the stupid shit I wanted, and I learned the true value of a dollar.

that is not cool (the jobs sound a bit lame too)....why do people have to make life so difficult.... :angry:

and your birthday is far enough away to where it won't much matter then... :unsure:

I walked in the rain, picking up trash at your age, for less, its all really what you are willing to do and how far you will go.

My parent's were nice enough to get me those jobs, they weren't gonna buy the stupid shit I wanted, and I learned the true value of a dollar.

unless you live in town where their is

• arsonists
  • druggies
  • lots and lots of trash
  • murderers (lots)

i wouldn't go out their for even £10

The dollar has no value. The true value here would be learning during the course of earning what it is you desire. The true value here would be the hearts desire of the brony shirt. Not the money to get it. For after having the shirt, would the heart not be satisfied after the hard work it took to get it?

(edited)

that is not cool (the jobs sound a bit lame too)....why do people have to make life so difficult.... :angry:

and your birthday is far enough away to where it won't much matter then... :unsure:

really?! jeez this generation is selfish.

Jobs available to you "oh they're lame, I don't like them, I want things for nothing"

I mean what I did was gross at times but I took some measure of pride in being able to buy things for myself, and see what my work got me. I guess I am just crazy and should have tried to nag my parents more.

The money was a generic example I don't know what everyone wants

and dude I live in Toronto, there's lots of that here, like there is in any big city

besides, those things won't go away when you grow up, you can't rely on others forever

Edited by Pinkamena
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Jobs available to you "oh they're lame, I don't like them, I want things for nothing"

I mean what I did was gross at times but I took some measure of pride in being able to buy things for myself, and see what my work got me. I guess I am just crazy and should have tried to nag my parents more.

and dude I live in Toronto, there's lots of that here, like there is in any big city

besides, those things won't go away when you grow up, you can't rely on others forever

i don't rely on others

i think how to think for myself 

not just use others for instance

i used to £100 for my autism

than i broke my laptop (screen) on purpose because it kept turning off

i no longer get £100 

i now have to use my dinner money (when i do) to buy stuff i want because i dont get any money

Hey I am just being realistic here.  People do make life difficult. 

If you knew my life story, you wouldn't be so apt to say such things.  The brony master is not old enough to do consistent work (no offense 'bout you age). I am just being realistic.

• Brohoof 1

i would but i don't exactly own a bank account 

and i cant make one i'd need to convince them not to throw it away and than i would be back to square one

Could you not open one? I opened a young persons account when I was 14 so unless the banking system has changed you should be able to as well.

I too also think you should work to earn the money to get it yourself. Partially because its a great act of Independance but also because if your parents do make it 'disappear' you can actually and justifiably give them hell about stealing your property, and they won't be able to claim that because they got it you that it was a loan (I had my parents pull that one on me when I was younger).

can you reword that, I didn't exactly understand what you had said

(this 100 letter minimum is annoying, it doesn't take this much to tell someone to rephrase their answer)

i don't get my dinner at school

because i don't get any money at all anymore

so it would take around 3 years to make the amount i need

(i barley have dinner)

Hey I am just being realistic here.  People do make life difficult. 

If you knew my life story, you wouldn't be so apt to say such things.  The brony master is not old enough to do consistent work (no offense 'bout you age). I am just being realistic.

I probably would, actually.

Cause unless you escaped some war torn country and extreme poverty I probably know people with a worse life story, what if I had a worse off situation, you don't know.

Life is difficult, anyone who tells you otherwise is a complete liar, but my real point was though you don't see it now, a job can be more useful then you might realize, money aside.

(edited)

Could you not open one? I opened a young persons account when I was 14 so unless the banking system has changed you should be able to as well.

I too also think you should work to earn the money to get it yourself. Partially because its a great act of Independance but also because if your parents do make it 'disappear' you can actually and justifiably give them hell about stealing your property, and they won't be able to claim that because they got it you that it was a loan (I had my parents pull that one on me when I was younger).

Most banks nowadays need your parents permission to open up an account.  I doubt his parents will consent to something like that if there is 'no reason to since you don't have a job' sort of mentality.

And with your second statement there, Totally agree.  But if it is pretty dangerous where you live, I'd just be careful.  There are many ways to make money other than a lemonade stand or newspaper route.  The ice cream assistant sound safer and more reliable for your age at this time.

Plus if you get a job like this, you'll have money for other shirts and basically whatever you want.  It's too early to think about college for your age. 

I probably would, actually.

Cause unless you escaped some war torn country and extreme poverty I probably know people with a worse life story, what if I had a worse off situation, you don't know.

Life is difficult, anyone who tells you otherwise is a complete liar, but my real point was though you don't see it now, a job can be more useful then you might realize, money aside.

I've been homeless for most of my life, so yeah, poverty is something I know well, and that's why money means very little to me.  It's the people that make money something and value and it's the people who make simple living and simple joys difficult to obtain. 

Edited by Treble Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Most banks nowadays need your parents permission to open up an account. I doubt his parents will consent to something like that if there is 'no reason to since you don't have a job' sort of mentality.

Hmm a fair point. I had no idea they made that change, that sucks.

If it were me I'd explain to my parents that I want to open an account ready for when I get a job... Then even if you don't get be you can still put whatever spare change away you can and I can't imagine a parent that wouldn't feel at least a little prod their child is making steps to grow up.

I'd avoid giving the real reason why you want to open the account of course.

unless you live in town where their is

• arsonists
  • druggies
  • lots and lots of trash
  • murderers (lots)
i wouldn't go out their for even £10
You're a Brit as well huh? Sounds like a crappy town... Actually sounds like mine :P

You could offer to do odd jobs around the house for extra pocket money (I'm assuming you get some), or offer to do work for neighbours and friends. I used to mow my neighbours lawn for a few pound etc.

I've been homeless for most of my life, so yeah, poverty is something I know well, and that's why money means very little to me.  It's the people that make money something and value and it's the people who make simple living and simple joys difficult to obtain. 

I know what you mean, I've also been homeless and it's funny how you learn to live without money.

Edited by Fridge
  • Brohoof 1