Rainbow    Dash

You drive a truck?  

23 users have voted

1. 1. Do you drive/own a truck?

• Yes
    • No
    • I want to
    • other(explain)

So after looking under the hood of my truck I began to think to myself: where are my comrades? I know that there are some Bronies out there who drive a truck or have in their lifetime. So it is my mission to gather information on you guys and start a Brotherhood of 2x4 or 4x4 truck drivers. Share you truck pictures. extra points if its an action shot. I also want your guys' feedback on your experiences on the road and off.

I will start off by saying mine. Driving a truck wasn't tricky at all for me. in fact seeing as how my truck is my first vehicle i have more skills then those who drive a cheap little Honda. i can pull of parallel parking with no trouble. parking in tight spots are a breeze for me. I found that small car drivers act like their car is a limo or a Cadillac. As for other trucks on the road the deciding factor is the size of their truck. where i live Full size trucks are complete jerks. they tailgate me and have their brights on. Small trucks are really courteous when on the road. mid-size trucks are a hybrid of nice and jerky.

Depending on where you all are i was going to put a group together to drive off-road and on road. so basically make a club that would meet in real life.

Well now, I actually have 3 trucks,,,,,however none of them are actually mine.  Work over the summer with a boyscout camp and we have trucks to do utility things.   Most of them are old and on their last legs, but they are a hell of a lot of fun to drive.  

post-11590-0-06583300-1362342634_thumb.jpg

post-11590-0-55689900-1362342647_thumb.jpg

post-11590-0-57797700-1362342658_thumb.jpg

post-11590-0-69172900-1362342668_thumb.jpg

post-11590-0-28629900-1362342686_thumb.jpg

post-11590-0-29170900-1362342696_thumb.jpg

They aren't street legal anymore,  and regularly I live in a city where such a truck really would just be a waste of my money.....

Used to own an older Dodge Durango. Because I am the one driving my whole family around i have a new Expidition with 8 seats and no fuel economy. ;)

When it comes to cars I am very utilitarian. It could look ugly as can be but if i can move lots of things around i love it. My neighbors and I are planning on going to Oshkosh later to buy a surplus army truck so we can do more when we do go muddin'. I grew up with all males my father didn't want me to be a "girly girl". I know how to fix most minor things.

This my truck now

post-7493-0-33556500-1357379397_thumb.jpg

• 6 years later...

Ooooh, now this is my kind of thread! I practically live and breathe pickup trucks, and I'm especially fond of 2nd gen Dodge Rams. 

I currently own a '96 Dodge Ram 1500 (I'll add a couple new pictures of it later). It's got a little over 200,000 miles on it and needs some work, but is still full of life and so much fun to drive. I still have yet to take it backroad cruising. :dash:

I plan on getting a slightly newer (but still 2nd gen) Ram or maybe even a Dakota after I'm working, and I still haven't decided what I'll do with old Matt yet. (Yes, I named my truck Matt. Don't judge.) I might just keep him. 

• Brohoof 2

• 6 months later...
5 hours ago, Lucky Bolt said:

Uh, just going to revive this thread. WE NEED IT :glimmer:

I like how you also revived it the last time after 6 years and nobody else ever posted after :P .

I technically have one under my name, although it’s a “family car”, and my brother drives it since it’s the most reliable (he commutes to school a good 40 minutes). It’s a 2012 F-150.

It was certainly fun in my past delivery job when I had to cross this one bridge (notorious for the quick yellow light because of timing) and really had those revs high to make it :fabulous:. Wouldn’t really call myself a truck person though.

Id rather drive something else though :nom: .

Edited by WWolf

I own a '77 Ford F100. Had the engine completely rebuilt a couple years ago, since the main bearings were shot. Back then, the oil pressure would hit 0 psi at a stoplight.  :awwthanks:

Since then, I've done some upgrades: 

1. One-wire alternator
  2. Edelbrock 600cfm 4-barrel carburetor
  3. Electric radiator fan
  4. Had seat reupholstered
  5. Re-covered dash
  6. Replaced power steering system
  7. Electric fuel pump and new gas tank

Paint is still in decent shape. Engine is the 6.6L V8, so I'm not driving too far away from the gas station  

6 hours ago, The Historian said:

The last truck I had was a 98 Explorer but it's long gone now. I plan on getting another truck when I'm making a bit more money than I am now. Not sure what yet but I'll think of something.

Get a 2nd gen 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
(edited)

I don't actually own a truck but both of them are Land Cruisers one of which was done by Arctic Truck I don't remember the tire size of it might have been 33" I believe current being on a pair of 31" although it is modified to fit 35" actually haha but those are expensive tires you know. Living in a country that worships huge vehicles you see a lot of interesting builds definitely. Many of which being to the likings of Americans we build them a little larger then most countries and keep in mind they are seen many times driving the roads. While I'm not that into trucks I've been looking into as a pure tow pig to get an old dodge ram cummins I know a guy that owns a trailer so I could borrow it you know. So it would definitely be something like this ford haha which is in Iceland and I have seen many like this but it's not really the biggest truck you see here as many of them are that size though they are huge you don't realize it until you actually see them driving.

Icelandic Glacier Truck is Built Fjord Tough | Jacked up trucks ...

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 1

21 minutes ago, Blivy said:

Oh yeah good old @Lucky Bolt this would be a perfect place to show your latest project! Xp

Damn I forgot this thread even existed! Gonna have to post in here more often. :dash:

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Lucky Bolt said:

Damn I forgot this thread even existed! Gonna have to post in here more often. :dash:

You really do! Since you know you are literally FAMOUS for that around these here parts! 

• Brohoof 1

I think that trucks are cool (modern models, not old ones). I actually drove my dad’s Dodge Ram pickup for about a year after I crashed my previous car. It took some getting used to being so high above the ground and parking. After driving it though, I decided that I wouldn’t want one for good. I am more of a regular car person 🚗 

• Brohoof 1

Well, I tried my truck paparazzi skills last week, but it was driving too fast!
truckram.thumb.jpg.455d407cf1ef437e6af6d69c597e7609.jpg

I was about a half a mile away, using my optical 50X zoom camera. I had one shot and that's it.

(edited)

My tank that was my grandparents. I guess you could call it a "pony" truck.^_^

It's a 1998 Chevrolet Blazer 4X4. It's a V6 and small, but it is a body on frame design.

Edited by Cirrus.

I’m thinking about painting my rims black today. What y’all think? (It’ll be something to tide me over until I can get new rims and tires :please:).

32F02254-5177-453F-868B-2C6EA68987F0.jpeg.d32b56fe0905d2cfa1c52c0d33c2c676.jpeg

• Brohoof 1

I'm still gonna post in this thread even though I don't technically own a pickup truck :muffins:

I own a 2008 Mercury Mariner, essentially it's a small SUV with about 180,000 miles on it currently. I got it at the tail-end of my Junior year of high School, so roughly about.... two years ago or so. Here's a picture of me in it literally right after I bought it from the dude who sold it to me ^_^

IMG951604.thumb.jpg.681a98a7d3fc0c5f3d76db006896226a.jpg

I also have a Rainbow Dash vinyl decal in my back window B)

Spoiler

IMG_20200513_132601936.thumb.jpg.1995d561faa9a74efc617aeb77583107.jpg

And also a Rainbow Dash necklace charm hanging from my inside rear-view mirror :wub:

Spoiler

IMG_20200513_132620423.thumb.jpg.149f341f6d8128917ed2a59ae9586670.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Well I said I was gonna do it so I did and it turned out extremely good! 

Spoiler

90F642A0-A126-4CC9-A964-0DF61AF4165E.thumb.jpeg.2500e990384f44f9f3982f03f185fb38.jpeg

0118E65E-B02C-4003-8380-4DB6F929A1E6.thumb.jpeg.265dceb07ad561969b42518f4682ae30.jpeg

EDF7733A-BECB-4D75-8A4B-3A5FF0416B4A.thumb.jpeg.3aea063c6add30ca95e2f57c1151e4fc.jpeg

1 hour ago, Fluttershyfan94 said:

What do you all think of Ford Excursions they are pretty nice especially the 7.3 ones. Would be nice being able to go to the glaciers, used to as a kid uwu.

Reveal hidden contents

Ford excursion bigfoot | Victor | Flickr

Mountain Taxi in Reykjavik | My Guide Reykjavik

Damn those look fun! 

• Brohoof 2