Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should Scootaloo fly or be disabled?

pinkiefan1287

Fly or Disable   

259 users have voted

1. 1. Should Scootaloo fly or be Disabled?

• Have her fly
    • Have her unable to fly

The show should never address it directly again and should only show her to hover. My vote is for status quo ambiguity for her.

• Brohoof 1

If you were to see this in the show, what would you say about it?

img-2645744-1-scootaloo_flying_by_malekm

Omg for a moment I thought it was a season 5 spoiler :blink:

I'd be satisfied of course. ;)

• 1 month later...

Omg for a moment I thought it was a season 5 spoiler :blink:

I'd be satisfied of course. ;)

I agree with the satisfaction, because I hope that Scootaloo will fly in Season 5!

See..I don't like this. How this question is being asked is wrong. Now let's not make this -real- and keep it on scoots. Yes she is disabled, shit happens. That being said she shouldn't just accept it, she should strive if not to over come it, then to over shadow it. Really she has already created a new form of travel, with her wings as an engine, she should be know as an inovator!...but regardless, sweete belle is still best cmc!

(edited)

I voted Yes have her fly but let me clarify:

I do not want her to fly with wings like other pegasus. To me it would be a cop out.

Scootaloo can be her own unique type of flyer.

Perhaps she would use propulsion from be tiny wings to propel her forward,allowing her to slightly hover off the ground when at speed like super sonic from this intro:

In fact,Scotaloo has already done something similar 

176627__UNOPT__animated_scootaloo_spoile

Also,we have seen pegasi can land on clouds:

img-1600480-1-1307__safe_derpy+hooves_an

So why not have her jump from cloud to cloud something like this.

(replace the rocks with clouds,but you get the jest of what im saying)

tumblr_m6vlvg8OoB1ra7h6fo1_500.gif

Using both the techniques above while also using the technique utilized by super sonic in the into we just saw,we can see Scootaloo 'fly',but in her own special way,making her unique and possibly the 1st ever to 'fly' in such a fashion.

I understand people will say 'BUT BULK BICEPS!',but really,wouldn't you rather have Scootaloo be her unique type of flyer?

Edited by Pinkamena-Pills

(edited)

@MalekPony - I have to theft that pic!

I have to say that the MLPF thread has actually helped me appreciate the character even more. Although the idea of her never being shown to fly is my preference, If she did take off in a future episode ...

This would be me

post-25990-0-82712600-1403222832_thumb.png

Edited by Jeric

@MalekPony - I have to theft that pic!

I have to say that the MLPF thread has actually helped me appreciate the character even more. Although the idea of her never being shown to fly is my preference, If she did take off in a future episode ...

This would be me

attachicon.gifScootalooFirstFlight.png

You would think that seeing Scootaloo fly would be adorable, right?

You would think that seeing Scootaloo fly would be adorable, right?

Yes, at first I would be, "Oh come on! Not every story has to be wrapped up with a happy bow."  I would be staring at the screen with annoyance.

Then ... I would see the look of long denied satisfaction come across Scootaloo's face as she races through the sky. Then my heart would melt and I would probably break down and praise the writers.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Yes, at first I would be, "Oh come on! Not every story has to be wrapped up with a happy bow."  I would be starting at the screen with annoyance.

Then ... I would see the look of long denied satisfaction come across Scootaloo's face as she races through the sky. Then my heart would melt and I would probably break down and praise the writers.

You're not gonna wind up with a heart attack, aren't you?

Edited by MalekPony

I am in between, i want her to fly But like a late bloomer. If this became one of the episode's focus, I bet it will be an entertaining and and very emotional. I really can't choose to be honest. I can tell that she being able to fly is one of her goals but what if you really can't achieve your goals because of a disabled part or something is preventing you? That's one of the challenges or questions I wanna see being tackled on the show.

But for now Scootaloo must fly! :D

I am in between, i want her to fly But like a late bloomer. If this became one of the episode's focus, I bet it will be an entertaining and and very emotional. I really can't choose to be honest. I can tell that she being able to fly is one of her goals but what if you really can't achieve your goals because of a disabled part or something is preventing you? That's one of the challenges or questions I wanna see being tackled on the show.

But for now Scootaloo must fly! :D

I'm glad that you've agreed with me as far as Scootaloo's flying is concerned.

I understand people will say 'BUT BULK BICEPS!',but really,wouldn't you rather have Scootaloo be her unique type of flyer?

Correct me if I am wrong, but I really want Scootaloo to fly with her wings. If Scootaloo has a unique way of flying, I might also accept it.

I think she should fly, but be disabled.

She seems to be a very passionate little filly, and seeing her overcome the odds and fly despite her supposed inability to do so would just really be something, man...of course, she might not be fabulous, but I'd have no qualms about calling her a badass little filly :D

IMO you cant really go wrong either way, because if she DOES fly, it teaches kids to pursue their hopes and dreams even if you come in contact with obstacles.

If she DOESN'T fly. It teaches kids that being different can be normal. If that makes any sense.

• Brohoof 1

I wish there was a neither option in this poll. I always got the sense that she's just behind in terms of physical development. Actually, I get that sense with all three CMCs, since they're late to receive their cutie marks. Scootaloo is a kid, so it's ok if she can't fly yet. After watching the Flight to the Finish episode, I just get the sense that she's not quite ready to fly yet. Maybe there's a reason why she can't, but the show is good at subtlety, and this is one area where I don't think it needs to go into any more detail than it already has, and fans can draw their own conclusions. I don't think she should fly, but I also don't think it needs to be because she's disabled.

Scootaloo: Hey, look I'm flying!

NightGuard: I DON'T CARE!!

Scootaloo: B-But..

NightGuard: SHUT UP, YOUR SO ANNOYING!

Scootaloo: *cries*

NightGuard: GOD DAMN IT, SCOOTALOO! YOU DISAPPOINT ME!!

If Scootaloo were to really fly with her wings in the show, how would you feel about it?

I'd be very happy, especially if it's introduced in an episode only about it, that would be perfect.