Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should Scootaloo fly or be disabled?

pinkiefan1287

Fly or Disable   

259 users have voted

1. 1. Should Scootaloo fly or be Disabled?

• Have her fly
    • Have her unable to fly

I want to see her fly, but her talents do seem to be grounded. I don't mind either way as long as the result is that Scootaloo is happy and finds who she is.

I'm sure somepony has already said this but I believe she should stay disabled, though in my heart I wish she wasn't, just like I don't like to see any person not knowing the benefits of walking.

However with Scootaloo I see a bright future for herself as a disabled pegasus cause she can do things with her wings that other pegasi wouldn't appreciate. Using her small wing power to propell herself to do these amazing skater feats.

I'm sure somepony has already said this but I believe she should stay disabled, though in my heart I wish she wasn't, just like I don't like to see any person not knowing the benefits of walking.

However with Scootaloo I see a bright future for herself as a disabled pegasus cause she can do things with her wings that other pegasi wouldn't appreciate. Using her small wing power to propell herself to do these amazing skater feats.

So, you're saying that you don't expect Scootaloo to fly up high in the air using her wings anytime soon? 

@@MalekPony,

Nah I expect not, but I guess I'm also saying that I wouldn't think ill will of her either way. Whether she doesn't fly or not I will be happy with her either way.

In a way, if she stays disabled, she still has alot of talent or will realize she has a lot of talent in her sports and scooter. If she one day learns to fly well I believe she'll gain a better respect for herself and for others who can't fly.

@@MalekPony,

Nah I expect not, but I guess I'm also saying that I wouldn't think ill will of her either way. Whether she doesn't fly or not I will be happy with her either way.

In a way, if she stays disabled, she still has alot of talent or will realize she has a lot of talent in her sports and scooter. If she one day learns to fly well I believe she'll gain a better respect for herself and for others who can't fly.

So, you're basically saying that it can go either way in terms of Scootaloo's flying?

So, you're basically saying that it can go either way in terms of Scootaloo's flying?

I guess so really. There really isn't a hint in the show I could spot that would indicate whether or not she will or will never fly. And the fact when Rainbow Dash gives her that special pet talk of whether or not she will fly, gives me a bit of...hmm.... I guess you can say, reassurence, that whether Scootaloo will or won't fly, she will still be awsome to me.

But ya I can't assume it 'won't' happen, but I can't say that it 'will' either. There's no real indication, I believe it could go either way unless the show decides to answer that question.

I don't want Scoots to fly, it would give her uniqueness, besides, being unable to fly, she could find her own talent, making her an even stronger character. Besides, it would serve as an important moral for the show

(edited)

I don't want Scoots to fly, it would give her uniqueness, besides, being unable to fly, she could find her own talent, making her an even stronger character. Besides, it would serve as an important moral for the show

No way, I disagree with you because I want Scootaloo to fly.

Edited by MalekPony

• 2 weeks later...

Not that I'm one of those fans who thinks Faust is a god and everything should be the way she planned it out to be, but I prefer Scootaloo as disabled simply because it's something different, and it can be something that speaks to people who have a disability. I'm sure they would never be able to touch upon the disability in the show, but I don't mind that because I prefer some degree of subtlety in the show.

Besides, if you think about it, the fact that Scootaloo can't fly makes it all the more meaningful when Rainbow Dash helps carry her. It's pretty touching even.

What you said, I agree. :P It would so much more creative and a fresh idea if that was the case.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess so really. There really isn't a hint in the show I could spot that would indicate whether or not she will or will never fly. And the fact when Rainbow Dash gives her that special pet talk of whether or not she will fly, gives me a bit of...hmm.... I guess you can say, reassurence, that whether Scootaloo will or won't fly, she will still be awsome to me.

But ya I can't assume it 'won't' happen, but I can't say that it 'will' either. There's no real indication, I believe it could go either way unless the show decides to answer that question.

So that basically means that I can allow Scootaloo to fly before the show answer the question concerning her flight?

@@MalekPony,

Dunno what your question actually means, rough grammer or im just too tired to process it lol. I guess my point is if it wasn't made clearly enough, is that whether the show makes her fly or not, it will be up to them. I won't mind so much if they do or don't either way.

• 2 months later...

I honestly can't decide. On one hand, having her overcome adversity against all odds and achieve flight could make for one of the most emotionally satisfying episodes of the series. But at the same time having her not be able to fly but learning that it doesn't make her any less of a great pony would be a fantastic moral.

In the end, I just want her to be happy. There's not a character on the show who deserves it more than her. Best pony. B)

• Brohoof 1

I prefer it if she was disabled. This is because it gives more of a unique variety to the ponies we all know and love. I know that Scoots really wants to be just as good as Rainbow Dash, but from what we've seen, she can only hover. Not only that, but we also seen her on a scooter many, many times, which I presume will be her talent.

If they do confirm that Scootaloo is disabled, then I do hope that they find a way to address it carefully. I don't want soccer moms to throw hissy fits again like the Derpy fiasco.

• Brohoof 3

I honestly can't decide. On one hand, having her overcome adversity against all odds and achieve flight could make for one of the most emotionally satisfying episodes of the series. But at the same time having her not be able to fly but learning that it doesn't make her any less of a great pony would be a fantastic moral.

Tell me about it. I've used this image in this very thread back in June or July, but it sums up my own conflict about this subject. I still have a hard time deciding. But if she does fly, this will be me.  

post-25990-0-82712600-1403222832_thumb.p

• Brohoof 2

I'd prefer it if she didn't fly. Ultimately, this is a show to appeal to children, and even though it would make her "happy" to have her fly, it would certainly send the wrong message to people who have disabilities watching the show. In fact, the one thing that I disliked from Flight to the Finish was the ambiguity of the condition of her wings. Scootaloo implies it's because her wings haven't grown in, but I would like more than just an implication.

It really is whatever the execs decide, but I feel like it's a cop-out at this point to allow her that ability.

Edited by Bow to the Rain
  • Brohoof 1

• 9 months later...

Fluttershy was a poor flyer as a kid & she could help Scootaloo deal with it far better than Dash ever could.  So who does S look to for help?  Give you a hint : NOT the one who saved her ungrateful butt from the cockatrice

(edited)

I'll just wait and see if she flies or not.

Knowing that she idolizes Rainbow Dash and how this is such a "safe" cartoon she probably would fly eventually.

Edited by cider float

• 10 months later...
(edited)

As much as I love the idea of having Rainbow Dash teach her how to fly, having Scoots be disabled and have her coming to terms with it could make for a really good/emotional episode

I can go with either route though

Edited by Megas