Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music saddest songs you will ever hear

DR Leper Lupinstein

These are prolly the saddest songs you'll ever hear mos of which are from none other than tom waits himself. a musical genius.

tom waits  - lullaby

tom waits - tom traubert's blues (waltzing mathilda)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztMslNg16og

tom waits - martha 

This song just hits he like a ton of bricks everytime i hear it...

anne hathaway - i dreamed a dream - les miserables

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsS1MS3EqyM

Megaman 7 intro music, Pokémon B/W 2 memory link music, Professor Layton and the lost/unwound future credits theme and the dream sequence/ leaving the Pokémon world theme in Pokémon mystery dungeon red/blue rescue team.

• Brohoof 3

Saddest songs I've ever heard would probably be along the lines of "Operator", by Jim Croce, and "Viva la Vida" by Coldplay.

"Time In a Bottle" is very melancholy as well, although I'd be buggered as to why.

• Brohoof 1

There's two, one is generally just sad music, the other you'll have to have read My Little Dashie and the sequel, especially read the sequel while listening to the song.

So first one is Lament of a Stranger

So the fanfic music I was talking about is Dreaming with Ponies

• Brohoof 3

I could go on an endless list of sad songs that I love, though I'll just post a video for my two most favorite ones, along with a list of others

And the list:

Nine Inch Nails - Hurt (The Johnny Cash cover as well)

Converge - Cruel Bloom

Isis - So Did We

Isis - In Fiction

Isis - Holy Tears

Slipknot - Snuff (The only song that I like by them)

Radiohead - Street Spirit

Radiohead - Idioteque

Radiohead - Like Spinning Plates

Radiohead - Reckoner

Nirvana - The Man Who Sold The World

Alice In Chains - Nutshell

My Chemical Romance - Desert Song

M83 - My Tears Are Becoming A Sea

M83 - Another Wave From You

M83 - Wait

M83 - Be Wild

Aphex Twin - Rhubarb

Aphex Twin - Green Calx

Aphex Twin - Blue Calx

Aphex Twin - Yellow Calx

Aphex Twin - Xtal

Aphex Twin - Vordhosbn

Converge - Disintergration (The Cure cover)

Boards of Canada - An Eagle In Your Mind

Boards of Canada - Oscar See Through Red Eye

Boards of Canada - A Moment Of Clarity

Boards of Canada - Slow This Bird Down

Depeche Mode - Clean

Depeche Mode - Precious

Daft Punk - Nightvision

Daft Punk - Make Love

• Brohoof 1

I love this guys stuff, sad solo acoustic folk.

Everything I had I seem to have lost.
Everyone who loved me seems to have forgot.
Everything I want seems too far away.
I'll just stay in bed for another day.

• Brohoof 1

I have a list, a long long list of sad music.

Yet, I'll just use one.

"This Woman's Work" by Kate Bush

It really makes me think of my late wife and just really gets to me.

• Brohoof 1

I miss the Earth so much, I miss my wife 
It's lonely out in space 
On such a timeless flight 

I can't imagine the pain isolation must bring.

Teddy Bear by: Red Sovine is one of the most saddest songs ever.  I cried the first time I heard it.  You really need to listen to the words of the song to really get the full impact of it though.  It's the message that it has that is sad.

Believe by: B.O.T.D.F. is also really sad if you listen to it.

• Brohoof 1

This:

and this:

These two songs almost make me cry every time I hear them.

"Turn around, you have found
A different place to dream"

(edited)

^Very sad song. Cale's verison of Hallelujah might be the best known version but Jeff Buckley's cover is great as is the original by Leonard Cohen. Pre-suicide songs are always sad. when the musician is clearly stating how close to the edge they are but no one saves them.

2 examples....

Edited by Freewave

The saddest song I've ever heard in a video game also applies as the saddest song I've ever heard ever. It's the ending music to Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, and if you know the story about Shadow's sacrifice, you'll know how emotional this is.

The perfect music to compliment an already outstanding story - a life form created from artifice, taught the ways of morality through restricted love; and sacrifice in united strength of will against Gerald Robotnik's world-threatening ARK.

Shadow the Hedgehog, who was created by Gerald Robotnik as a weapon for immortality, caused Gerald Robotnik's research space colony ARK to be stormed by militarised personnel deeming Shadow to be a danger. All researchers aboard the colony were killed, including Gerald Robotnik's granddaughter Maria - before Shadow was ejected from the colony in a space pod, he heard Maria give him her wishes to use his life to help humanity, rather than use the military dispatch as a means of hatred - and then she was killed.

Now, once Shadow was awoken a long time later, on Earth, by Ivo Robotnik (also known as Eggman) Shadow was torn between following the wishes of Gerald Robotnik whom he owed his existence to, and following the wishes of Maria whom he loved. Choosing to follow Robotnik's (it was thanks to Eggman that he was awake, plus he was angry at the humans for killing Maria) he worked with Eggman to gather Chaos Emeralds and activate Gerald Robotnik's vengeance weapon, the Eclipse Cannon (aboard the abandoned space colony ARK), which he made out of fury at the military for killing his granddaughter. Activating the cannon would potentially destroy Earth, leaving the one in its operation with complete control over the planet - but when they eventually managed to activate it, it turned out that Gerald Robotnik had set up its operator to send the ARK to impact, and destroy, Earth.

So as Shadow stayed on the ARK and watched it head closer to Earth, conversion attempts from Amy Rose (a member of the opposing team) suddenly reminded him of what Maria actually wanted him to do - help the humans, not exact revenge. He used his tremendous power to cease the ARK's collision course - but was knocked out from the exorbitant energy, falling to Earth and dying but ultimately happy that he could honour Maria's memory.

In short, Shadow defied his lifelong ethics and wishes for the greater good, sacrificing himself so that an inferior race may prosper. The music in the very last scene of the game is the most incredible testament to that. Sayonara, Shadow the Hedgehog!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c27awmGEHTg

For sung songs, I'd go with Justin Nozuka's "No Heaven". There are a load of feels in that song, especially once the heavy strumming starts after the countdown that represents his brother counting down his suicide.

(edited)

For sad songs, I pick these following songs.

Amsterdam by Coldplay. This is a very sad song, but is beautiful.

Professor Layton and the Unwound Future Theme of the Last Time Travel- This song is so sad. Perfect song for a sad and perfect game.

Dead Island Trailer Theme- I tear up everytime I hear this song. It is so sad.

Just Like Heaven by The Cure- The lyrics are so sad in such a happy song.

Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol- Another sad song.

Superman by Five for Fighting- This is one of the saddest songs ever. The lyrics have so much emotion.

The Scientist by Coldplay- More bittersweet than sad, but still sad.

Edited by Blue_Moon

(edited)

This song. It makes me cry everytime I hear it, and it's so beautifully written. I never imagined something so sad and beautiful attatched to Granny Smith. 

Damnit tears...go away

Edited by SkyeRibbonPwny

No words are needed for the sadness and depression of this song. 

Apparently, this song has made over 100 depressed people commit suicide. (this is a fact)

So if you suffer from depression; DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS

(edited)

I've got a good one, or a bunch.

15 minutes of sadness, mainly if you actually know what the songs are for, but they still seem sad. 

Oh man. The music from Ini's case... them feels. Ini was one of the characters I sympathised with the most in the series, along with \ Acro and Godot.\

Edited by Flipturn ツ
  • Brohoof 1

For me the saddest songs are these two:

and 

The first because it is exactly how i felt about a girl, i even sang her the song.

The second because it is how i feel now.

Below is spoilered because its just generally depressing.

Listening to either of those songs guarantees i will cry, and usually has me lapse back into suicidal thoughts. :/