Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

142 users have voted

1. 1. Favorite Season

• Season One
    • Season Two
    • Season Three
    • Season Four

Mine so far is Season 1. It had more quantity, IMO.

Do you mean quality? Because season two isn't done yet, they'll have the same amount of episodes by the end, I think.

Either way, It's really too much of a mix for me so far. I still love Winter Wrap Up and Bridle Gossip, etc., but I also love Lesson Zero and Sisterhooves Social.

• Brohoof 1

It's a little early to be rating the two seasons next to each other. Season Two still has eleven more episodes left to premiere, eight of which we know nothing about apart from the possibility of a Princess Cadence character that may appear in the finale.

So therefore I refuse to vote until the season is finished. It'll be a difficult decision too, because there's plenty of great material in both seasons. They do have different feels to each other, but the overall quality has been so good for both of them, with only a couple of downpoints so far, that choosing won't be easy.

• Brohoof 2

Even though Season 2 hasn't completed yet, I feel that a lot of the episodes in it are much more entertaining than Season 1. There are a few episodes that I find sort of boring and wouldn't really re-watch in Season 1. More so than there are in Season 2, which feels like it has "funner" episodes. I think Season 2 has been churning out a large amount of fun episodes lately. So I voted for Season 2.

• Brohoof 1

As others have said before, it's too early in my book to judge. I would wait until Season 2 is finished before handing down a verdict.

Season 2 is more in tune with the community, but that's only because the communication between the fanbase and the developers is still growing. But I'd have to say season 2, personally.

I like them both and I can't choose between them because season 2 isn't finnished yet. But I took s2 just for the sake.

While S2 isn't over yet, and therefore the question is difficult to answer, I'd have to say that I prefer the second for a few reasons.

1) A more realistic antagonist. One of the things I hate most in all varieties of media is the depiction of antagonists as omnimalevolent, devoid of virtues, and overly self-confident. That is just unrealistic; the entire world is in various shades of gray. I maintain that it is impossible to find a person who is all good or bad. MLP depicts in Discord a far more interesting "villain" than in Nightmare Moon; where Nightmare Moon perfectly fit the traditional archetype, Discord does not in many regards. He had a metaphysical vision of the universe which he thought more just that he tried to impose, and he is able to make Celestia look like an utter fool through his quote "I don't turn ponies into stone.", for instance, and mocking Celestia's ridiculous request that he return the Elements of Harmony (For comparison, it would be like, in a war, Country X capturing Country Y's nuclear missiles, and then Country Y asking for them back so that Y can utterly destroy X.)

2) More references to culture/media/history. While S1 certainly had some, S2 is awash with references. In the last three episodes, we've seen obvious references to "I Love Lucy" (as well as a brief reference to "Calamity Mane"), "The Music Man", and "Indiana Jones".

3) More recognition of the fandom. In S2, the Derpy references were brought onto a new level: For "Hearth's Warming Eve", Hasbro encouraged people to try to find "Fan favorite Derpy Hooves", and I need not mention the events of "The Last Roundup". In S2E1-2, the "Chocolate Rain" meme was depicted, a shout out to 4chan.

• Brohoof 2

Man, this discussion is really making me wonder what season 3 will be like. Will it have more references to bronies (because the new Rainbow Dash episode was full of it) and will it have more adventurous storylines?

I can't choose. I love them both. Season 1, in my opinion, is pony in it's truest, originally intended form. It was created by Lauren Faust before bronies were even known about. Season 2, however, has some nice nods to the fans and some great episodes that really develop the characters more and expand upon the world of Equestria.

It's a little early to be rating the two seasons next to each other. Season Two still has eleven more episodes left to premiere, eight of which we know nothing about apart from the possibility of a Princess Cadence character that may appear in the finale.

So therefore I refuse to vote until the season is finished. It'll be a difficult decision too, because there's plenty of great material in both seasons. They do have different feels to each other, but the overall quality has been so good for both of them, with only a couple of downpoints so far, that choosing won't be easy.

Who's princess Cadence?

Who's princess Cadence?

A character revealed through some art on EQ Daily...apparently she has a toyset already being sold and everything, and will appear alongside a stallion whose name I cannot remember right now in the series. How she is related to Celestia and Luna is...unknown. In my aborted story that I might go back and start writing for again eventually, I intended for Cadence to be their mother, but I have no idea if she'll actually turn out to be their mother or not.

I'm hoping she doesn't turn out to be some kind of lost third sister...that would feel weird and unnecessary, not to mention harmful to the built-up canon. It'd be like a Mary Sue character from a fanfic.

A character revealed through some art on EQ Daily...apparently she has a toyset already being sold and everything, and will appear alongside a stallion whose name I cannot remember right now in the series. How she is related to Celestia and Luna is...unknown. In my aborted story that I might go back and start writing for again eventually, I intended for Cadence to be their mother, but I have no idea if she'll actually turn out to be their mother or not.

I'm hoping she doesn't turn out to be some kind of lost third sister...that would feel weird and unnecessary, not to mention harmful to the built-up canon. It'd be like a Mary Sue character from a fanfic.

So basically everyone thinks its their mother? Might be cool, but I kinda prefer to think that their parents are actually mortals and not alicorns.