General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

(edited)
4 minutes ago, Randimaxis said:

As long as everyone's behaving, it's all good...

... don't make me break out the fives.

The secret special ultimate move never preformed by any human being? the five! but there's a legend for a even more terrifying one.... ITS THE 6ohno.PNG.1b2e87c278e68c793b504a923dfd383c.PNG.

Edited by Quadropus

32 minutes ago, Quadropus said:

there's a legend for a even more terrifying one.... ITS THE 6

Only when you put three of them together...

... because 18 is terrifying.

Ask any parent.

Just now, Randimaxis said:

Only when you put three of them together...

... because 18 is terrifying.

Ask any parent.

18? OH NOOO! we do not speak its name for it will consume us all! kinda too late for that though.crazy.PNG.48ad07be71f961d457316515758ba789.PNG

On 3/3/2018 at 8:52 PM, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

Kinda don't know either, and remind me within a month to get a new PSU for my computer if I haven't done so yet.

Remember to get your new PSU.

...I mean it was within a month.

(edited)
2 minutes ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

I'm currently torn between a GTX 1060 and RX 580 as a proper replacement for my R9 390.

I've actually got the GTX 1060, it works as well as it will ever need to as of now, but I don't know if the RX 580 is better.

Edited by Sir Punicpunch

(edited)
6 hours ago, Sir Punicpunch said:

I've actually got the GTX 1060, it works as well as it will ever need to as of now, but I don't know if the RX 580 is better.

Look how much you paid for your GTX 1060, then look how much it is right now. What's the difference? (Hint: depending on when you bought yours, it's probably huge.)

Also, it means that if I wanna properly replace my card, I'm gonna have to bite the proverbial bullet and put up with the inflated prices, because I really miss my triple monitor setup. I'm also still undecided with going with the 1060 or the 580, though if I went with the 580, I can say I went from a GTX 560ti to an RX 580, even though those are two different families of video cards from two different companies.

Hmm...

That's it, I'm getting the 1060 only because the 580 is slightly harder to come by.

Edited by Ganaram Inukshuk
  • Brohoof 1

18 hours ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

Look how much you paid for your GTX 1060, then look how much it is right now. What's the difference? (Hint: depending on when you bought yours, it's probably huge.)

Also, it means that if I wanna properly replace my card, I'm gonna have to bite the proverbial bullet and put up with the inflated prices, because I really miss my triple monitor setup. I'm also still undecided with going with the 1060 or the 580, though if I went with the 580, I can say I went from a GTX 560ti to an RX 580, even though those are two different families of video cards from two different companies.

Hmm...

That's it, I'm getting the 1060 only because the 580 is slightly harder to come by.

Well, I bought my computer online for about $1,500.00 about 2 years ago, and I got the GTX 1060 on warranty when my previous video card died.

39 minutes ago, Sir Punicpunch said:

Well, I bought my computer online for about $1,500.00 about 2 years ago, and I got the GTX 1060 on warranty when my previous video card died.

Hmm... I thought yours was custom built...

Alright, next question: should I clean the metal contacts on my R9 390? It's possible they've corroded to the point where electrical conductivity is lost and that could be the cause of all the problems.

7 minutes ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

Hmm... I thought yours was custom built...

Alright, next question: should I clean the metal contacts on my R9 390? It's possible they've corroded to the point where electrical conductivity is lost and that could be the cause of all the problems.

Custom ordered, I reasonably didn't know how to build a computer when I was 14.

If it already doesn't work I suppose you should try to get it to work, but I don't personally know that much about computer maintenance.

2 hours ago, Sir Punicpunch said:

Custom ordered, I reasonably didn't know how to build a computer when I was 14.

If it already doesn't work I suppose you should try to get it to work, but I don't personally know that much about computer maintenance.

Neither did I and I was 19 or 20 at the time and I thought about a prebuilt system at the time but I figured, "let's get a mazagine and see how its example builds go".

Hmm, but I left all my isopropyl alcohol back at home... Ehh, I can get it back next week.

15 minutes ago, Sir Punicpunch said:

Well, I meant active on the forums in this case.

In my case, it may as well be "alive" because finals week on top of having dentist appointments to fix my broken teef.

1 minute ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

In my case, it may as well be "alive" because finals week on top of having dentist appointments to fix my broken teef.

That's brutal man.

So is the appointment before or after your finals?