Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

2 minutes ago, be my waifu said:

sure, they look pretty neat

we didn't really hang out with the forum crew though, so idk if we should even be asking lmao

Too late, you're getting one and you're gonna like it. Besides, they weren't handing them out for being on the forums or hanging with them, it was literally for finding them AND going to BronyCon. Both of which we did, so.

Edited by Miss H

oh damn i got it already

if you read this hello person that gave me this badge it's neat and i wish i knew there was going to be an mlpf meetup because we would have hung out with all of you instead of just taking a picture and dipping out at the very end of the con

i miss this place and it would have been cool to catch up on forum happenings

16 minutes ago, be my waifu said:

oh damn i got it already

if you read this hello person that gave me this badge it's neat and i wish i knew there was going to be an mlpf meetup because we would have hung out with all of you instead of just taking a picture and dipping out at the very end of the con

i miss this place and it would have been cool to catch up on forum happenings

I told them for you, hun.

Also, did I not tell you MLPF people were gonna try and do some things together? Though, to be fair, iirc the stuff they went to do together was like, dinners and such moreso than just run around the con together. Dinner and breakfast would have been a bit odd without actually knowing people, imo.

Also, I totally wouldn't mind actually trying to get into this place again, but I really don't see that happening very easily, tbh.

19 minutes ago, Miss H said:

Also, did I not tell you MLPF people were gonna try and do some things together? Though, to be fair, iirc the stuff they went to do together was like, dinners and such moreso than just run around the con together. Dinner and breakfast would have been a bit odd without actually knowing people, imo.

i mean u might have but i don't remember. might have been inebriated or half asleep tbqh lads

also u rite but still

also i bought this charm at a con and it's adorable but i forgot who the artist was

does anyone happen to know

20190806_214605.jpg

3 hours ago, Miss H said:

Also really, really, really subconsciously angry too. Huh.

why tho PepeHands.png.2ff56276376e4bb0b4f299e17a9eebe7.png

edit: oh wait i know why

3 hours ago, DripMoondrop said:

Aw man I'd love a mlp meet up. 

But I'm in Austria and far away from all action. :sunny:

find a furry meetup somewhere and just be that person who shows up covered in pony gear

Edited by be my waifu

1 hour ago, DripMoondrop said:

Idk if I WANT that. (or if there even are any furry meet ups lol) 

im willing to bet there are, furries are everywhere

e v e r y w h e r e

but really though going to bc makes me want to go to all of the cons now. i had never been to any kind of convention before

2 hours ago, be my waifu said:

why tho PepeHands.png.2ff56276376e4bb0b4f299e17a9eebe7.png

edit: oh wait i know why

find a furry meetup somewhere and just be that person who shows up covered in pony gear

Why exactly? I don't think I ever told you anything.

12 minutes ago, Miss H said:

Why exactly? I don't think I ever told you anything.

oh i thought you were talking about that thing you dm'd me and woona about earlier today

21 minutes ago, Miss H said:

oh, pfft, no. That's not even relevant to that at all.

oh my b

i hope u stop being angry soon then

34 minutes ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

Meanwhile, I've become far too distrustful with art advice...

Is that OK?

not all advice is good advice

so yeah probably

I loved every season. i relaly can't choose wich one was the best.  I lie all the mane six too

I loved every season. i relaly can't choose wich one was the best.  I lie all the mane six too

Here's the thing: I gave up asking for art feedback because I rarely get any. I then gave up asking for art advice because most of the advice I've gotten turned out to be useless. I've began to distance myself from art communities because their standards and mine are too different to ever be compatible.

I can't stand being told to change something that I've done for years on the basis that what I've done as a stylistic choice is being misinterpreted as an error. I'd rather not be nitpicked on what I don't do but instead know what I did right, but since figuring out what I did right is an unanswerable question, I simply don't ask for any sort of feedback at all.

3 hours ago, be my waifu said:

im willing to bet there are, furries are everywhere

e v e r y w h e r e

but really though going to bc makes me want to go to all of the cons now. i had never been to any kind of convention before

I'm going to regular cons about twice a year. There are at least a few mlp fans there :3

9 minutes ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

Here's the thing: I gave up asking for art feedback because I rarely get any. I then gave up asking for art advice because most of the advice I've gotten turned out to be useless. I've began to distance myself from art communities because their standards and mine are too different to ever be compatible.

I can't stand being told to change something that I've done for years on the basis that what I've done as a stylistic choice is being misinterpreted as an error. I'd rather not be nitpicked on what I don't do but instead know what I did right, but since figuring out what I did right is an unanswerable question, I simply don't ask for any sort of feedback at all.

Dude, for me it's the other way around. I gave up giving advice because people often got pissed over receiving feedback. I don't want another witch hunt lol

(there's a subreddit for mlp art critique, and I'm sure one for all other art as well) 

2 minutes ago, DripMoondrop said:

Dude, for me it's the other way around. I gave up giving advice because people often got pissed over receiving feedback. I don't want another witch hunt lol

(there's a subreddit for mlp art critique, and I'm sure one for all other art as well) 

I've been ignored trying to ask for help too many times before, even in team efforts and especially when I'm the one spearheading the entire project in the first place, and there's oftentimes not enough activity in many of the art groups I've seen.

2 hours ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

Meanwhile, I've become far too distrustful with art advice...

Is that OK?

Not really, imo. That just means you'll bypass anything proper assuming its bad or just not seeing it in the same light.

1 hour ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

I'd rather not be nitpicked on what I don't do but instead know what I did right, but since figuring out what I did right is an unanswerable question, I simply don't ask for any sort of feedback at all.

learning from mistakes is arguably the best way to learn though, rather than just hearing people tell you what you're already doing correctly over and over

1 hour ago, DripMoondrop said:

There are at least a few mlp fans there :3

i think there were a few in baltimore this past weekend, was hard to tell though...

also your art is cute af btw

1 hour ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

I've been ignored trying to ask for help too many times before, even in team efforts and especially when I'm the one spearheading the entire project in the first place, and there's oftentimes not enough activity in many of the art groups I've seen.

Usually I was in FB groups but left most by now. And most of them were locals. I can just talk for the mlpdrawingschool on reddit that they even make videos explaining what could have been better / point out flaws etc. I've let them critique my Sunburst drawing as well :catface:

Back in the days when I was still giving critique I once told a "friend" that her wig styling fell flat on the back of her head - due to the travel - and I offered her "hey, let's go to the bathroom, I'll help you fix it real quick". She then ran to another group of friends telling them I said her wig "looked like sh*t" and then I had 6 months of slander and people calling me a "w**re, dying on the streets".

5 minutes ago, be my waifu said:

i think there were a few in baltimore this past weekend, was hard to tell though...

also your art is cute af btw

Idk about the US cons, but I see friends posting about cons all the time - there are soooo many, it's awesome ;w; in my country we have a few but you can't compare them to those of bigger countries (like germany, france or well - the usa). 

Thank you so much!! :rarity:

2 hours ago, DripMoondrop said:

Usually I was in FB groups but left most by now. And most of them were locals. I can just talk for the mlpdrawingschool on reddit that they even make videos explaining what could have been better / point out flaws etc. I've let them critique my Sunburst drawing as well :catface:

...yeah, I'd rather not have stylistic choices be mistaken as flaws again... ...but maybe just flat-out declaring that had led to me not receiving any more in-depth feedback...

This thing's always happened wherever I go: rotations, lack of pupils, lack of mouths, even how I format my writing and even how I name characters, all subject to nitpicking. Like, it's not personal incompetence if I'm intentionally making a style that is supposed to be as lightweight on features as possible; how many times do I have to tell that to people?

Honestly, I just wanna uphold my design choices with an iron fist, even if it means never getting feedback ever again.

Edited by Ganaram Inukshuk

21 minutes ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

...yeah, I'd rather not have stylistic choices be mistaken as flaws again... ...but maybe just flat-out declaring that had led to me not receiving any more in-depth feedback...

This thing's always happened wherever I go: rotations, lack of pupils, lack of mouths, even how I format my writing and even how I name characters, all subject to nitpicking. Like, it's not personal incompetence if I'm intentionally making a style that is supposed to be as lightweight on features as possible; how many times do I have to tell that to people?

Honestly, I just wanna uphold my design choices with an iron fist, even if it means never getting feedback ever again.

I don't feel like they'd take style choices for flaws. With my piece they pointed out anatomical mistakes (horn too high, hip rotation wrong). But you do you. I just wanted to give you the heads up that the subreddit exists and actually does give critique if you're looking for it. :grin:

2 minutes ago, DripMoondrop said:

I don't feel like they'd take style choices for flaws. With my piece they pointed out anatomical mistakes (horn too high, hip rotation wrong). But you do you. I just wanted to give you the heads up that the subreddit exists and actually does give critique if you're looking for it. :grin:

I once tried to branch out to Reddit, and the absence of pupils already screamed incompleteness to some people. I basically now go there not to ask what others think, but to abandon what I have.