Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Could you ever get bored of ponies?

Gabby_Gumz

Let me start a story. On friday night about a year ago i watched my first episode of my little pony. Every Friday night i watch a episode and since i been on a two-week holiday ive watched 3 episodes a day. Now i could almost repeat all the words in any eposode and im starting to get bord again. I wish season for would hurry up. Now it is 11:30pm in england and im in my room with nothin to do. Have you ever had this experience pleas tell me? 

• Brohoof 3

Community content + other stuff I have to do is usually enough to keep me occupied until the next season.

Although, sometimes when I decide to sit down and re-watch one or two episodes, I do wish the next season would arrive sooner.

• Brohoof 1

First time i watched My Little Pony was when i was bored, my friend loved the show and i always gave him grief for liking it, but then i watched 3 episodes and lay down to sleep, but my brain was shouting "Watch more ponies!", so then over the course of the next two days, i watched every episode of S1,2 and 3.

• Brohoof 2

Well I don't watch the show as much as I used to, when I first discovered it I rewatched episodes all the time but that might probably have been since there were less episodes back then and I'm terrible with picking things.

But I think I won't get bored with ponies as I love watching the new episodes and I hope it won't be like when I watched  south park and got bored of it.

Not thinking about it helps a whole lot, next thing you know the season's out and your immediate reaction is 'wutthat'sstillathing' followed by a well needed fan-gasm.

The brony community sure does help with the wait though, there's tonnes of content to sift through if you want to kill time and still do it by looking at ponies.

I think about ponies everyday, I don't think I could possibly ever get tired of ponies. Hell, I can't even ignore them, they're just so colorful and awesome. *squee*

Edited by AtDawnTheySquee

Spent part of my morning looking at videos and art done by the fans.

Then I thought of an animated music video themed around the Galloping Gala in The Best Night, Ever episode. It would involve a number with Pinkie Pie singing to Prince Blueblood sometime during the event; her voice would be Tony Bennett's, doing "Are You Having Any Fun"? The animation would be almost all new, with a slightly aged, scratchy video style suggesting the swinging era. It was suddenly all storyboarded in my head. Ideas kept coming and coming. Snowdrop would be on piano, for instance. Then I stopped and thought, "Wait...why did I just spend time thinking of something like this?" And that was another eureka moment re: this show for me.

The fandom keeps this whole pony "machine" from being boring (for me) because the work people churn out is pretty inspirational, something I wasn't expecting. Credit that to the show, which really does have layers to it. Totally normal to get ho hum about something you've seen and re-seen, so check out the works done by the fans. Some of them are great, and they'll keep coming until season 4 and beyond. 

Edited by John Mellenclop
  • Brohoof 1

Not really, no.

Partially, it's due to the fact that it's hard-pressed to get me bored of media. If I like a show, or like something in general, I am able to consume it with super human repetition. (Case en point: Final Fantasy IX, which I have played over 20 times.) And even if I don't repeat it, which I usually don't much these days, I pace myself enough so that I don't get bored of things.

You see, at any given moment, I'm doing a variety of things with my life. I'm making art, writing, preparing for college, watching Star Trek, etc... in addition to ponies. Because my life is more balanced and split amongst these things, and I'm not focusing so much on them... it makes it easy not to get bored. My interest fluctuates and jumps constantly from any given thing, changing and shifting constantly. So that too helps. 

And I would have to agree that the "pony machine" that fans produce makes it difficult to get bored. People produce so much content beyond the show that it keeps my relative enthusiasm up. I think really, the popularity of the show is kept going by the fandom and enthusiasm rather than the show itself. it is a good show, I won't deny that. But because people are SO into it and SO into producing content, it keeps itself going. It's a very active fandom from the others I've seen. There's so much pony artwork out there that I can look at, and it keeps me interested. Even a variety of pony-related episode reviews and videos. I may not be as fanatic as a few people, but it does overall keep me from getting bored. So much to consume.

Honestly, I don't think it's going to last forever. And most people will start to get bored of the show eventually when the pony machine dies down. But I'll still have the same lukewarm interest I have in it during that time. (If a little lower due to lack of enthusiasm of other fans) Because as I said, it's difficult for me personally to become bored. I just jump all over.

• Brohoof 1

I certainly can get "satisfied." That usually lasts for about a couple of days max before I check out EQD and see what's up.

Really between the ever enjoyable and revisitable episodes and the seemingly endless fan content, there's always something new and exciting! Even if it's old and mostly forgotten, I may not have seen it!

There's too much to get through, but that's not a bad thing to me. It just means there's enough to keep me hooked!

• Brohoof 1

But MLP is my break, from the rest of everything and the like. :P Plus I can watch my favourite movies over and over, it's hard for me to get bored of something I like.

• Brohoof 2

>Fandom that's gargantuan, creative on all art fronts, and active 24/7

No, not really. I feel if fandoms like Harry Potter can thrive daily when they have absolutely no new content being made, then bronies should be fully capable of appreciating, interacting with and never truly getting bored of our bloated fandom when we're in between seasons and even after the show eventually ends. There is so much awesome stuff from music to writing to art and games that you can get lost in it.

I just do not understand how people can sit there and say 'I'm losing interest' or 'I'm bored' because there's no new episodes at the moment. The show is the roots that introduce you to a world and a community opportunity. The fandom is the rest of the tree and consequential forest that grows from that first tree's seeds. One day the show will be over, and the fandom, believe it or not, will remain. People should probably get used to embracing fandom content and not just craving episodes :3

• Brohoof 2

Once a season ends, I will get bored of it until the new season premiere. So I just usually pay attention to the fan-works, and fan-fictions.

Edited by Night Light

Depends on the season for me. I absolutely adore season two and three but most of season one is a snoozefest for me. I'll never get tired of the fanbase, though

I tend to be the type of person who obsesses over something, then gets bored with it quickly. But ponies aren't the case. Because of the show and fandom and all the art music, etc.. there is aways something to do. Plus it's just too amazing to get tired of anyway. The fandom has also expanded my interests into many other types of creativity, so I could never really get "tired" of it.

I am doomed to be a pony lover forever. 

• Brohoof 1

There is always something to do in this fandom. There is loads of fan-created content you can enjoy.

To answer your question, no. I am that sort of person who can watch whatever I like a ridiculous amounts of times without getting tired of it. If I, however stayed away from ponies for a long time, I wouldn't have such a great interest in it anymore. But if I, after that period of being "not interested" started to watch ponies once again, I would probably get into it again pretty easily.

This is the second in-between Season wait I've had (the first one being from Season 2 to Season 3) so I know how you feel. Usually what I do is go on Equestriadaily for pony news, or come here once in a while to chat and make posts. You could also read fanfics too. I'm currently reading Fallout: Equestria, and I'm a little over halfway. It's damn good, I tell you. Read it if you haven't already.

And to answer your question: no, you can't really get bored of ponies. It's not quite possible.

I will never get bored of ponies, never! All the content this community produces fills in that gap between seasons. It also helps if your making something yourself, like art, music, pmv's. I do often get bored of things, it has happened a lot I take an interest in something and finish it. But ponies are different, I can't finish them. I can still improve a lot on my drawings, I have yet to produce my own music. So I would never get bored of the community part of it, but I wouldn't get bored of the episodes either. They have that magic behind them. Of course you could get bored of ponies if you rewatch every episode every day, but that's only natural. You need to take a break too, just to make sure you don't burn out on ponies. But I can actually rewatch a lot without getting bored, since I like the characters so much.

In the end, I know that I will never, and I repeat never get bored of ponies.. If I will ever get bored of ponies, then I will have lost a big part of my life.

I've found myself going back and watching old episodes. Also I've been travelling a lot lately, so there's always time for me to practice drawing ponies while sitting in airports. When I get home I'm going to start making customs. I do need a break from ponies sometimes, but I always find myself coming back to this fandom. *shrug*

I think it's only natural to go through up and down periods with fandoms. I used to be obsessed with Pokemon, but I no longer play the games anymore and I haven't kept up with it since Diamond and Pearl came out - but I'm still fond of it and I'll probably never get rid of my Lugia plushie. And the day will come when I don't watch My Little Pony anymore, too, but there's nothing wrong with enjoying being part of this fandom as long as I'm still interested in it. derpy_emoticon1.png

Of course, it's not very healthy to allow yourself to obsess too much over a fandom - I'm in college, so I definitely can't be thinking about ponies all the time. Everything in moderation.

Get bored of ponies? NEVER! I love this show so much! More than any show I've ever been fond of before! I've enjoyed it for so long already, I'm certain that I will never lose interest in it! laugh.png

• Brohoof 1

So far no, since I became interested ponies have been like my crack I have more pipes and razor blades than I ever know what to do with. Seriously though I have been obsessed with ponies ever since and am yet to really show any signs of slowing down in large part because of all the fanart and fanfics which make the waits between season much easier than most other fandoms I have been in. The wait for season 4 though is painful not because of how long it is but because of my concerns about twilicorn, I may have bashed the finale relentlessly but I want it to work more badly than I have ever wanted anything from this show.

If I ever were to get bored of ponies though at least on a long term basis it would be because the show has either ended and G5 was not as good as G4 or the show has gone downhill and the amount of fanfics and fanart has dwindled.

• Brohoof 2

I have never taken a break from ponies, or being a brony for that matter. Every single day since the 8th of December 2011 (the first time I watched the show), I have been thinking of anything other than ponies. It's basically a disease. I have called it 'Equastitis'.

Common side effects are 'pegasususususits', and 'hornitis'. In other words, you wish to be a pony.

So, no. I have never gotten bored of ponies.

• Brohoof 3