Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

Arashi No Yoru Ni. While there were some awkward moments in the pacing here and there and the way the characters interacted, I thought it was one of the best animated (okay it's an anime but you could classify it as such) movies I have ever seen. The backgrounds were so beautiful. The thing that made it though was the story. It was done in such a way that closer to the end if they had gone with a sad ending I don't think it would have taken away from it at all. Just one of those niche movies that had a unique charm to it. I definitely recommend it.

I, Robot. (2004)

It's a really good movie dine wonders by Will Smith's ability to portray the main character in a way that makes it seem like he put a lot of work into it. But this movie has poor CG along with this forced ship that I can't get behind (way too many movies have that problem, and it's irritating...). Not to mention I found this movie to halfway be a commercial with all of the product placement...

7.5/10. The novel by Isaac Asimov is a better read than this movie, but there's some enjoyment to be had here.

Edited by Santa Barik
  • Brohoof 1

Fantastic Beast and where to find them. 4th time now. It seems that the more you watch it the more you'd appreciated it more, just saying.

So now I have finished re-watching all HP/FB movies... time for FB: and The crime of Grindelwald! 

(edited)

There was 3 Movies i watched last this weekend. The first one was Deadpool and for a " groundbreaking new genre in the Superhero Movie scene ", it was actually surprisingly uneventful and boring, constant flashbacks which arent really that different from other Superheroes except for Deadpool being annoying, action scenes get interrupted pretty often by way to much slow downs and stupid commentary of jokes, that were already told in other Media, nothing felt that original and even though the fights got better at the end, Deadpool was just half boring, 3/4 annoying and only half good in total. I am still interested in seeing the Sequel because i hope they stop now with the interruptions of good scenes, just for the sake of cliched flash backs. I was excited to see this film but i expected so much more...and it just didnt deliver.

The second Movie i watched was the new non-disney junglebook movie from netflix and it was actually pretty good...well except for the part where Mogli joined the humans in their village, then i was bored out of my mind, humans are boring ! Give me more talking animals, i dont care for humans...anyway, the animations were really great and the movie overall was great in my eyes...except for maybe that one shocking sad scene...i dont think i would watch this movie twice.

The last one i watched was Arrival and just like Deadpool, it disappointed me, instead of being a science fiction movie, it just turned into a weird symbolic Romance Movie which i simply didnt care about.

Edited by Nanotek

Bohemian Rhapsody on its opening day. Saw an early showing of it and the theatre wasn't even full. I was actually surprised that it wasn't actually full, and even thought that more people would arrive closer to its actual playing. :P

Mowgli:Legend of the Jungle 7.5/10. 

Spoiler

I like the whole plot being build up in a darker version based on the book. The only thing that bugs me was the plot seems to be rushing things in the last part of the movie. It was nice ending but messy.  And don't get me started with Bhoot. (although his death was not the reason why I give this movie a 7.5) But I do feel there should be some closure for this little fella. After all the crap he have to put up with the pack and being bashed by mowgli. Mowgli is more of a whiny brat which kinda annoys me. I get it where he's coming from but c'mon really? He  whines like every time he doesn't gets his way.  

I like the movie but some parts just isn't moved enough for me to like it a lot. Like whenever there's a climax part, its like it was trying to reach to its peak but cannot get to there and then falls back down. Thus 7.5/10.

I think the only part that sticks to me the most is Bhoot's death and feeling sorry for Mowgli. But yeh if there have been some closure like a burial or something that would be nice to see. Because the way I see it,  everyone in the jungle is all crazy stressful adults, thus leaving Mowgli the only kid in the pack being stuck between. Bhoot being his ONLY friend in the jungle who understands him more than everyone. Bhoot  optimistic's personality makes him like a symbol of light for Mowgli.  With his death scene it's like the only light for Mowgli dies. So I think a closing image with that will be great. 

ButI don't think I will ever see  the Jungle book the same way again. (sniff poor bhoot.)

Edited by TBD
  • Brohoof 1

Aquaman 10/10 solid. I can't go in depth to describe how good this movie is. I mean there's so much myth, action, best moments being thrown constantly,  I have to give this movie a solid 10. The picture is great as well.  I would recommend this movie to any old or new fans for aquaman. 

FB: crime of Grindelwald 10/10

Spoiler

As being very critical movie watcher myself, I think these critics reviews are nuts!  I don't see what's the problem with this movie at all. Sure there are moments that seems dreading but the plot itself was spot on. I was getting worry they're going to show Grindelwald pulling all his magic trick, hence the title but they didn't. And I'm glad that they still keeping this character under the radar to keep him more interesting.  The whole family line bombshell was okay but kinda needs to be more dramatic.  Leta I can't seems to like much since I feels she is just there for Credence to discover himself. Only to find it not true. Thus having Leta to be killed off without any her doing anything significance. Which I'm kinda glad (I love a tragic death) and disappointed since I want to see more of her.   Despite of that,  I just love the new information being thrown at the last part of the movie. The facts more on the family line is very interesting and I can't say more to that.  Everything seems to tie more but at the same time leaving me to know more!  Nagini's character, seems a bit shaky at the moment but hey I can't wait to see more of her and how she becomes a follower of the great dark lord! My prediction is that Credence  is a son of Dumbledore's sister due to the fact he is able to outlive the obscure.

This movie is slow to build up but that's what I like about it. Like HP and the chamber of secret, it got me  anticipated  and eager to  know the truth of the mystery toward the end when it bombshell on you. That's what I like about this movie. Some may not into this kind of setting but don't listening to these critics. It's slow but it at least keep you interested to know more til the end. 

• Brohoof 1