Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Call for help with an animated short!

Sir.Flutter Hooves

Hey bronies!

Blue Moon and I are making a project off a character I made called Hope.

It started on this thread:http://mlpforums.com/topic/58662-awesome-character-idea/

We would like to make an animated short about this special pony, and we need some help.

We need an animator (Motion Spark I'm looking at you.)

We need voice actors for Hope and the OCS.

We need OC's for the project.

We need musicians, and artists!

Let's make this the next Snow Drop, and I'll dedicate it to MLP forums! C'mon let's do this!

EDIT:For OCS please no Alicorns, or crazy ones. For the ones interested I will send you a PM sometime today or tommorrow and discuss it.

/)

Edited by Sir.Flutter Hooves
  • Brohoof 6

Um, we may need to plan this out more before we make the thread. We don't have a script yet and the characters haven't been thought out yet. Not saying we shouldn't use OCs of this forum (They could be background characters.), but I think we should make characters designed for the story of Hope.

• Brohoof 2

i play deh drums, i dont know if that counts haha, i would love to voice act but im only 14, so i dont think it would sound right unless there are teenage ponies

• Brohoof 1

This seems like a massive undertaking. Do you have the final draft of the script? Character designs? Concept art? Storyboards?

How long do you intend to make this short? I hope you realize just how much time and effort goes into animating...Anything really. 

You may need a team of animators, not just one. I shudder at the thought of Motion Spark tackling it all alone, that is a massive workload.

I will however, allow you to use my OC. If need be, I can also provide his voice.

Here is a picture:

img-1420910-1-a691527e735169ddbf522b33d4

Also, here is his Bio:

"Jordo was born in Cloudsdale. He was born with a birth defect, his left wing never developed properly. He was forced to have a prothstetic left wing. Because of his wing, Jordo was a very weak flyer for a long time. When he went to flight school, he had a very tough time keeping up with the rest of the students; though he was determined to keep up. He became good friends with Cloudchaser, who helped him through flight camp. With extra help from Cloudchaser, he eventually got to the point where he could keep up with most of the Pegasus. Once he graduated Flight camp, he went to work in the weather factory. He was not the strongest flyer, and he was much better at MAKING the weather rather than managing it."

I realize he will most likely be used as eye candy in the background, but if you need to work him into the story that's okay with me. 

Edited by ~Lawful Jordo~
  • Brohoof 4

hmmm...I've never done voice acting but I've been told I'm a good actor (because that totally counts for a lot). 

So yeah, being a voice actor intrigues me and I'd love to audition/tryout/whatever.

I also play guitar (3 years) so I could play any music that would be written.

Edited by CamRad18
  • Brohoof 1

I'd love to voice act for this, or write, since I didn't like Snowdrop based on it's cheesiness to me. In addition, I play oboe, trumpet, and piano, so I could make music if someone writes it. (Working on my writing skills still.)

Keep in mind that this is a massive undertaking if you even want mediocrity  Perhaps a "drama CD" style of format would be better?

Edited by Lara Croft
  • Brohoof 1

This seems like a massive undertaking. Do you have the final draft of the script? Character designs? Concept art? Storyboards?

How long do you intend to make this short? I hope you realize just how much time and effort goes into animating...Anything really. 

You may need a team of animators, not just one. I shudder at the thought of Motion Spark tackling it all alone, that is a massive workload.

1. We have the characters, and we are working on the script as we speak.

2. I would love some more animators than just Motion Spark. It's not just gonna be a one day thing, we're trying to get people together. Thanks for the help thought.

I would be happy to lend you my OC good friend.

Do you need a voice for him?

Or do you want the OCs to be background characters?

Voice acting,i can't do,because my voice is about as

appealing as nails on a chalkboard.

I do give you permission to use my OC

so go ahead.

Looking forward to seeing this project.

Good Job Blue Moon and Sir.Flutter Hooves!!

brohoof!!

/)

1. We have the characters, and we are working on the script as we speak.

2. I would love some more animators than just Motion Spark. It's not just gonna be a one day thing, we're trying to get people together. Thanks for the help thought.

If you need any more animators I could probably help you out.

My schedule is fairly packed, but I am an experienced animator. 

I also have tons of experience with storyboards.

Just PM me if you need any help.

• Brohoof 2

I would be happy to lend you my OC good friend.

Do you need a voice for him?

Or do you want the OCs to be background characters?

Voice acting,i can't do,because my voice is about as

appealing as nails on a chalkboard.

I do give you permission to use my OC

so go ahead.

Looking forward to seeing this project.

Good Job Blue Moon and Sir.Flutter Hooves!!

brohoof!!

/)

Ok, that's great. But, do you mind if he's like a Unicorn or a pegasus? No alicorns in this animation, and thanks for the kind words!

/)

• Brohoof 1

Ok, that's great. But, do you mind if he's like a Unicorn or a pegasus? No alicorns in this animation, and thanks for the kind words!

/)

I wouldn't mind at all if he was a pegasus,just for this animation.

As long as i get a mention in the credits,i don't mind.

I would just really love to see him in something besides

my avatar.Also you are welcome for the kind words.

When the animation comes out and i see it.

I will be like,

Great Scott!!! My OC is in an animation!!

This is too epic for words!!

LOL

Good Luck and Great Idea you 2.

• Brohoof 1

I will however, allow you to use my OC. If need be, I can also provide his voice.

Here is a picture:

img-1420910-1-a691527e735169ddbf522b33d4

Yes, I agree here. We need to develop the whole thing a bit more before we start asking people. I believe Sir.Flutter Hooves is about to change the topic a bit. I don't think we are quite ready yet.

@@Sir.Flutter Hooves

Make sure to edit the post about what roles we need. Here is what we need though:

As soon as Sir.Flutter Hooves and I get the script and characters all worked out and are satisfied with it, we will need some artists to do some storyboards.

Then, once we have that, we will need a team of animators, sound effect people, more artists (Logo, Background, Setting, Characters), and composers.

We will ask for voice actors when we have all the characters worked out. We will need talented artists to make the characters. And for forum OCs, those will most likely be background ponies. But I ask this. If you are going to submit an OC, please make it normal looking. By this, I mean we will only accept OCs that look like they could be from the show. This means no crazy colors, crazy designs, bat wings, skeleton stuff, excessive jewelry, etc. Keep them simple and clean. And we won't be accepting alicorns. Sorry, but they wouldn't fit under the context of this project.

• Brohoof 3

I really like how this is going topic is going. I hate to say it, I don't think that I should voice act, but you are more than welcome to use my oc. If you want me to voice act, its up to you though.

I am also willing to help with a story board, or a script, or anything that is within my capabilities. Great job so far smile.png

Edited by TBB Symphonia
  • Brohoof 1

You can totally have Civil Sunset in this. All my permission is yours and I can voice him too, if he gets a talking role.(That would be nice.)

edit, Im also. Musician, so I can help with that. Singing is cool too.

Edited by Civil Sunset
  • Brohoof 1

I'll be happy/willing to help with the Voice Acting.

Also if you are hit by writers block I can throw some ideas out (I am good with Mystery, Drama, and Science Fiction)

Edited by Doctor Derpy
  • Brohoof 1

Hey bronies!

Blue Moon and I are making a project off a character I made called Hope.

It started on this thread:http://mlpforums.com/topic/58662-awesome-character-idea/

We would like to make an animated short about this special pony, and we need some help.

We need an animator (Motion Spark I'm looking at you.)

We need voice actors for Hope and the OCS.

We need OC's for the project.

We need musicians, and artists!

Let's make this the next Snow Drop, and I'll dedicate it to MLP forums! C'mon let's do this!

EDIT:For OCS please no Alicorns, or crazy ones. For the ones interested I will send you a PM sometime today or tommorrow and discuss it.

/)

We need to make the script before we discuss anything. We can't be asking for people when we haven't even got a story or other characters worked out yet. I'm sorry, but we need a script before we can really do anything.

• Brohoof 3

Ooh! Memememememepickmepickmepickme! biggrin.png Please enter my OC FrostDreamer in the video:

xbabfl.jpg

He's kinda like a male version of Rainbow Dash. Always courageous and willing to fight off a foe. Says "Awesome" and "totally" and stuff like that. biggrin.png And his voice sounds kinda like Vinyl Scratch's if she were a stallion. If there's anything else you need to know, just ask! smile.png

Edited by SparkBrony

I volunteer my OC Chetnik and his voice. 

DIS GON BE DA NEXT DOUBLE RAINBOOM AWW YEAH

That is... if you accept my character. img-1369822-1-UNZJLhS.png

EDIT: Link is at the top of my profile. 

I have a pretty good mic and also a pretty nice voice :lol:

I could audition for practically anybody, just hit me up with a few lines and I'll try somethin' out.

Edited by ~Хаотичан Четник~
  • Brohoof 1