Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Paradox Thread.

Stoner Spike

Paradoxes...?  

53 users have voted

1. 1. If you go back in time and kill yourself from the past, is it murder or suicide?

• Murder
    • Suicide
    • Both
    • Neither
    • Murdicide...?
  2. 2. If a barber only shaves people who don't shave themselves, what does he do?

• Shaves himself
    • Doesn't shave himself
    • Hires another barber to shave him
    • Son, I am Derp.
  3. 3. If it's night, and halfway across the globe the sun is out, is it night or day in the world?

• Night
    • Day
    • Both
    • Neither
    • JESUS.

The title says it all; here's 3 I hear often. Not sure if they're called paradoxes or not, but whatever.

I'd like to know if you guys know any good ones to confuse my friends with? ;)

Edited by Midnight

Suicide.

Hires another barber to shave him.

Both.

Do I win?

The answer to the question is no.

Unless the question is what is not the answer.

Then the answer to the question is yes.

Unless the question is what is the answer.

The Time Travel paradox isn't that hard. It's murder. Suicide means killing yourself. As in, your consciousness is killing itself. When time traveling, that you isn't really you. It's somebody else with the exact same brain as you but not your consciousness.

For the Barber one, yeah...paradox. Of course he can just be a robot who physically cannot shave rather than does not shave. HA!

As for the last one...it's not a paradox. It's both. The world is round.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's a few paradoxes:

"This statement is true. The previous statement is false."

"It is opposite day today"

"A Mars Colonist says 'All Mars Colonists are liars'."

"If you're all powerful, can you make a rock so big you can't lift it?'

"Can you exist outside of space and time yet also omnipresent?"

"Does a set of all sets that don't contain itself, contain itself?"

"I cannot tell a lie. That previous statement is true. The sky is purple."

well, with those alternatives, its kinda obvious. suicide, hires aother to shave him and both.

but for the traveling back in time and killing yourself. that would work itself out seeing as if you went back in time to kill yourself. you would die, then you couldn go back in time to kill yourself seeing as you are dead. so you would live on. if we then go by the theoy that time is constant, yay endless loop, you have destroyed time. gg. but lets say its in flux. then at one or another repetition of events you would decide not to go back in time to kill yourself. like, why would you do such a thing.

as for the barber. I have no clue why anyone would count that as a paradox at all. same goes for the day night thing.

"A Mars Colonist says 'All Mars Colonists are liars'." this one mars colonist could still be a liar even if not all are. not a paradox.

The Time Travel paradox isn't that hard. It's murder. Suicide means killing yourself. As in, your consciousness is killing itself. When time traveling, that you isn't really you. It's somebody else with the exact same brain as you but not your consciousness.

I'd give you the answer, but I don't want to spoil it. Btw, thanks for that list...can't wait for my friends to try to answer those.

For the killing poll, it's both and neither. If you go back in time and kill yourself, you killed yourself but you didn't kill yourself. You killed a person, but you didn't kill a person. You didn't kill yourself because you never existed beyond that period, and you didn't kill a person because he/she doesn't exist either.

For the killing poll, it's both and neither. If you go back in time and kill yourself, you killed yourself but you didn't kill yourself. You killed a person, but you didn't kill a person. You didn't kill yourself because you never existed beyond that period, and you didn't kill a person because he/she doesn't exist either.

Not sure if logic or mind fuck...