• QWERTZ
    • AZERTY
    • QZERTY
    • US-Dvorak
    • US-Dvorak (left hand)
    • US-Dvorak (right hand)
    • Plover
    • Other? (Please specify in post)

Oh, another thing. It was insanely hard for the first few weeks. It's akin to a stroke victim trying to relearn to speak. All the letters are right infront of you, but every. single. letter. is. an. agonizing. burden.

If you decide to switch, know that going back and forth at first will only slow you down. I'd recommend jumping in over the summer if you're a student. It took me about 2 months to get up to 50 words per minute on Dvorak, still climbing. My QWERTY was about 60.

• Brohoof 1

I've used QWERTY all my life. Even if another keyboard is better, I'm so used to QWERTY that I don't really want to make a change. I'm happy with it.

(edited)

I'm using US-QWERTY. I originally came from something quite a bit more awful, BE-AZERTY. You can complain about efficiency and speed on QWERTY, but AZERTY is the most useless layout if you aren't French and even more so if you do any kind of coding. Common keys are hidden under the ALT-GR button, which is right alt, but having to use it often is frustrating. Since I am a gamer and a programmer, using qwerty has suited me well, I do use a lot of punctuation and special characters, which just need quick access through SHIFT or just access. No nonsense. All my layouts are QWERTY now, even though the physical one on my laptop remains AZERTY.

I would say, for the poll creator, add AZERTY-BE, AZERTY-FR and QWERTY-GB. and remove the regular AZERTY

I think any European country may have their own QWERTY somewhere.

Learning a new layout takes getting used to, but it's not hard, I moved away from AZERTY and I am a happier person for it.

Edited by Vaporeon
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Talk QWERTY to me!

I grew up using it and I don't think I'd be able to make the change at this point. I like the layout of it, to be honest. Maybe I'll switch one day, but as of this moment, I'm quite satisfied. I only do light writing on it (the most I do is fanfics) so for now it's good.

Edited by Morrigan Aensland

I had no idea what Dvorak or Colemak was before reading the op :P, so needless to say, I use QWERTY. Changing to something else is probably out of the question :P

• Brohoof 1

QWERTY because it's the only type I have ever used. Since I'm not too.. excited about trying a new keyboard layout, I'm also sticking to it.

• Brohoof 1

I use all of them simultaneously somehow. You shouldn't have multi-choice options to a multiple-choice question unless it makes sense.

QWERTY.