Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Nightcore Thread

FedoraMemes

Yeah its really good :D!

I listen to quite alot of the stuff when browsing random music on youtube. A lot of the stuff I have to say, is not great though just songs sped up. Everyone know and then you get some really awesome artists that make there own stuff which is nice, or well tunes up songs.

One of my fav songs is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wfn3JVPe5AE

Now it's not really because it's remixed that well, some of the beats are just so off and so clashy its cringey at times. But the song is just ridiculously catchy, and her voice is really good :).

I love nightcore but I listen to nightstep more though. 

I don't like all nightcore or nightstep, usually listen to it when I'm playing a game and sometimes it just interferes with my concentration.

One of the most popular ones is this one, you probably know this one as well.

This one here is my favorite one, definitely a beast of a song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEat7PdbOy4

I was always curious about nightcore. The only nightcore videos I've seen so far (only a few) sound like Alvin and the Chipmunk singing whatever song it's supposed to be. Could someone post a good nightcore song? I'd like an example of this music. I hear it's popular, so I'd like to give it a chance. :)

To me, there are two different "kinds" of Nightcore. The one that focuses around high pitched voices, and the other focuses around the beat, the melody. I prefer the second type, you might like it

Nightcore is a guilty pleasure of mine. Easy accessible, simple yet highly enjoyable

Edited by Erio Touwa
  • Brohoof 2

I listen to Nightcore'd music every once in awhile but I prefer original versions of most songs usually. I'm more of a Trance, Psytrance and Hardstyle type myself as far as electronic genres go.

To me, there are two different "kinds" of Nightcore. The one that focuses around high pitched voices, and the other focuses around the beat, the melody. I prefer the second type, you might like it

Nightcore is a guilty pleasure of mine. Easy accessible, simple yet highly enjoyable

Lmao, I was literally JUST listening to the original version of this song. :lol:

I like the type of Nightcore that's more about the faster pace than the higher pitch voices. Nightcore Linkin Park is amusing to say the least.

Edited by Discordian

I like the type of Nightcore that's more about the faster pace than the higher pitch voices. Nightcore Linkin Park is amusing to say the least.

Precisely, Hardcore genres that mainly focus on speed (and doesn't go AS extreme as Speedcore) are quite rare and extremely enjoyable

Though for people who like Nightcore mostly because of the instrumentals should just get into J-Core instead. It's like Nightcore without the voice samples and much lower pitched melody

And yes, I'm throwing in this rec because J-Core is my favorite Hardcore EDM genre :V

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3Q1UnI7o8I

• Brohoof 1

This is my first time being exposed to Nightcore, and honestly, I can't take the high pitch voices seriously, they just make me laugh for some reason? However  the terror core seemed more my style, however the songs I listened to (the link above someone posted to Angerfist) just seemed to be 3-5 minutes of "DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM" Any stuff thats either slower paced or has variety would be amazing.

However I did find these two posts to be pretty freaking sweet:

throw in some growls/ pig squeals over the voices and that's metal as fuck.

I have no idea what "J-Core" is or why it involves schoolgirls, but it sounds good so I approve.

Precisely, Hardcore genres that mainly focus on speed (and doesn't go AS extreme as Speedcore) are quite rare and extremely enjoyable

Though for people who like Nightcore mostly because of the instrumentals should just get into J-Core instead. It's like Nightcore without the voice samples and much lower pitched melody

And yes, I'm throwing in this rec because J-Core is my favorite Hardcore EDM genre :V

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3Q1UnI7o8I

I'm practically genre blind, especially with subgenres, so I had no idea stuff like this existed and if I've ever heard it I wouldn't know what it was. I approve though. I love the speed.

I have no real preference for whether an electronic song has vocals or not. Usually Trance music is very atmospheric with or without it and it all sounds good so it's lead me to not be picky.

Then again, I'm the same with most music. Lyrics are inconsequential and vocals are just another instrument to my ears so whether they are there or not matters little. :lol:

• Brohoof 1

I have no idea what "J-Core" is or why it involves schoolgirls, but it sounds good so I approve.

In a way, it kind of does involve schoolgirls (though the girl in the video is clearly a ninja), since the genre kind of grew from the Otaku culture

Anyways, it's just the japanese variant of Hardcore. It focuses more around speed and melody, rather than distortion and hard hitting basslines

However, some people seem to use the term to describe ANY Hardcore artist from Japan. It's a bit stupid when artists such as Noizenecio and Roughsketch are considered J-Core :/

I'm practically genre blind, especially with subgenres, so I had no idea stuff like this existed and if I've ever heard it I wouldn't know what it was. I approve though. I love the speed.

I have no real preference for whether an electronic song has vocals or not. Usually Trance music is very atmospheric with or without it and it all sounds good so it's lead me to not be picky.

Then again, I'm the same with most music. Lyrics are inconsequential and vocals are just another instrument to my ears so whether they are there or not matters little. :lol:

Agreeing with the last part. I really view vocals as a way of adding to whatever atmosphere the band/artist is trying to achieve (except for clean non-rapped clean vocals, since that gives me the impression that the vocalist is trying to tell me something)

Anyways, throwing in my favorite J-Core track because reasons >3<

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwL4Jl5alY0

Edited by Erio Touwa
  • Brohoof 1

In a way, it kind of does involve schoolgirls (though the girl in the video is clearly a ninja), since the genre kind of grew from the Otaku culture

Anyways, it's just the japanese variant of Hardcore. It focuses more around speed and melody, rather than distortion and hard hitting basslines

However, some people seem to use the term to describe ANY Hardcore artist from Japan. It's a bit stupid when artists such as Noizenecio and Roughsketch are considered J-Core :/

Agreeing with the last part. I really view vocals as a way of adding to whatever atmosphere the band/artist is trying to achieve (except for clean non-rapped clean vocals, since that gives me the impression that the vocalist is trying to tell me something)

I think Imma have to check out more of this J-Core stuff. It seems like it'll be able to satisfy my addiction to speed and cleverly melodic beats. :lol:

I've listened to it a few times. Can be good. Really like Moonlight Shadow. But I don't really listen to it that often. I usually don't like that type of music either. But I mostly listen to it if I'm really bored and have used up the rest of my options.

• Brohoof 1

That song is amazing! I am definitely looking up more of this, and will probably make a cd for my truck, and when my friends ask I can tell them what j-core actually is, so thanks for the info!!

• Brohoof 1

I think Imma have to check out more of this J-Core stuff. It seems like it'll be able to satisfy my addiction to speed and cleverly melodic beats. :lol:

Yay, though one last note: If you ever even try to look up J-Core, the first name you'll ever stumble across is DJ Sharpnel. They are really the godfathers of the genre, but.... they focus a lot around vocal samples. Not high pitched, but just stuff taken from Anime and such

Stuff like Umbrella and DJ Noriken, while still J-Core, is more of a watered down version of the original stuff. 

Joshka is really underrated in my opinion, worth checking out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24GvPT3Sa8U

Also, J-Core is a very regional scene, getting hold of it is... a bit difficult

That song is amazing! I am definitely looking up more of this, and will probably make a cd for my truck, and when my friends ask I can tell them what j-core actually is, so thanks for the info!!

Glad you liked it, J-Core is really a genre I rarely get to talk about, so it's always fun to see people enjoying it

• Brohoof 2

Yay, though one last note: If you ever even try to look up J-Core, the first name you'll ever stumble across is DJ Sharpnel. They are really the godfathers of the genre, but.... they focus a lot around vocal samples. Not high pitched, but just stuff taken from Anime and such

Stuff like Umbrella and DJ Noriken, while still J-Core, is more of a watered down version of the original stuff. 

Joshka is really underrated in my opinion, worth checking out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24GvPT3Sa8U

Also, J-Core is a very regional scene, getting hold of it is... a bit difficult

Glad you liked it, J-Core is really a genre I rarely get to talk about, so it's always fun to see people enjoying it

Haven't you posted that Gurren Lagann video before?

More J music needs to make it outside of Japan. The little j-rock and j-pop we get is usually in video games or anime. I imagine all the good stuff is hidden away behind the impenetrable wall that is the Japanese internet. :P

Haven't you posted that Gurren Lagann video before?

More J music needs to make it outside of Japan. The little j-rock and j-pop we get is usually in video games or anime. I imagine all the good stuff is hidden away behind the impenetrable wall that is the Japanese internet. :P

The chances are very high that I have, it's the first DJ Sharpnel song that comes to mind

Yea, the Japanese really knows how to make music, everything from Screamo to Indie to Hardcore EDM, they know their shit. It's a shame their stuff is so regional ;_;

Anyways, I'm going to post Italo-dance here. It's quite similar to Nightcore, almost feels like the predecessor of Nightcore

This is my biggest guilty pleasure

Also, shit like DJ Melodie is quite Nightcore-ish but without the speed. Qualifies for this thread

Edited by Erio Touwa
  • Brohoof 1

I'm not much of a fan of Nightcore, but if there's a Nightcore version of a song I like, I'll give it a listen.

Some sound terrible-- comparable to Alvin and the Chipmunks. Then others manage to sound better than the original version of the song.

I'd still like to give nightcore another chance. 

Though it's been hard to get into it, especially how the weeboo girl at my school won't stop fangirling about how good nightcore is and all of this annoying stuff. She already gives me a headache besides that, even for other things I'm a fan of, so there's still hope for nightcore.

Haha talk away, I just tried looking it up and it was a bit difficult, I literally had no idea what I was doing. :blink:  

Still, I think discovering the little golden nuggets of the genre will be fun, it takes me back to when I was new to finding 'underground' deathcore/ slam metal bands! :yay:

I'm not much of a fan of Nightcore, but if there's a Nightcore version of a song I like, I'll give it a listen.

Some sound terrible-- comparable to Alvin and the Chipmunks. Then others manage to sound better than the original version of the song.

I'd still like to give nightcore another chance. 

Though it's been hard to get into it, especially how the weeboo girl at my school won't stop fangirling about how good nightcore is and all of this annoying stuff. She already gives me a headache besides that, even for other things I'm a fan of, so there's still hope for nightcore.

This brings up an interesting point: Is there any such thing as a song made in Nightcore that's not originally a song elsewhere? I thought Nightcore was defined by speeding up the BPM of a song and adding some techno sounds in the background or something but what do I know? Genre definitions are sometimes lost on me. :lol:

If that is indeed the case then is it possible for Nightcore as a subgenre to surpass anything since it's only building on the legacy of other music more than anything else?

The chances are very high that I have, it's the first DJ Sharpnel song that comes to mind

Yea, the Japanese really knows how to make music, everything from Screamo to Indie to Hardcore EDM, they know their shit. It's a shame their stuff is so regional ;_;

Anyways, I'm going to post Italo-dance here. It's quite similar to Nightcore, almost feels like the predecessor of Nightcore

This is my biggest guilty pleasure

Also, shit like DJ Melodie is quite Nightcore-ish but without the speed. Qualifies for this thread

I missed the second video. I usually see Faster Faster listed under Trance playlists so now I'm confused. Is it one of those songs that transcends some genres and mixes them or do people just have it wrong?

I've heard both that and a Nightcore version of it.

I missed the second video. I usually see Faster Faster listed under Trance playlists so now I'm confused. Is it one of those songs that transcends some genres and mixes them or do people just have it wrong?

I've heard both that and a Nightcore version of it.

Yea, it's trance, but it's a bit high pitch vocal oriented, so I thought it might cut out for this thread *shrug*

Haha talk away, I just tried looking it up and it was a bit difficult, I literally had no idea what I was doing. :blink:  

Still, I think discovering the little golden nuggets of the genre will be fun, it takes me back to when I was new to finding 'underground' deathcore/ slam metal bands! :yay:

I know that feel. There are a few good places on Youtube to start: Otakuoverdrive's channel and DESTINY681's channel (however, both channels are kind of inactive right now)

Oh, well carry on then. Still not sure if the definition I mentioned is all that Nightcore is or if that's just the popular stuff cuz it's fairly easy to produce.

Not entirely sure what you're asking, but if it's the definition: Nightcore is basically Dance oriented Trance music (So NOT progressive or chill oriented Trance) with high pitched vocals and melody and a higher BPM

I guess it's so popular because it is like you said, easy to produce. But it's very catchy at the same time

Not entirely sure what you're asking, but if it's the definition: Nightcore is basically Dance oriented Trance music (So NOT progressive or chill oriented Trance) with high pitched vocals and melody and a higher BPM

I guess it's so popular because it is like you said, easy to produce. But it's very catchy at the same time

Ah, so it's more than just song remixes. I was once told that Nightcore is just music that had the BPM sped up and with a few other things thrown in there to make it sound electronic. It doesn't help that a LOT of Nightcore is actually that. :lol:

I know that feel. There are a few good places on Youtube to start: Otakuoverdrive's channel and DESTINY681's channel (however, both channels are kind of inactive right now)

Sweet, lol I'm actually fixing to head to a concert so it'll be later tonight before I can check 'em out, but I'll definitely hit up both channels, and besides usually inactive channels give some hints to other channels that are still active, so not too big of an issue there!