Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How long would a human survive in Equestria

TheMarkz0ne

(edited)

You have no weapons. You only have the clothes on your back. You have to find a means of survival. You also must face many monsters. Such as changelings, lions, dragons, hydras and other creatures. Who knows maybe the ponies might be hostile towards you.  Changelings can trap you in green muk, but you might be able to break free since humans aren't magical and it wouldn't power you down in anyway. So how long would survive in Equestria before dying?

I'm talking about fairly recent human beings. I would say any human from 1980 to 2013

Edited by TheMarkz0ne
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Hmmm, it all depends how the regular ponies are going to act towards you really. And what about all the indigenous peoples and those living in economically deprived/corrupt areas? What difference would it make?

Edited by Paspie

Depends on the experience you have in the wild, If it was me in the wild then I would probably go on shelter and if the ponies are "hostile" then I would be somewhere away from society.

If it was ME trapped in Equestria I wouldn't last that long concidering I dont have any outside world experience.

Very long. About the same if not longer than most ponies.

People are adaptable and it's not like Equestria is some hostile planet where the air is chlorine and all water is full of mercury and lead.

There's plenty of plants to eat, and as long as you're smart and live in the safer environments the ponies do.. It shouldn't be too difficult. There are places on Earth more dangerous.

• Brohoof 4

It would depend on a lot of things-for example, how big are you in relation to the other creatures? If the size differential is the same as ponies here, I'd say you'd do o.k. Do we, in fact speak the same language as them-can we communicate?

As long as you can build a relationship with the ponies you'd probably be o.k. If not, you're going to be hosed in very short order.

(edited)

Never doubt humanity's ability to adapt. There would be ways to not only survive, but thrive.

I imagine it would depend on whether or not they run into a hostile creature (which could be outsmarted if the person knows what they're doing), and on how friendly the ponies they run into are. If they can integrate well enough into society, they'd have little to nothing to worry about. There'd be edible food, drinkable water, places to call home; really, the only problem would be getting used to the change.

I'd probably say the biggest threat to a human would be Lyra.

lyra_sees_a_human_wallpaper_by_docbullet

Edited by Yosef von Uzenvard
  • Brohoof 3

I can't imagine the ponies becoming remotely hostile towards humans. Heck they are living together with dragons, alligators, gryphons, etc. and even are able to act friendly to so called "monsters" such as the manticore (see fluttershy).

I highly doubt they would have any interest in hunting another sapient, talking and emotion-capable creature. You probably more likely would be subject to a lot of attraction, interest and questions.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Depends on what universe you end up in of MLP FIM.

If you ended up in Human hating Ponies of the Conversion Bureau universe they will kill you on sight by turning you into a slave minded Pony, that would kill their own family and friends that refuse to be converted.

If you ended up in a canon like Equestria and you're a good person they treat you nice just like they would treat anyone else. And somepony may feel sorry for you being the only member of your species here, so they may want you be your special somepony or find one for you.

Hey, it's xenophilia like dating a sapient alien!

Edited by Rush

Well if they could find Ponyville they should be okay right? I mean why would the ponies be hostile towards them? The mane 6 certainly wouldn't at least.

My friend, The part about FiM ponies they don't tell us is their ravenous appetite for human flesh. Why else is our species absent?

(edited)

About 2 seconds. They don't mention it in the show itself, but the atmosphere is almost entirely carbon monoxide, and those mutant horses have no trouble breathing that stuff.

Edited by DusK
  • Brohoof 1

They wouldn't really survive long unless the ponies showed their hospitality. Plus, their atmosphere does not have the same oxygen contents that we have.

Well, ponies might be a bit put off at first, but I think that after a while, they would accept the existence of a human in their world. I mean, they have a lot of monsters in Equestria.

It truly depends. If it was someone who has a lot of outside-world experience (I don't mean Bear Grylls experience, since he has a crew follow him everywhere), and follows the principle of restraint, such as not eating every bush or plant you see. Then I'd think a human could survive quite a while.

If the ponies were hostile towards you, it'd be about three times harder, since they make up most of the 'world' seemingly. The changelings would probably use you for food, UNLESS they felt pity (unlikely as it is) because you're in a position similar to them.

Any other creature would probably attack you on sight.

So, it truly DOES depend on the environment. If ponies attack you on sight, it'l be much harder. You have a slim chance of being HELPED by the changelings, and most other natural creatures would probably attack you. So it's hard to say.

Based on calculation. A day to a lifetime. Variables include: Experience, Patience, Restraint, Allies, Intuitiveness, and many others.

This all depends on some big factors:

1. Can I seek shelter with the ponies?

2. Am I in a particularly heavy monster zone? Because people, if you get stuck near a hungry Manticore? Game Over. Even worse if it's a changeling.

Essentially, you live until a monster of reasonable size and speed decides to have you for dinner. Or until the ponies take you in for shelter.

This all depends on some big factors:

1. Can I seek shelter with the ponies?

2. Am I in a particularly heavy monster zone? Because people, if you get stuck near a hungry Manticore? Game Over. Even worse if it's a changeling.

Essentially, you live until a monster of reasonable size and speed decides to have you for dinner. Or until the ponies take you in for shelter.

I don't know if you'll be able to take shelter with the ponies. They were scared of Zecora because she was different, but I think they learned their lesson.

• Brohoof 2

Ends up taking shelter with ShowDerpy!

...Until she by accident cloudzaps me to death.

"I just don't know what went wrong."

*Here lies a dead Rickard*

They wouldn't really survive long unless the ponies showed their hospitality. Plus, their atmosphere does not have the same oxygen contents that we have.

Wait since when is it confirmed that the oxygen is different. I never heard of such a thing. Did someone tweet this or get it from the writers 

• Brohoof 1

Being unaffected by magic seems rather arbitrary seeing as you are in a magical land so it doesn't make much sense that magic wouldn't affect you. And exactly what kind of survival are we talking about? Are we talking about just finding a job in ponyville and finding a place to live, and things to eat, or are we talking about facing dangers everyday?

If the former, I'd say indefinitely, that is until my lifespan is over, or some major tragedy befalls ponyville. If the latter, I don't know, it's really hard to say because the variables are so ambiguous.

Id say I could survive quite a long time,  but I would probly feel more at home in the forest.     With luck maybe the locals will speak English,  or would they speak  equestrian?  

Well,it would depend on where they start out.They'll probaly die instantly if they start out in the everfree forest,but if they start out in Ponyville or some other city/town they could survive with the ponies who accept you and not try to kill you or something.

I don't know if you'll be able to take shelter with the ponies. They were scared of Zecora because she was different, but I think they learned their lesson.

I think there's a difference between a Zebra, which is pretty horse like and a full blown Human. I mean we must look like monsters.

• 3 weeks later...

With all the different animals shown in Equestria, including more human-bodied ones like minotaurs, I don't know if it would be *that* difficult for humans to integrate.  I doubt that they'd kick us out on site, at least.  There's plenty of food to be had, though you'd probably have to become entirely vegetarian by necessity (I'd probably end up overloading on baked goods). 

And if everything else and we're totally shunned by Pony society, we could shack up with Lyra.