Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do your parents know you're a brony?

defaultremix

Do your parents know your a brony?  

830 users have voted

1. 1. Do your parents know your a brony?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other

Do my folks know? Yes. Do they know that there's a "title" for it? I doubt it.  I have a slow, but steady collection of ponies going on. Have they seen it? Don't know. Are they worried about me? It wouldn't surprise me if they were just a tiny bit as they expressed their views of this being a "cult" to which I laughed. I have a girly girl friend who likes to play games full of blood and gore like DOOM.

I don't see how that's any different than a guy being a fan and enjoying their love for a show of pastel coloured ponies and their adventures, that is so unbelievebly messed up (Season 5 ep 1-2 anyone) it's awesome!

• 1 year later...

My mum doesn't know. She knows I draw ponies but I draw anyway, and I think she just assumes it's a bit like enjoying drawing manga, if you know what I mean. I still have a lot of merchandise from when my sister and I were in to my little pony aged 7 and 4; I got back in to it a few years later, as a pegasister! (But I don't use all the merchandise, actually.)

I don't think my mum would mind my liking mlp (although she might think it a bit odd) but I think she would mind the fact that I was watching mlp on the laptop when I said I was using google translate for a project I was doing for fun. (I did use it for that a bit as well!)

My mum doesn't like technology much, so we don't have TV, and I'm mostly meant to use the laptop and my phone for work and emergencys, which I do, most of the time!

So, no, my mum doesn't know I'm a brony. Maybe I'll tell her at some point, but not right now!

One of my friends knows though, and she's fine with it.

To be honest nobody knows that I'm a brony and because I know my parents very deeply I have concluded that it would be best to keep my brony identity a total secret. It's just my parents would likely panic over it and tell people that I'm a brony without me wanting those people to know. :)

• Brohoof 1

My parents don't need to know this shit. They don't need to know anything unless it will actually affect them.

Even if I told them, they most likely wouldn't give a shit and tell me to find my own stuff to like anyway.

Edited by Yakamaru
  • Brohoof 1

I think My Mom knows that I am a Brony (More like a fan of MLP) but She is fine with that.

My dad Doesn't know that I am a Brony but I don't want to tell him.

Edited by Zachary

Yes my family knows.

They found out after I put up some of the vinyl figures on my computer desk. That started a apparent tradition from my little brothers gifting me some pony every Christmas for the last couple years :P 

• Brohoof 1

My parents know I'm a brony, and absolutely hate it. They are pretty much doing everything they can to keep me out of the fandom, including smashing my $200 laptop that I won. So I still have to hide everything pony-related from them.

20 hours ago, Radience said:

No they don't. And its going to stay that way as long as I can keep it. 

I think the same way over this. Only my nephew knows.

• Brohoof 1

Sure they do. They used to buy me pony stuff as birthday and Christmas presents so they seemingly had nothing against it. Although for now they probably see it as a passing phase since MLP hasn't come up in conversations in a pretty long while.

• 2 years later...

Maybe, but I dont think so, we never talked about it. I dont go to my parents and say  "hey I´m a brony", but I dont really try to hide it. I play MLP Music when they are in the same room but they never asked me about it. Most people dont know it I just tell them if they ask.

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, my parents know. They don’t care :P

They don’t even know the MLP fandom exists. They think I’m just a random girl who watches ponies. 

• Brohoof 2

Unfortunately, l never tell to my parents that l am a brony, because if l ever tell them that l like My Little Pony, they will hate me for that and my life will be turned into depression. So, l'm very scared. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Yes. My room has some MLP figures etc. Nobody cares - I watch what I want to watch, though they think I wasted money by paying over 100EUR for a doll (Kotobukiya Twilight Sparkle figure), but other than that it doesn't matter. Even then, they know it's my money and if it wasn't the figure it may be yet another tape deck or something.

Edited by Pentium100
  • Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Lucky Bolt said:

Yeah they know I watch the show. I don't care and they don't care. :laugh:

Didn’t you say that your dad was a secret Applejack fan and that your uncle may be a closet brony :yay:?

• Brohoof 1