• Classical
    • Blues
    • Pop
    • Other (Explain)
    • Alternative
    • Country
    • Folk

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everypony! I was just wondering what everyponys favorite kind of music is and why do you love that kind of music?

Mine is partly Rock/Calm music ( As i don't know what music genre Dead By April is ) I also love and retro but my absolute favorite must be Calm music. My absolute favorite song is " Great to be Different by PutTrustInFate!

• Brohoof 2

i don't know what music genre Dead By April is

Death Metal. Melodic Death Metal to be specific.

And I really don't like just one genre. I love loads of styles.

This is just a small list of some of them:

-Post-hardcore

-Melodic Death Metal

-Alt. Rock

-Alt. Metal

-Ambient

-Drum 'n' bass

-Electronica

-Experimental

-Pop rock

-Industrial

-Nu metal

And of course a whole lot more.

• Brohoof 1

Mostly:

Rock

Hard Rock

Southern Rock

Black Metal

Nu Metal

Industrial

Ambient

Dubstep- nothing to mainstream, like I really don't like Skrillex

Drumstep

electro

Show Tunes

Techno

Rock Balled

Acoustic

Edited by Sharp Staccato

Oh, I listen to so many different types of music. Let see...

Heavy metal

Thrash metal

Death metal

Melodic Death metal

Black Metal

Folk Metal

Metal-core

Progressive metal

Rock

It's hard to explain why I like these genres. For some reason, I really dislike "happy" songs. I prefer music which is brutal, sad, aggressive and/or depressing. Besides heavy music I like listening to some symphonic stuff sometimes(Mozart, Beethoven etc.)

Chiptune

Death Metal

Doom Metal

Speed Metal

Thrash Metal

Progressive Metal

Metalcore

Electro

Dubstep

Electronica

Electro Swing

Drum 'n' Bass

Nerdcore Rap

Polka

Show Tunes (you got a problem with that?)

Rock

J-Rock

J-Pop

Country (but only from before the 70's)

Orchestral

Punk

K-Pop

Swing

etc...

Basically, anything that isn't mainstream. Or Pop music in general. (the only exceptions are if it's asian/pony-related/videogame-related).

Edited by Invader Critical Doompants

My favorite kind of music? That's a hard one... (that's what she said) but i'm gonna have to say music like this

I don't really know the name of the genre. But yeah, that ^

Basically, anything that isn't mainstream. Or Pop music in general. (the only exceptions are if it's asian/pony-related/videogame-related).

Dupstep isn't mainstream?

Edited by ChuniaC

Dubstep- nothing to mainstream, like I really don't like Skrillex or Deadmou5

I swear, if someone calls deadmau5 dubstep ONE MORE TIME

My favorite kind of music? That's a hard one... (that's what she said) but i'm gonna have to say music like this

I don't really know the name of the genre. But yeah, that ^

This is called electro-swing. Great stuff, imo

My favorite genre at the moment is electronic and a good bit of its sub-genres. Especially deadmau5 (WHO ISN'T DUBSTEP)

Edited by bluetrace
  • Brohoof 1

Basically, anything that isn't mainstream.

Lol, hipster. :P

Okay thank you! Well then i can at least tell my friends what music i really like! :D Cause i had problems telling people what my favorite music genre is :)

Yo, you're welcome! Helping with the music genres is letterONE's speciality! I know almost every single music style ever. :3

Dubstep- nothing to mainstream, like I really don't like Skrillex or Deadmau5*

.......Deadmau5 ain't dubstep. Where did you hear that?!?

And I'm glad someone else doesn't like Skrillex. Kinda surprising, actually.

I don't exactly have a favorite genre and I don't normally go into subgenres all that much, but I personally like Rap/Hip-Hop, Rock/Metal (Nu Metal*Slipknot*, Metalcore, Deathcore, I think I have some alternative? Subgenres are not for me.), EDM (Dubstep, D&B, House, Techno, Electro, Jump/Hardstyle)

I'm sorry I mistakenly put Deadmou5 in the dubstep genre.

.......Deadmau5 ain't dubstep. Where did you hear that?!?

And I'm glad someone else doesn't like Skrillex. Kinda surprising, actually.

My friend told me that. SO I will now be editing that post to make me seem like less of an idiot then I already am...

Whilst I have taken a liking to alot of music, I was never really interested in music until my ears were graced with the magic that was Power Metal. I'd have to admit Dragonforce are probably the sole reason I even discovered heavy metal in the first place.

So I pretty much enjoy every genre of rock/metal now, and don't listen to so much power metal anymore, but it is still the genre of music that I go back to when I want to listen to purely awesome fast paced music, so probably deserves the title of my favourite genre.

I'm sorry I mistakenly put Deadmou5 in the dubstep genre.

My friend told me that. SO I will now be editing that post to make me seem like less of an idiot then I already am...

Blah, you're not an idiot.....your friend just has no idea what they are talking about. :lol: He did do a song with Skrillex once, but I've only seen that one. Might be others and that may be where he got it from, idk.
  • Brohoof 1

Dont really have a favourite genre, but i mostly listen to trance, metal and some old rock.

Im very picky when it comes to music, so i dont have any favourite artists either. Ussualy when i find a good band, i download their entire discography and after listening to it i pick out a few good songs. Everything else ends up in the recycle bin :)

Trance - i mostly stick with Eminence. I know they arent the artists themselves, but they pick out true quality, and i love their taste:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4btnHuvGDs

Metal and rock - most of what i like i've already posted in Crispy's metal thread. In short, metal which isnt just mindless pounding and in which you can actually understand the lyrics. Thats why i dislike otherwise popular bands like Slipknot, Cannibal Corpse etc.

For some reason, metal like this makes me feel powerfull and awesome.

Other bands i listen to:

-Amon Amarth

-Godsmack

-Iron Maiden

-Metallica (I like their new stuff too)

-Black Sabbath

-Manowar

-Nightwish

-Evanesence

I listen to a bit of everything but the genres I prefer would be:

Alternative Rock (Coldplay, One Republic)

Synth-pop (Owl City)

Rap (only brony rap though because pretty much all other rap songs are about drugs/bitches/sex etc)

Eurobeat

A bit of dubstep (not anything too hardcore though)

This conveniently popped into my mind

I quite dislike Daft Punk though, they are the second most overrated artists imo, after Tiesto.

Also on topic, Trance. Every subgenre of it, albeit I prefer psytrance the least, and anthem trance the most.

I like hard rock/heavy metal, mostly more modern stuff like Avenged Sevenfold, System of a Down, Shinedown, Disturbed, Three Days Grace, Linkin Park, Slipknot, and many more. I also like more classic stuff like AC/DC, Guns 'n Roses, Journey, Bon Jovi, Nirvana, and Metallica. I'm also into some alternative style rock too like AFI and 30 Seconds to Mars. So yeah, mostly rock and metal type stuff for me.

And as for why, dunno, it's just kind of the stuff I've always enjoyed listening to the most.

Edited by (\SBB64/)

I like any genre as long as the song is well put together and has a good melody, but recently been listening to electronic mainly due to the beat and because it reminds me of old school video game music.