Are you in a relationship?  

599 users have voted

1. 1. Are you in a relationship?

• Single
    • Dating
    • It's complicated
    • Engaged
    • Married

I hadn't had a girlfriend for the first nineteen years of my life, but all of a sudden I found love a few months ago. Somehow I'm lucky enough that, for some reason, she loves me back. And it turns out that love is pretty much every bit as great as I'd imagined it and then some.

I can't really go into details because she likes her privacy, but she's a member on this board, and that's how we met.

Been in a solid relationship for the last 5 months now, its been utterly fantastic so far and I'm just so happy to have someone like her. Despite having some great friends around me prior to the start of my relationship I was started to feel more and more isolated and a bit lonely but I finally managed to pluck up the courage and it's been extremely fun and positive ever since.

It's funny as I don't think either of us saw it coming, we had a few outings on our own where other friends had cancelled and we managed to just connect together. She seems very happy and I know I am so all is well and truly good! 

• Brohoof 2

I did have a girlfriend but apparently tricking someone that your on drugs doesn't turn out well.... ( I know that sentence makes me sound like a Jerk, but it isn't as it seems, me and friend was messing around on facebook saying we were on drugs on this chat where our social group hangs ( I know drugs are a serious thing, Wait? brackets in brackets? brackeption!) and she saw it and thought I was being serial, she dumped me without saying anything on the matter...

Right now though I'm single and would prefer to stay that way, I'd rather Concentrate on School work now and worry about relationships later!

I feel like I work too much to interact with people in general, let alone maintain a proper relationship.  52-60 hour weeks tend to take the social aspect out of you.

But no, I haven't had a girlfriend in quite some time.

It seems I am the only "It's complicated" vote so far. I'm kinda sorta in an online relationship with someone, but I haven't heard from them in awhile. It's been kinda shaky. I don't put a lot of stock into relationships though, so I'm fine being single if it comes to that. In fact, I know a girl who's a brony that I've wanted to ask out for awhile.

Don't worry man. Ask her :) Maybe she's looking for that special some-brony :yay:

I know I am but I have no chances with anyone :( But I'm okay with that. And besides, I'm still 15 and I don't need to set my mind into things like that.

Don't worry man. Ask her :) Maybe she's looking for that special some-brony :yay:

I know I am but I have no chances with anyone :( But I'm okay with that. And besides, I'm still 15 and I don't need to set my mind into things like that.

Nah, I've missed my chance. I've kind of given up on the whole relationship thing anyway. I'm flying solo these days. I'm like a one man wolf pack.

• Brohoof 1

I choose to stay single for a while...all my past relationships never went too well. 
I feel that most guys have no idea how to treat a girl, and they never consider your feelings as one. I hate inconsiderate men, or those who can't make up their mind whether they like me or not. If they really love you, it wouldn't be so hard.
So I shall remain this for the time being :3 
V

Edited by Nature Of Fluttershy
  • Brohoof 1

I choose to stay single for a while...all my past relationships never went too well. 

I feel that most guys have no idea how to treat a girl, and they never consider your feelings as one. I hate inconsiderate men, or those who can't make up their mind whether they like me or not. If they really love you, it wouldn't be so hard.

V

I'm on the opposite end of this. I don't really feel like I can give a girl enough for a relationship to last long. Oh I can give her attention and devotion and treat her like a queen but I can't promise a future or any sort of fiscal stability either and I don't feel that's fair to her, especially if she does have a job or career and is working towards a future.

OH GOD I NEED A MAN *SOBSOBSOBSOB*

I'm single. And I really wish I wasn't. Because I'm really lonely. And I just want someone to hug me and love me and tell me I'm special. ;_____________;

It really isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Most of the time they're lying when they say "I love you", "You're perfect", etc.

Humans are awful creatures. Which is why I stick to myself. It took me 9 relationships to realize that.

• Brohoof 1

V

Dont let yourself get knocked out, you're only 15 years old, its really harsh to see younglings see most things as a finished chapter so early, makes me sad really.

I am 23, never been in a relationship, if one feels horrible at one self, look at me, i dont mind, i have chosen my lifestyle, i am too sheltered to take part in another person. My love for games and design is greater than anything in my head.

V

Don't worry you just haven't found the right guy yet. I should know I haven't found the right girl yet. I'm sure you'll find the right guy some day.

Don't worry you just haven't found the right guy yet. I should know I haven't found the right girl yet. I'm sure you'll find the right guy some day.

I think it's more accurate to say that it's possible that one will change themselves in a way that will allow them to accept a certain type of person in their life. The idea that there is a "right" person, especially if you believe in just one right person, is really only limiting your options and in many cases (not naming names) it puts more pressure on an unknown other person to meet your expectations instead of improving yourself to increase your odds of having choices instead of being stuck with one specific type of person as a "right" guy/girl.

But don't listen to me. I'm just a crazy ranter who tends to go way off topic way too often. :lol:

>implying relationships
I was in one for about a week, until a mutual friend told me that he was using me to get a popular girl. Woop de fuckin' do.
I think I'll stay single for a while.

I have girlfriend, but her parents don't like me. I don't know why, because I'm not very creepy or something. Well, I have pink hair, but that can't be so horrible, right? Someponies says that they hate me because I'm a girl, but I don't understand why. She is a girl to, and they don't hate her! :(

I have girlfriend, but her parents don't like me. I don't know why, because I'm not very creepy or something. Well, I have pink hair, but that can't be so horrible, right? Someponies says that they hate me because I'm a girl, but I don't understand why. She is a girl to, and they don't hate her! :(

There are still a lot of people in the world who do not approve of homosexual relationships, especially in people who are young like yourself (assuming your profile age is correct)

It may not be that they don't like you more that they might not approve of the relationship.

But I don't know enough about the situation to really say for sure so take what I say with a grain of salt.

• Brohoof 2

I hate inconsiderate men, or those who can't make up their mind whether they like me or not.

Very few people both male and female really know what they want at that age, they are in the middle of puberty and are still figuring themselves out. When I was that age while I didn't string girls along I was not very good relationship material due both to the fact that I was an emotional train wreck and that my hormones had such a hold on me that I probably would have slept with any girl that gave me the slightest bit of attention. This is not to say that there aren't guys that are inconsiderate or to excuse their behavior, but it is merely to say that you are still fairly young and have plenty of time to find someone who is right for you.

Nnnnnnope, I don't have girlfriend right now but I am not getting too discouraged because there is a woman who is right for me I just haven't found her yet.

Thats it! I feel the same

The only problem I have: I already have a girlfriend! :/

Its hard to be on a date while thinking: 'there could be the perfect woman somewhere out there'