Are you in a relationship?  

599 users have voted

1. 1. Are you in a relationship?

• Single
    • Dating
    • It's complicated
    • Engaged
    • Married

I'm still single and it doesn't bother me to be honest.

I noticed that since januar I'm not in love  with anyone anymore.

I'm wondering if I ever fall in love again, currently it looks like there is no one good enough

out there for me.

I've been single for 3 1/2 years. My last relationship ended pretty bad, and it hurt me socially in school. All my progress to become more socially active was for naught when I was set back into square 1. I just didn't associate with anyone after that.

I haven't felt the need, or want for a relationship since. I've adapted to going solo. I prefer solitude anyways.

Edited by Tomoko Kuroki
  • Brohoof 1

OH GOD I NEED A MAN *SOBSOBSOBSOB*

I'm single. And I really wish I wasn't. Because I'm really lonely. And I just want someone to hug me and love me and tell me I'm special. ;_____________;

• Brohoof 2

OH GOD I NEED A MAN *SOBSOBSOBSOB*

I'm single. And I really wish I wasn't. Because I'm really lonely. And I just want someone to hug me and love me and tell me I'm special. ;_____________;

Sometimes I wish I wasn't single but the best thing to do is to just wait for the right one to come and not let it bother you too much. I'm sure you'll find one eventually.

I've been in a longlasting and beautiful relationship with myself for as long as I can remember. I never get into arguments with myself, I also know what to cook for dinner, and looking into my reflection is such a treat for myself as it is for everyone I come in contact with.

Nightmarity (Smushins.) is the one for me and nobody and I mean nobody will ever compare to her. All my derps, slips,falls and sometimes complete utter stupidity baffles her but she sticks by me and helps me where I need it.  Even though shes across the pond in the U.K and i'm in Canada I know one day we'll be together.

This is our song.

And together we're shipped as Rarijack
30075.png?1338745786

I love you Puddin' <3
  • Brohoof 1

I'm at that age where I'm beginning to have feeling for girls, but I choose not to approach them. Besides being anti-social, I feel like my emotional problems would be a terrible burden on any of the girlfriends I have. Still, I am pretty lonely but I'm glad I've got others besides girlfriends to talk to and hangout with.

I am sooooooo single. Oh man.

Part of it is due to the fact that I was spoiled with the loss real relationship that I was in. He was my best friend, soul mate, and we trusted each other with everything. Unfortunately he just wasn't mature enough at the time to be able to act like a good boyfriend and we fought too much.

I really want a boyfriend, but I'm waiting to meet someone that I feel comfortable with. I haven't really felt that with the last 5 or 6 guys that have expressed interest in me. I think I'm just done with the boys in my town. I leave for college in a few weeks, So I hope to find someone there.

I'm single and honestly I'm not sure if I want someone right now.  I'd rather focus on my job, making money, and moving out.  Don't judge me, but I'm 22 and I still living with my Mom and Step dad.  Then again finding a place nowadays isn't really that easy. especially if you're making 7.90 an hour at walmart. :(

Pretty sure I've posted here before, or something like this.

No, I'm not. I probably won't be for a long time either considering my financial situation (no job) and living situation (still with mom because I can't afford an apartment with zero income). I doubt I could give anyone the attention they deserve since I don't even have a phone that allows for unlimited texts or calls to stay in contact beyond email or messengers.

Haven't been in a relationship for over three years now and I suspect that the situation won't change for at least another four or five years if not more.

Oh well, I guess in the end I'd rather have very few meaningful relationships than a bunch of meaningless ones that won't make it past a few weeks.

I'm single and honestly I'm not sure if I want someone right now.  I'd rather focus on my job, making money, and moving out.  Don't judge me, but I'm 22 and I still living with my Mom and Step dad.  Then again finding a place nowadays isn't really that easy. especially if you're making 7.90 an hour at walmart. :(

I know that feel, man. I was making $11/hr at an internship and I still wouldn't have been able to live on my own. It's way too expensive between rent, electricity, internet and food. Particularly since I have a lot of stuff I'd rather keep protected and wouldn't want to live in a seedy neighborhood that has the cheapest apartments that people could break into quite easily.

• Brohoof 1

Pretty sure I've posted here before, or something like this.

No, I'm not. I probably won't be for a long time either considering my financial situation (no job) and living situation (still with mom because I can't afford an apartment with zero income). I doubt I could give anyone the attention they deserve since I don't even have a phone that allows for unlimited texts or calls to stay in contact beyond email or messengers.

Haven't been in a relationship for over three years now and I suspect that the situation won't change for at least another four or five years if not more.

Oh well, I guess in the end I'd rather have very few meaningful relationships than a bunch of meaningless ones that won't make it past a few weeks.

I know that feel, man. I was making $11/hr at an internship and I still wouldn't have been able to live on my own. It's way too expensive between rent, electricity, internet and food. Particularly since I have a lot of stuff I'd rather keep protected and wouldn't want to live in a seedy neighborhood that has the cheapest apartments that people could break into quite easily.

Yeah, so true.  And what's worse, I live in Niagara Falls,  one of the crappiest and probably the poorest city in New York. It's not as bad as a place like NYC, but still.

Yeah, so true.  And what's worse, I live in Niagara Falls,  one of the crappiest and probably the poorest city in New York. It's not as bad as a place like NYC, but still.

I don't know your area very well but I believe I'm in a similar situation. The places around here are expensive even if they are made for poor people specifically but many of those types of places are homes to gangs and druggies. >_<

At least we both have the benefit of living with our parents to help support us until we have the ability to move out.

I'm engaged technically, but I just call my fiance my husband already because we've been together long enough and we live together and have a little girl together too.

My wedding is actually this coming October, so it's close enough I think that I can just say married!

• Brohoof 2

I wish there was an option in the poll that said "Not in one" even though it defeats the purpose...
I don't plan on relationships happening in my life for the next few years. 
I'm picky? No.
I just don't like the fact that everyone I meet is mean,
and some sort of a carbon copy labeled as a "human"...

Internet relationships are terrible, nevermind them! haaah

Being a female sucks... most men nowadays don't want you for your real worth in personality and knowledge... 

I wish there was an option in the poll that said "Not in one" even though it defeats the purpose...

I don't plan on relationships happening in my life for the next few years. 

I'm picky? No.

I just don't like the fact that everyone I meet is mean,

and some sort of a carbon copy labeled as a "human"...

Internet relationships are terrible, nevermind them! haaah

Being a female sucks... most men nowadays don't want you for your real worth in personality and knowledge...

Well that's a bit of a narrow, maybe even outdated view on men. Society has put FAR more pressure on men to look at women for their career or personality more than their bodies like men were said to do for many centuries.

It's gotten to the point that men will just accept a woman who they are not physically attracted to at all, not even encouraging them to be healthy because they mistake health for beauty.

I'm sure it's the same for women in some way. People have been forced to the idea of acceptance so much that they've forgotten that there's a difference between forcing someone you love to be how you want them and supporting them to help them feel better without allowing them to run themselves into the ground.

Too many people think in black and white when it comes to relationships or have some misguided standard for a person they haven't even met yet so that any relationship they do have doesn't meet their requirements because they are trying to fit a person into a mold and get frustrated when the person doesn't fit the superficial mold that they've created in their mind.

...But don't mind me. I'm just the rambling type.

Oh and obligatory :lol: to show that I mean no harm.

Edited by Discordian

"Too many people think in black and white when it comes to relationships or have some misguided standard for a person they haven't even met yet so that any relationship they do have doesn't meet their requirements because they are trying to fit a person into a mold and get frustrated when the person doesn't fit the superficial mold that they've created in their mind."

Well I'm going to be honest here. 

I have severe anxiety issues. It can make me do things I don't want at times.

First off, I don't like online relationships because of something I said recently. I usually don't mind them.

Well basically, I barely know this guy. In means of information about him. We spend hours talking together and he knows everything about me. I didn't know if I liked him or not because he seemed great at first, having spent so much time together...

He ended up liking me and I knew right away. This guy won't even tell me anything about him, yeah I know what he looks like and some things about his family and what music he likes etc... but he won't tell me this other half I'm estimating, after having him tell me he doesn't want to tell me things about him.

I told him I liked him. I really don't. I feel sick when we talk... I feel guilty. It was an accident. I'm afraid to tell him my true feelings for he is a rather... depressing person. I'd feel horrible.Now I try to avoid conversations about our feelings...

Let alone, I don't even want to talk to him. 

I had so many expectations.... he didn't meet any of the "requirements"...

It's like talking to someone you've known for years... and not knowing anything about them.

Well I'm going to be honest here. 

I have severe anxiety issues. It can make me do things I don't want at times.

First off, I don't like online relationships because of something I said recently. I usually don't mind them.

Well basically, I barely know this guy. In means of information about him. We spend hours talking together and he knows everything about me. I didn't know if I liked him or not because he seemed great at first, having spent so much time together...

He ended up liking me and I knew right away. This guy won't even tell me anything about him, yeah I know what he looks like and some things about his family and what music he likes etc... but he won't tell me this other half I'm estimating, after having him tell me he doesn't want to tell me things about him.

I told him I liked him. I really don't. I feel sick when we talk... I feel guilty. It was an accident. I'm afraid to tell him my true feelings for he is a rather... depressing person. I'd feel horrible.Now I try to avoid conversations about our feelings...

Let alone, I don't even want to talk to him. 

I had so many expectations.... he didn't meet any of the "requirements"...

It's like talking to someone you've known for years... and not knowing anything about them.

The unfortunate downside of any online relationship, regardless of how successful, is that until you've met someone face to face and seen their mannerisms it's hard to judge them as a person. Some people like to hide their past, sometimes for good reasons and sometimes for bad.

From the sounds of it, you've jumped the gun with this guy and got caught up in the heat of the situation. If it's not too late the best policy is honesty.

I don't wanna try to counsel you on how to deal with the situation, particularly since I know nothing of it and have no real perspective on it, but if you're wracked with guilt over this then that's a sure sign that you need to get things out in the open with this guy. Are you ready for a relationship or do you just wanna get to know him more? If he refuses to tell you more then try to find out why.

I can't really give anything but unsolicited and generic advice but the one thing I can say is that having some requirements for a potential mate isn't wrong. It's when you try to enforce these requirements and stop seeing a person as they are instead of what you want them to be that you've crossed a line somewhere but it's never too late to fix any situation.

And yes, I'm a bit of a meddler. Feel free to ignore what I just said if you feel I'm getting too uppity. :P

Edited by Discordian

I've been without a special somepony my entire life so far. I've been into girls, but haven't really gotten any farther than "best friend" :/ it's probably because of me being too reserved and lacking qualities a lot of girls find appealing. i'd like that to change though. Preferably sometime soon. I'd like to be able to be with someone who I would always be happy being with. I'm just hoping I can find someone before I graduate from college. Don't want an "office" relationship.

Edited by techno915

Well, shit. I live in Buffalo! I've been to Niagara Falls countess times, and it's sad to see how we missed out on having the tourist town that the Canadian side is.

The unfortunate downside of any online relationship, regardless of how successful, is that until you've met someone face to face and seen their mannerisms it's hard to judge them as a person. Some people like to hide their past, sometimes for good reasons and sometimes for bad.

From the sounds of it, you've jumped the gun with this guy and got caught up in the heat of the situation. If it's not too late the best policy is honesty.

I don't wanna try to counsel you on how to deal with the situation, particularly since I know nothing of it and have no real perspective on it, but if you're wracked with guilt over this then that's a sure sign that you need to get things out in the open with this guy. Are you ready for a relationship or do you just wanna get to know him more? If he refuses to tell you more then try to find out why.

I can't really give anything but unsolicited and generic advice but the one thing I can say is that having some requirements for a potential mate isn't wrong. It's when you try to enforce these requirements and stop seeing a person as they are instead of what you want them to be that you've crossed a line somewhere but it's never too late to fix any situation.

And yes, I'm a bit of a meddler. Feel free to ignore what I just said if you feel I'm getting too uppity. :P

I probably will tell him how I feel... because it feels like I have to carry a car engine with my collarbones. 

I guess I just felt bad for him. A lot of girls say they like some guys when they really don't, right?

*rant warning*

Truly, I feel weak as a person to have feelings. I'm quite embarrassed at the moment.

I try my best not to sound like a girl who has "relationship" problems when I do... I guess.

It may sound weird, but I find all aspects of love disgusting. Love itself, Sex, and kissing are things I believe are very primal and humans should resist and be able to control their lust.. etc. my view is something nobody else would understand, or agree with, but nevermind that.

I don't try to offend people but I generally get sick when I think about it. It's really silly...

(I might be making sense to myself but my sloppy composition of my ideas might not be clear to you..)

*end of rant*

NEVERMIND ALL OF THAT ^

So yeah I never really had feelings as strong as love for anyone before, I don't plan on it either. xP

How about you? Do you have someone special? You don't have to tell me anyway. x3

I probably will tell him how I feel... because it feels like I have to carry a car engine with my collarbones. 

I guess I just felt bad for him. A lot of girls say they like some guys when they really don't, right?

*rant warning*

Truly, I feel weak as a person to have feelings. I'm quite embarrassed at the moment.

I try my best not to sound like a girl who has "relationship" problems when I do... I guess.

It may sound weird, but I find all aspects of love disgusting. Love itself, Sex, and kissing are things I believe are very primal and humans should resist and be able to control their lust.. etc. my view is something nobody else would understand, or agree with, but nevermind that.

I don't try to offend people but I generally get sick when I think about it. It's really silly...

(I might be making sense to myself but my sloppy composition of my ideas might not be clear to you..)

*end of rant*

NEVERMIND ALL OF THAT ^

So yeah I never really had feelings as strong as love for anyone before, I don't plan on it either. xP

How about you? Do you have someone special? You don't have to tell me anyway. x3

It's not impossible to not enjoy the idea of love. Some find it illogical, others don't see the point even if they understand it. There are other things for people to focus on besides love and relationships but many forget that. Some people just don't like to be alone but there's a quote from one of my favorite comics that applies very well for any person who feels that others, or even themselves, rely on relationships too much:

"If you can't bear to be alone it means you haven't come to terms with the one person you'll be with from birth until death: Yourself."

It's perfectly understandable to think of love as something unimportant to life in general and if you want to live your life without it then it will take a great weight off of your mind as long as you can live such a life to your own satisfaction. ;)

I don't have anyone myself, not yet. I try not to rush into things I don't think I'm ready for. My personality is all I have to offer and that's not enough for a long-term relationship so I feel the need to work on improving my own stability in life before I ever think of a relationship. Though I'm not opposed to the idea I don't feel I can satisfy anyone as I am now.

Unfortunately for me it's something that's always on my mind as well so in a way one could consider it a personal hell. :lol:

I sadly don't have a relationship right now... My last relationship was ok.. But i guess i just haven't been ready for another relationship.. I feel like it been forever but i think when the right guy comes around it will just happen.. I'm not gonna go begging for a bf

Edited by Starlighty

I sadly don't have a relationship right now... My last relationship was ok.. But i guess i just haven't been ready for another relationship.. Every things time and i feel like it been forever but i think when the right guy comes around it will just happen.. I'm not gonna go begging for a bf.

Begging is bad. Begging leads to being desperate which puts you in a position that will only end in emotional and possibly even physical pain. Never lower YOUR standards because you're a little impatient.