Are you in a relationship?  

599 users have voted

1. 1. Are you in a relationship?

• Single
    • Dating
    • It's complicated
    • Engaged
    • Married

I'm in a very, very long distance relationship. It's...Hard, and kinda...Hard.. But it's worth it. Believe me. 

But, the one I'm with is truly my soul mate. Too amazing for words to describe.

Was considering saying "It's complicated"  But the absolute face is I am married and happy.  Tho my wife probly would chose the same awswer of "It's complicated" and yes happy married.  

No I won't go in to details here.

As far as advice to Single/Looking.  For me it took Time+Prayer*Paitence= Good relationship.  Tho its probly more complicated than that. 

I went thru 3 previously bad relationships before getting married.  And even then ITs something you really have to work hard at.

Edited by ShadowRose2k
  • Brohoof 1

Nope, still single, as I've always been.  Relationships of this nature terrify me (it's sort of annoying...  At even the slightest mention, I'll tense up and do everything possible to get out of the situation...), and it's probably a large part of the reason that I have very few female friends.  I once had the opportunity, though I sort of turned her down.  (We're still very good friends and I have absolutely no regrets about that decision.  I just don't think it would have worked at all.)  Anyways, I seem to be rambling, so I'll leave it there.

• Brohoof 1

Depends. Sports, popularity, figure, how handsome/pretty you are. It's a tough world. :lol: Sounds like a first world problem, eh? lol

Meh, it's similar in the US. Being an athlete usually gets you dates here. You also don't have to be very intelligent either, it's usually the people who are flunking out that get the most dates. That, and I've seen a lot of ugly people in relationships.

• Brohoof 1

I am single. And no, I've never been in a relationship. 

During my high school years, I was devoted to my academics. They were the most important thing to me, aside from video games. That left me little time to actually pursue any sort of social standing, let alone a relationship. I was always advised by my mom that high school relationships are never really worth the effort. You move on to separate colleges, and eventually you separate. It happens 99% of the time. The couple voted "Together forever" by my class for the yearbook broke up less than 2 years later. I do not know why, but that is still a testament to the fragility and frivolity of such things.

Some even sought out relationships simply to be in a relationship, as if such a thing qualified themselves as productive members of society. That truly disgusted me. My mom and dad have been happily married for 25 years, and they're 56. They didn't even meet until they were in their late twenties!

That doesn't mean I didn't find any of the girls in high school attractive - some were. But I always reasoned with myself that it was never worth the effort. That the girls would never be right for me. And so, high school ended.

Then I went to college, and my mom, for the first time, actually encouraged me to try and find a girlfriend, or at least try to be social enough to make female friends. So I tried...and failed. On both counts. They say hindsight is 20/20...I see now what a miserable wreck my first attempt was, and how it completely consumed my thoughts as to why and how I failed. No, I will not elaborate further than saying that my sheer lack of people skills made the whole affair extremely awkward.

So I didn't try again, but then something happened. I was in a lab group in Principles of Biology II with a guy I knew from the previous semester, as well as two girls. One of them came off as rather ditsy, but the other...she's pretty much everything I want, minus liking video games or MLP, but you can't have it all. We became great friends, and then I start to entertain ideas of making it into something more...then I come to find out she already has a boyfriend (still does). I persisted for a while - I even got her her favorite smoothie from the coffee shop on our campus after she mentioned it to me - but eventually, I gave up. 

Now it's been a year. I still hold my "crush," so to speak, in high regard, but...I just don't have the energy to try again. I know I shouldn't be mad about not getting into a relationship, but after trying my damndest and not even achieving the "in a relationship" moniker - twice - I feel as though trying again would only bring more pain.

No, I'm not trying to fish for compliments. This may be a sob story, but it is what it is - I am single, and that is why.

I finally got my first boyfriend at senior prom. We dated for a few months, it just felt really...off. Like superficial.. He was a nice guy and all, but we barely knew each other when we started dating. I soon realized we hardly had anything in common. I think I stopped wanting to hang out with him because he was really pushy about kissing. Apparently, i really hate kissing. I think we both had different reasons for wanting to date, He wanted a girl to kiss and impress his friends with and I wanted to experience what it's like to be in a relationship. We were both dating for the wrong reasons. Anyway we both got jobs and stopped talking all together, although I may occasionally stop and say hi to him when i see him in college. Im glad we're on good terms =) Even if my first relationship wasn't very good, i have no regrets about it, we did share some lovely monents. And I will not make the same mistakes twice, from mow on i will atleast be friends with someone before dating them.

Edited by crazitaco

Single :P I have a crush at the moment but need to sort some things out before trying for her. My last relationship of 3 years starting to turn sour in the 2nd then ended HORRIBLY. Happy to be rid of her but it left me a little spiteful of relationships at the moment.

• Brohoof 2

Not me. I'm forever alone. I'm content with just the way things as they are now without having a women in my life taking up more of my time. That's not to say I wouldn't date if the opportunity arose, I just haven't actively pursed a relationship.

Single as an ice cream scoop lol. I don't think I've been very close to anyone since my last relationship that was a year ago, considering I haven't been able to get to know anyone that well since there are so many classes in college and everybody is very spread out. Anyone that I do somewhat get to know is either taken, not of my interest, or I'm not of their interest. There's plenty of fish in the sea, but it's hard to find the right fish if there are so many. I do wish this was less of a priority for me sometimes, but I wither it away with having fun with friends, music, and em elle pee!

I'm still pretty young, (14), so I don't want to think about it right now... Plus, all the boys that I know (that aint on the internet) are pretty inmature. After being 10 years more or less with them they still treat me like an outcast, or at least most. Sure, one of them has caught my attention several times, for his kindness, but I really want to focus on my schoolwork, I also don't want to go into a relationshop while I know that it aint gonna be worth it.,and it'll be a waste of time. My lack of trust in people also affect that because I'm sure if someone asks me out it'll just be a dare. It has happened before...not with me but with friends, this has made my trust go even lower for several people. I want to find the right one. Not a stupid highschool relationship which will break after a while. 

Edited by Derpy~~
  • Brohoof 1

I've got a crush right now, i've had a crush on this same girl for almost 2 years now, with a few confused times in between.

However i've yet to have a relationship, i've yet to have my first kiss, or heck do anything romantic.

Heck i've never even asked anyone out really.

I would get into a relationship with my crush, but the issue is she doesn't like me back, i know she doesn't from other friends of hers, and them telling me because i'm more casual friends with them. Of course the guy she DOES like doesn't like her back, but still.

Also there are many many complications that will make it hard for me to get into a comfortable relationship with her.

That coupled with being shy and self conscious and stuff, and fear of asking her out for fear of rejection, or for the fact we could break up, and either way have her dislike me forever, and possibly even more of her friends, which would make things uncomfortable really, and i also don't like making enemies.

So yeah its mostly because i'm a coward, but i do have a pretty good list of reasons, just don't feel like explaining.

Maybe by luck of the draw i'll sometime get married, but sometimes i think i'll just end up forever alone, never even getting any chances to ask anyone out or anything.

Heck i haven't been asked out either really. The only thing girls have complimented me about is my smile, but thats really it.

Sure i know i shouldn't worry being in highschool and 16, but having no experience going into college might hurt me, and also the fact that if i somehow don't date anyone in college, then considering how i need to be around people a while to feel comfortable enough to even talk with them, means that i won't likely find anyone to love after college, since i won't be exposed to a crowd often if at all.

If i can't ask out someone i've known 2 years, i dunno how i'd ever ask out someone i knew like a week beforehand, or maybe a day.

This turned out to be alot more depressing then i thought it'd be at first..

• Brohoof 4

I have always been single. My brother once said if anyone deserves a good woman it is myself, but I don't let it go to my head as I'm trying to be content with my current status for the sake of taking on more practical matters. I believe it will just "happen" one day.

• Brohoof 1

I know I've neglected his advice often this year, but it's still good advice:

57139096.jpg

If you're really sure that you like this person (even if you think they don't like you or if you're iffy), go ahead and confess your feelings. Make sure you really like the person (avoid multiple crushes or falling for people frequently), or your self esteem could be lowered by multiple rejections you might receive. You'll never truly know if a person likes you back if you never tell them. A rejection might hurt, but what if they like you back and you never tell them about it?

Edited by Wingin'Wolf

In a relationship since 2011 with an older man. I have to say I was quite lucky when it comes to relationship, even if I was also victim of manipulation with one of my ex. 

It was love at first sight with the man I am currently with. He was the owner of a shop in my town and I fell in love right away when I entered his shop. I know it can sound crazy but that's how it happened. I bought something from him and came back two days later, giving myself one day to think. We started dating two weeks later. 

Long distance relationship. It'll be 5 months in 2 days. He's my other half. Idc how far he is my baby. MY BABY.

He's from Canada btw. o.o

post-650-0-61286500-1378197430_thumb.jpg

I've been in a relationship for about two years. I met him when I was seeing someone else. Then after we first met, I kept seeing him and we kept talking and eventually I dropped who I was seeing and we got together. I knew that sounds kinda bad, but the guy I was seeing before was an arrogant douche and he flirted with a lot of girls.

I am single because it's very hard to find somepony because ever girl in my school is mean (well most of them) and most of the girls in my school don't like me :/

And also it's because i never ask anypony out because i am too shy 

Edited by codelyoko373

I'm single, as I always have been, and I enjoy it. I've never been in a relationship in my life, nor do I care about being in one either. I'm simply not interested, and even if I was, I'd be too shy to do anything about it. xD

• Brohoof 2

I could have a girlfriend, but I choose not to. With my situation, I could be moved across the country in a few days of notice. We are due to move next year, so I would rather not get in a relationship, just to have us seperated.