Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Genuinely funny moments in Equestria Girls?

Jammo

• Discovering Princess Luna as a gamer.
  • Spike being nervous around Rarity, shouting random things.
  • Pinkie Pie annoying Cranky Doodle Doo to death.
  • Twilight evolving into a Fire Pokemon due to Pinkie Pie's Pinkie Sense.

Again, this is a thread for funny moments from EqG; not Friendship is Magic. :3 (And Crankly Doodle Doo? 'Tis Donkey, not Doo!)

Oh, another moment I thought was damn hilarious was when Pinkie instantly rambled about Twilight's predicament and origin, and then happily passed it off as a "hunch". I had to pause it, clap my hands and exclaim "Oh you, Pinkie Pie, you so random!"

• Brohoof 1

I've taken the liberty of renaming the thread slightly, as there seems to have been some confusion. Hopefully that will be cleared up a bit now.

My favorites were Flash Sentry's really weird facial expressions while playing his guitar, Dashie's flaming soccer kick, and Spike's line to Twilight about her friends accepting her even though she was a magical pony princess of Equestria. Oh, and most everything Pinkie did :lol:

• Brohoof 1

I loved it when Twilight was trying to figure out how to tell the human friends that she was from Equestria, and Pinkie just blurts out "You're a pony princess from an alternate world who has to get your stolen crown back tonight or else you'll be trapped here for a really long time?"

I lold.

Flash Senty walking into the door was great. I was really disliking the whole love interest thing going on, but he grew on me a bit when he showed more character. "One 'no' would've been fine!" and him walking into the door gave him a nice adorkable aspect that actually kinda suits Twilight.

To name some not mentioned:

Fluttershy scooping up the animals with her backpack like she's so used to it

"When you're~ a younger-" *cut*

"Twilight, these girls rallied around you 'cause they saw what was in your heart. They aren't gonna feel any different about you when they find out you're a pony princess from Equestria."

• Brohoof 1

<------- :)

Scootaloo doing the chicken dance

spike can talk reactions

pinkie pie knowing EXACTLY ehat happend in the other dimensions

Flash and twilight cross dimesion bumpings

and a lot more but those were the first ones i could think of

also wub woo

• Brohoof 3

Twilight: "So, I just push the letters here...and then the words and moving pictures will come up...here?"

Cheerilee: *composes herself with deep breath* "That's right." (I love the inference that she's gotten stupid questions like this before.)

Sweetie Belle:"We're just seeing how many hits our new music video has gotten!"

Cheerilee: "No. Just...no!"

Pinkie Pie: "You're `nervicited'.........we've all been there."

Fluttershy: "I'm there almost every day."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

- when spike asks for a scratch behind his ears to rarity

-pinkie transformer

- pinkie touching the mirror "Ooo! sparkly!"

Did you guys notice near the end someone screamed exactly like the Wilhelm scream?

Listen to the scream

http://youtu.be/cdbYsoEasio?t=7s

And its on EqG

http://youtu.be/Ade-VyDI2cw?t=1h1m22s

And on the very right corner just above Flash sentry you see trixie and someone doing the gangnam style

http://youtu.be/Ade-VyDI2cw?t=1h7m23s

Edited by Dashie~
  • Brohoof 2

Did you guys notice near the end someone screamed exactly like the Wilhelm scream?

Yup - it's the Wilhelm Scream all right. happy.png

I'm 100% in favor of it being used as an inside joke. When I tell people to listen for it, they're always delighted to catch it in something new...and suddenly the making of the medium becomes a lot more interesting to them. It really gets them to look at stuff from the filmmaker's P.O.V. and shows a glimpse of how it all gets done.

When Pinkie pie touched the portal and Luna pulled her away with her magic.

I saw the movie once in the theater and watched it again on YouTube, and I didn't get what was happening either time.  I thought the portal was repelling Pinkie for some unexplained reason. 

<------- smile.png

Scootaloo doing the chicken dance

spike can talk reactions

pinkie pie knowing EXACTLY ehat happend in the other dimensions

Flash and twilight cross dimesion bumpings

and a lot more but those were the first ones i could think of

also wub woo

I was beginning to think I was the only one who noticed that Scootaloo was doing "The Chicken"! For me that was one of the funniest moments. I also liked how the screen was obviously Youtube when the CMC were checking the hits on their video. Let's not forget Spike giving Twilight's ear a whack when she slipped and said "Everypony" while in human form.

• Brohoof 2

Most of my favorite funny moments have been mentioned already.  But there is one that nobody said - when Twilight takes the pen from Pinkie with her mouth.  I love how Pinkie just smiles at her as if she doesn't find it strange at all. 

• Brohoof 3

I saw the movie once in the theater and watched it again on YouTube, and I didn't get what was happening either time.  I thought the portal was repelling Pinkie for some unexplained reason. 

I really like the fact that Luna has an "Oh, Pinkie" smile on her face while she's magically pulling Pinkie away from that mirror...

I really like the fact that Luna has an "Oh, Pinkie" smile on her face while she's magically pulling Pinkie away from that mirror...

I will need to watch that scene again and pay attention to Luna.  I did not notice her either time that I have seen the movie.  oo

I found a lot of hilarious moments in the movie and there are just too many too name.

-Fluttershy and Twilight's meeting being a reference to the first episode.

-Pinkie ripping off her cutie mark to make a balloon.

-CMC's reaction to their song being an epic fail.

-"THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE...needs some peanut butter crackers"

-Granny Smith lunch lady.

-Sunset Shimmer's slideshow about Twilight.

-Scootaloo dancing like a chicken

-Twilight dancing being a reference to the "Sweet and Elite" episode

-Rainbow Dash's "So Awesome" face

(edited)

Oh my gosh there are so many times in this movie that I lol'd like:

Pinkie Pie: Oooh! I thought you didn't look familiar. Though, now that I'm really lookin' at you, do you have a twin sister who lives in the city, has a pet dog named Spike that looks just like that one? Twilight Sparkle: Uh, maybe? Pinkie Pie: Thought so. Anywho, just need to fill this out and you are officially up for the coveted Princess of the Fall Formal crown.

Pinkie Pie: You're from an alternate world and you're a pony princess there and the crown actually has a magical element embedded in it that helps power up other magical elements and without it they don't work anymore, and you need them all to help protect your magical world, and if you don't get the crown tonight, you'll be stuck in this world and you won't be able to get back for like a really, really long time! Rainbow Dash: Yeah, I'm pretty sure that isn't the reason. Spike: Nope, she's pretty much spot-on. Rarity: He can talk!?    

Pinkie Pie: Totally reminds you of a guy you met in the other world who played guitar, was in a band, and helped prove you didn't destroy all the decorations for a big dance, so you could still run for princess of the big dance, and asked you to dance at that dance! [big breath] Right? Twilight Sparkle: How did you know that? Pinkie Pie: Just a hunch!

Edited by Pegasus Device
  • Brohoof 1

AJ's dressing for the dance scene.

Short, what 3 seconds with  her and Rarity? But something about it made me hmmm.

It really speaks to her character, if you think about it a sec. We as fans have spent YEARS drawing her in jeans, shorts, hell swim suit bikinis for the clopping but always avoided the full dresses. "Too fru-fru" for this Mare, we all assume. Yet suddenly we have her in a elegant gown, spage strap, FULL LENGTH, and she not only smiles but flat out squee grins at her own apperance. 

Now of course Rari steps in to shorten and make it more "hawt" which we THEN get the AJ frown we all expect from her in a normal full dress. I am not sure to how to place this, its just something about that seems oddly fitting for her. I chuckled because of the simple comedy of it but also at just how Mature that made AJ appear, miss buff apple bucking stronger then an ox tomboy who runs a damn orchard suddenly acting rather Matron-mommy like. Maybe its the idea of it being a maternity dress thats in my mind, odd ok im done rambling. This IS ah comedy thread.

:::::loooooove Celestia's typical adult women in charge attitude when Twilight comes into her office:::::;

"Hmm hmmm" :nods along, speaking in a bored, annoyed voice: "Yes well I am sure you can find someone else to speak to about this Fall Dance....." :ushers the annoying girl out of her office as quickly and with as little information as possible.

I am far faaaaar from HS age, but if i recall, whenever i asked a Teacher or a Aid a question i got this typical attitude as if i was annoying them or wasting there just over minimum wage time, lol.

Sidebar revib from wall of text: Pudgy Luna! <3

(edited)

- The CMC listening to their theme song on youtube.

- "The Great and Powerful Trixie needs some peanut butter crackers."

-  Pinkie Pie in general

- Those fake pictures Sunshet Shimmer made

- Dancing Derpy in credits

Edited by Super Derpy

• 1 month later...

Sunset Shimmer was a funny character!

Here are some of her funny moments:

*Her video about why you shouldn't vote for Twilight

*When she was disgusted by apple cider.

*When she was crying.

When she was a demon:

*When she started acting nice by telling everyone to "let bygones be bygones"

*"Spoiler alert! I was bluffing when I said I would destroy the portal!"

* "I have magic, and you have NOTHING!"

* Her face after Rainbow Dash said "She has us!"

*"Gee, the gang really is back together again!" (wipes tear from her face)

* Her face after she saw the attack failed.

Howdy all!

Lets see.

Funniest moments huh?

Here are few of my favorites.

Twilight screaming bloody murder when she arrived in the human world.

Pinkie being Pinkie in BOTH worlds :lol:

Along with Pinkie's WHAT??? (Twice she tried a third but was shut up)

Trixie's getting her PB Crackers.

Twilight & Fluttershy's first meeting at school similar to their first meeting in Ponyville.

Rarity's I GOT IT!! scene :lol:

Spike as a dog going :wub: meeting Rarity.

(Oh yeah!-Spike as a dog laughed off my you know what off at the theater)

Twilight & Flash dancing.

Twilight trying to eat an apple with Fluttershy giving her this what are you doing? look to her at the cafeteria.

Those are my faves in the movie.

See ya!

• 4 weeks later...

.The Great and Powerful Trixie.....needs some peanut butter crackers.

. Most of Pinkie's moments

. Luna's 'we are not pleased face' when Pinkie's all "ooh Sparkly!"

. The sound effects when they're jaws drop after Pinkie's whole psychic explanation.

. Rarity "Gah"

. Cutie Mark Crusaders on Youtube :P

.When the other dog saw Spike riding on Twilight's back and wanted his owner to the same.

Edited by Unipeg

It would be Celestia making Sunset, Snips, and Snails repair the entrance. They aren't licensed professionals so I expect a rather subpar repair that will collapse one day on any students and Celestia having to deal with liability.  Plus one brick is missing and is found over where Flash's car is parked.

Edited by Singe