Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Genuinely funny moments in Equestria Girls?

Jammo

Seeing how I can't find any topic like this..

Spoilers I guess.

"The Great and Powerful Trixie, needs some peanut butter crackers."

Pinkie Pie's Transformers sound effect

All the cute moments of Twilight adapting to a human body

Pinkie Pie and her balloons

The "So awesome" fan nod.

• Brohoof 7

Every 30 seconds to be honest. I've never grinned so much at a movie in my life. Had to love it when the two football players were helping to move the table, and then Applejack strolled past carrying an equal size table in one hand. n.n

Others:

• "What are hands?"
  • "Huuugs! ♪ Hugs are always good!"
  • "The Great and Powerful Trixie!... needs some peanut butter crackers."
  • Brohoof 11

It'd be easier to list the non-funny moments! Speaking not just as an MLP fan, but a fan of comedy in general, it really was a hilarious movie, and not just because of all the in-jokes and fanwank moments. It was just good, classic, clean, yet non-cheesy humour which is exactly the kind of jokes that got me into MLP in the first place. I'm so glad the movie kept that flavour and ramped it up to 11.

But if I'm gonna pick specifics, I will agree that my favourites were Pinkie's Transformer noise (I seriously did NOT see that one coming), hell any scene with Pinkie Pie in it, all of Twilight's awkward moments, Spike's one-liners, Fluttershy in general (she really shined in the film), and of course Trixie's scene (I was worried that she wouldn't appear at all, but the writers did not disappoint!).

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

-Twilight's meeting with Fluttershy being like the first episode of the series.

-All the scenes during "helping Twilight win the crown"

-The CmC saying that someone commented their video with "epic fail"

-"Of course you lost, I'm awesome"

And of course Pinkie Pie knowing everything about Twilight's situation.

Edited by Dark Moonlight
  • Brohoof 6

The majority of the Pinkie Pie moments were pretty high quality.  When she found out that her decorations had been undone, her "WHAT!" was quickly overshadowed by increasingly dire circumstances, resulting in an even deeper "WHAT!?!"  with another, more severe one right behind it.   Definitely enjoyed all of her antics.  It's so much more interesting when she's Human.

Every scene involving a dichotomy, and comparison between Pony life and Human life.  Everybody likes a scene where adapting to human life takes a turn for the bizarre, but it was taken to a whole new level where the writers of the movie compared just about everything on one side of the portal to everything else.  Gold.

Agreed, that psychic thing was great.  Again, so many references between the portals.

• Brohoof 1

Pinkie Pie and her constant 4th wall jokes I love Pinkie Pie when she's just being Pinkie, Fluttershy getting so worked up over learning Spike is a talking dog and is actually a dragon in Equestria, Snips and Snails doing stupid things like dancing to the Wondercolt song among other things, and of course Derpy at the credits dancing.

There's was a lot of genuine laughter going on in the theater that I saw the film in, but these moment seem to stand out the most for me:

- "The Grrreat and Powerful Trrrrixie!! needs some peanut butter crackers."

- the return of RD's "so awesome" face

- Big Macintosh's cameo

- human Derpy at the end of the credits (everyone in the theater actually cheered when she finally showed up)

There were a few moments i found slightly humorous, however i must say i didn't find the movie particularly funny as a whole. One part however, which made me chuckle was when twilight signs her name and pinkie shows the paper to sunset shimmer lol.

It was already said, but needs to be said again:

The Great and Powerful Trixie...needs some peanut butter crackers.

A close second has to be:

If only I had some sort of party cannon that could decorate super fast.

• Brohoof 1

I really enjoyed the comedy in this movie! There was such timing in it that just made me laugh. I think my favorite had to have been Twilight just trying to fit in and running around like a pony, picking up things in her mouth, and still making comments about how weird her hands were.

Also during season 3 I had lost my love for pinkie. she had just become annoying. But this movie brought her back for me. She is not annoying to me anymore and I hope that it stays this way.

Everypony pretty much named them off already. The funniest and my favorite part of the movie was Transforming Pinkie Pie for sure. In terms of which other parts got the big audience laughs in the theater, they were Twilight's "wing boners," Fluttershy's introduction, anything and everything Pinkie, Spike and Rarity's interactions, Trixie and her peanut butter crackers, Rainbow Dash's "because I'm awesome," and of course credits Derpy.

Since so many have already been mentioned:

Spike: Sure would love a scratch behind the old ears!

Rarity: Gah...

Spike: Uh, maybe later.

Yeah, that and at the end of the battle:

Rarity: I for one think you're adorable!

Spike: Oh yeah.

Biggest laughs out of all of their bits.

• Brohoof 3

Am I the only one who thought Dog Spike was the most adorable thing in the world? I'd love to see him as a dog more wub.png it was just so cute the way he took to being a dog. The scratches and pets and the doggy treat was just too funny!

• Brohoof 2

I loved the part where Twilight signs her name, and Pinkie Pie goes, "Woah! You have really bad handwriting!!" And then she shows the paper to Sunset Shimmer LOL!!

I also loved it when after Twilight lost the soccer game, Rainbow Dash goes, "Of course you lost! I'm awesome!" The person behind me and I were both cracking up for forever.

The CMC watching YouTube, and reading "epic fail" in the comments. Ba hahaha, this is a movie for our times.

And of course Trixie. It was so random.

• Brohoof 1

Let's see...

* The CMC listening to their song on YouTube at the library without earphones. Seems they are kind of "slow" (and I mean that in the nicest way possible!) in this universe too!

* Cheerilee's barely disguised contempt for Twilight and for the CMC. She's a great stealth bitch.

* Pinkie commenting that she wishes she had a party cannon

* Fluttershy getting hit in the face with the broom (no idea why, just was)

* Twilight going into the men's room (again, I have no idea why, it just was!)

* Spike's interactions with Rarity.

* Twilight using her teeth to throw around the library books (and all of the YouTube pictures Snips and Snails got of her being a spaz for that matter)

* Twi busting out her "Sweet and Elite" dance moves at the end

Also, something kind of "odd" funny rather than "haha" funny was the fact that Twilight and Spike slept in the library on a pile of books. I guess its safe to assume she didn't take a shower or brush her teeth the next morning, then? Yuck!

(edited)

Rainbow Dash's reaction to getting to spend time with the Wonderbolts (S1 E19)

Spike's affection of Rarity (especially when he imageines himself to be similar to the heroes of folklore)

And...

Big Macintosh's affection of the doll, even after Princess Celestia removed the sudden love spell cast by Twilight because of her insanity in "Lesson Zero"

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To add:

"Eeyup!"

Edited by Rainbow P.F. Sparkle

Everything Pinkie Pie did; especially when she guessed everything that happened.

Twilight dancing.

When Pinkie pie touched the portal and Luna pulled her away with her magic.

When Rarity screamed "I GOT IT!" and everyone in the café stared at her.

Rainbow Dash's reaction to getting to spend time with the Wonderbolts (S1 E19)

Spike's affection of Rarity (especially when he imageines himself to be similar to the heroes of folklore)

And...

Big Macintosh's affection of the doll, even after Princess Celestia removed the sudden love spell cast by Twilight because of her insanity in "Lesson Zero"

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To add:

"Eeyup!"

Oh, those are moments from Friendship is Magic. This is a topic for funny moments in the Equestria Girls movie.

Here's a thread for funny moments from Friendship is Magic: http://mlpforums.com/topic/48754-funniest-moments-in-the-show/

• Brohoof 1

-Pinkie Pie's transformer sound

-Luna's face when Pinkie Pie touches the mirror

-Fluttershy getting hit in the head with the crown

-Fluttershy getting hit with the broom (this movie was really cruel to Fluttershy)

-Rarity's "gah" when Spike asks for a behind the ear scratch

-She's PSYCHIC!

-Pinkie Pie knowing the exact details about Twilight being a pony princess

-Twilight's reaction to above

-Sunset Shimmer's ability to perfectly read Twilight's signature

-Pinkie Pie's scenes in the in the getting ready for the fall formal scene.

-Rainbow Dash in the dress in the getting ready for the fall formal scene

-All of Cheerilee's moments

-Flash Sentry walking into door

-Pinkie Pie knowing exactly what happened to Twilight in the human world.

-What are hands?

This movie was hilarious.

• Brohoof 6

There were a bunch of moments that I found funny (most of them have already been mentioned here), but one moment in particular I found incredibly amusing was Fluttershy being late to class. It seems that Fluttershy being late has always been a running gag, so seeing her late once again in Equestria Girls was delightful. If you look back on Green Isn't Your Color, Fluttershy was late for that one spa meeting with Rarity, due to being busy with photo shoots. Also, in A Bird in the Hoof, Fluttershy was late for that brunch at Sugarcube Corner. There was also the time when Iron Will came to Fluttershy's cottage to collect his payment from her in Putting Your Hoof Down, and he stated that "Fluttershy is overdue as it is" to Rarity. There may have been more instances when Fluttershy was late for something, but I can't think of any more at the moment. Heh.. only Fluttershy can make being late endearing. wub.png

• Brohoof 1

Oh, those are moments from Friendship is Magic. This is a topic for funny moments in the Equestria Girls movie.

Here's a thread for funny moments from Friendship is Magic: http://mlpforums.com/topic/48754-funniest-moments-in-the-show/

Whoops, apparently I didn't read the OP's post :P

But I don't have anything there, I haven't watched Equestria Girls quite yet. But I will sometime soon...

(edited)

• Discovering Princess Luna as a gamer.

• Spike being nervous around Rarity, shouting random things.

Pinkie Pie annoying Cranky Doodle Donkey to death.

Twilight evolving into a Fire Pokemon due to Pinkie Pie's Pinkie Sense.

Edited by ★Chaotic Lightning★

BEst thing ever happened at the theatre! Righ twhen it was all serious and Twilight used her new friends to summon power to defeat Sunset Shimmer, this one guy in the front of the theatre jumped out of his seat and yelled, "TASTE THE RAINBOW!!!" My friend and I just sat there LMFAO. Then when Derpy came on, I yelled DERPY! and started cheering louder than anyone in the theatre.

pinkie pie wishing she had a party cannon, that made ma laugh a bit. and for the rest most things are already mentioned. altough i laughed pretty hard when human twilight started to dance like pony twilight XD