Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you create your artwork with?

Moonlight

44 users have voted

1. 1. What do you create your artwork with?

• Paint Brush
    • Pencil
    • Colored Pencil
    • Crayon
    • Permanent Marker
    • Marker
    • Art Tablet
    • Pen
    • Hightlighter
    • Dry Erase Marker
    • Photoshop/Gimp, and other such programs.
    • Glass

I use SAI/Photoshop to create my art, sometimes though rarely I use Illustrator. When however I'm not using the computer to create art I use the old fasion pencil+pen.

• Brohoof 1

I only have a wacom bambo... ummm something, and a laptop with all the programs that I need, however it doesn't have enough power to handle all of these sophisticated programs that I need to use :(

I don't do traditional stuff, but I have (all rotten btw) colored pencils, acrilics, pencils, pens, crayons. I'd like some day to paint traditionaly with copic markers.

Typically, my Cintiq 12WX, with GIMP, Inkscape and Toon Boom Studio 6.

I don't even remember the last time I drew something on paper.  I do have an almost empty sketchbook though, and I'm sure sooner or later I'll get the urge to feel the grind of graphite again.

how dare you? :(

• Brohoof 1

how dare you? :(

Ha.  I get to use a 21UX at work.

I got the 12WX while I was still in college; back when I still had that kind of disposable income.  It made the teachers jealous.  At least until they got some 21UX's installed in the main classroom.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm not really much of an artist. Although on the rare occasion that I do draw something, it's typically with a pencil. If I like it, I may decide to color it in with colored pencils. They just seem to have a degree of precision that's hard to replicate, y'know?

Edited by Yosef von Uzenvard
  • Brohoof 1

I draw my pics like I play my RPGs: With pen & paper.

...Well, pencil and paper, but it's really a half dozen to the other considering I ultimately end up digitally inking/coloring my pics with Paint Shop Pro or GIMP. Whichever one I feel less irritated with at the time.

I do have a Wacom Intuos4 tablet, but it might as well be a paperweight since I'm about as skilled with it as Justin Bieber is skilled with writing original lyrics. Perhaps one day I'll learn to use it to its full potential.

@Motion Spark - liking the new av. Very fluid animation, sir, as per usual.

• Brohoof 2

Ha.  I get to use a 21UX at work.

I got the 12WX while I was still in college; back when I still had that kind of disposable income.  It made the teachers jealous.  At least until they got some 21UX's installed in the main classroom.

dat school, it has to be a school focused on art because I don't see other way of seeing tablets attahed to computers, anyways I would kill to have a cintiq *sigh*

Motion Spark - liking the new av. Very fluid animation, sir, as per usual.

thank you!!!! :) 

(edited)

I usually use gEdit and regular keyboard to make my 'artworks' before uploading them to Google Doc for further editing. I have never posted my writings at FimFiction though. Just being me and stuff.

I rarely use pencil and paper to write. You know, they're expensive, easy to lose, easy to find (by stalkers), hard to erase, and I will need to type them again if I want to upload them.

What? Writing is an art too, and who the hell write fictions with crayons?

I think you need to separate pixel drawing program with vector drawing. You know, some people can vector but can't draw (like me). I use Inkscape to both draw and vector. No need to yell at me telling it's a vector program. I know that, but at least I can actually draw with it. What a drawing actually is, after all? They're the same thing.

@@Motion Spark, is your avatar sniffing at me, or... kissing me?

P.S. I use my own body for martial 'art'. I think you need to add that as well.

Edited by Aerial Stream

I like to use charcoal, actually. I find that if gives art that wonderful scratchy mystical quality. I'll use some pastels over that just to give it some faint colour (I tend to do faint faded art, like human figures and whatnot).

I also like to do ink sketches and I plan on doing calligraphy.

To make signatures and avatars I use GIMP.

For street art I use aerosols and paints.