Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you create your artwork with?

Moonlight

44 users have voted

1. 1. What do you create your artwork with?

• Paint Brush
    • Pencil
    • Colored Pencil
    • Crayon
    • Permanent Marker
    • Marker
    • Art Tablet
    • Pen
    • Hightlighter
    • Dry Erase Marker
    • Photoshop/Gimp, and other such programs.
    • Glass

(edited)

If I'm missing one...let me know. 

I like using pencil, permanent marker, markers, colored pencils, pens, and crayons, mostly.

What about you all? 

img-1667367-1-tumblr_mhm45yTrqy1rzgkwfo1

Edited by WheatleyCore

Traditional Art: Pencil. Rubber.

Digital Art: Photoshop, GIMP, Paint.net, Inkscape

I prefer my Photoshop over everything else.

• Brohoof 2

Im definitely a traditional artist. A lot of the time I use pencils, pens, colored pencils, etc. Though I am mostly traditional Id love to go digital. I just cant seem to find a descent art pad to do it on. lol

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

When it comes to drawing on paper, nothing beats a good 'ol 4H pencil. I've tried charcoal for ponies but it just seems so out of place to me. I have experimented with Ink Wash and good 'ol dipping pens but I feel like I have absolutely no control sometimes sweetienotsureplz.png?2

For digital goods I use a Wacom tablet in conjunction with SAI usually. I've been feeling the waters for openCanvas, Flash and a little bit of Photoshoop. I'm really attracted to OC primarily for the fact that it records my every stroke and allows me to analyze how I draw my goodies. I mean sure, I could record my desktop but past experiences gave me huge file sizes. OC can provide the same thing while providing replays ridiculously smaller in file size (500MB VS. 1MB - Same Content, can even scroll in/out and view tool settings.)

Edited by Accellerant
  • Brohoof 2

I have used pretty much anything from a paint brush to paint tool sai. When doing traditional I use anything, pencil, pen. Colouring pencils and etc. I like using pen, pencil and colouring pencils. When it comes to digital, it's paint tool sai and a Wacom bamboo tablet. I can use photoshop and I often do if I want to add effects or just a text.

Traditional art is always the most fun to make.

• Brohoof 2

Pencils, colored pencils and crayons because... these are the only things I can use with some sort of "talent" when it comes to visual artworks.

But I ran out of stuff recently and I actually want to spare my money now, so I do some quick sketches sometimes with my ballpen or regular pencil. And most of them suck...

• Brohoof 2

I create almost all my artwork with either Blender, or Paint.net. I'm a new modeller but am starting to get much better. My current avatar is actually my model in Kerbal Space Program.

• Brohoof 1

Well the only art i do is pony art, but when I do that its on GIMP with my mouse and thats it basically. 

Not that I do amazing with it, but its what I have and its what is best for me I think, its not that bad actually, you get use to it after a little bit.

• Brohoof 2

Ooooh! An art topic! 

I use Photoshop CS6, Painttool Sai, Inkscape very rarely, and my school pencils and journals since I always use up my sketch-pads too quickly. Painttool Sai and Photoshop are just about the best out of experience if you seriously want to get into digital art. <3

• Brohoof 2

Pens, pencils, crayons, highlighters, paint, chalk, coloured-pencils, markers, permanent markers and dry erase markers.  I do a lot of scribbling and I don't have any software, digital art isn't my strong point...  Would be nice if I had an art tablet, but I probably wouldn't know what to do with it  :(...  

• Brohoof 1

I usually only use pencils, rubber, colored pencils, and marker. I'm going to try GIMP when I learn how. I hope it would be soon. :3 Or any other program.

• Brohoof 1

I like using pencils, pens, coloured pencils and GIMP to create my artwork. I honestly prefer drawing traditionally at the moment as I don't have a tablet and drawing using my mouse always comes out bad, with pencils I can steady myself easier.

• Brohoof 1

I said pencil for obvious reasons but also "Art Tablet" because while i don't have a typical Art Tablet like a Bamboo, i do have an iPad which i own for the sole reason of drawing so in a way it is an Art Tablet but in another way it isn't  :catface:

• Brohoof 1

I do a little of everything. I often draw in pencil and then go over it with basically anything; colored pencil, pen, marker, etc. I'm best with pen and colored pencil though. I also sometimes scan it onto the computer and finish it in art programs. I also often draw directly into such a program using my Kindle Fire HD. It tends to crash though, deleting my whole picture, which often causes me to ragequit though.

• Brohoof 1

Well now I mainly just draw stuff by hand with a pencil, then I go over it with a fine point sharpie, erase the pencil marks, scan it onto the computer and color it in Photoshop.

I used to color things with coloring pencils but then when I scanned them onto the computer they looked dull and ugly. And I absolutely loathe crayons. They're so...Waxy and ew,

• Brohoof 1

Absolutely anything and everything I can get my hands on.
Pencils, graphics tablets, acrylics, clay, charcoal, food, blood...
I like to experiment with different things and see what happens.

• Brohoof 1

Typically, my Cintiq 12WX, with GIMP, Inkscape and Toon Boom Studio 6.

I don't even remember the last time I drew something on paper.  I do have an almost empty sketchbook though, and I'm sure sooner or later I'll get the urge to feel the grind of graphite again.

• Brohoof 1

I can't draw very well. Apparently I was better as a kid, but now everything I want to draw I just can't. It makes me feel inadequate - which is a feeling that is ever present for me, so I don't need it to be more present.

Most of my "artwork" comes through photography and signature banners. Although I haven't made a signature banner in months.

• Brohoof 1

If I'm missing one...let me know. 

img-1667367-1-tumblr_mhm45yTrqy1rzgkwfo1

I use pieces of glass to make my artwork. Although its not very common among pony artwork and such, it still looks pretty cool :)

• Brohoof 1

Well, I don't know if I actually make artwork or not (more or less just "mess around" with my ideas), but I usually use programs on the computer for this. I don't have a graphics tablet, although I do plan on getting one, so I have to use my mouse to do all the work.

I started off with GIMP, which is good for a free program, but personally it had an off-putting, bland UI and didn't offer that many tools that I would find useful; the ones that were didn't work very well. So I was quick on finding a new program like it, and I came across Pixelmator on the Mac App Store. People were saying that it was a very good program, most comparing it to Photoshop, and I can quite frankly agree with that. It is essentially Photoshop but way cheaper (£10.49). Been using it since.

I also use it along with some vector-producing programs, my favourite one being iDraw.

• Brohoof 1