Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Audio devices

LowfatEnvelope

What do you prefer?   

67 users have voted

1. 1. What's your prefered audio device(s) ?

• Headset (Have a mic)
    • Headphones (No mic)
    • Speakers
    • Other (Situational rather then always going with one over the other)

Headset, headphones, or speakers? Discuss!

I personally prefer a headset, but i do a lot of voice chatting. I also like that i can listen to anything i want without being potentially embarrassed ;)

Edited by LowfatEnvelope

Headphones all the way.

My poison of choice would be my AKG k701 headphones (picture in the spoiler), they're the most comfortable pair of headphones I've ever worn in my life, and have absolutely fantastic sound. They're circumaural and open-backed, which makes them perfect for me.

post-101-0-50533900-1329650965_thumb.gif

I also own a pair of Sennheiser HD580 headphones, which I use while traveling or when I have guests. They're good, but I much prefer the k701s.

post-101-0-24023500-1329650994_thumb.jpg

I also own a Little Dot Mk III headphone amplifier, as seen below.

post-101-0-95040300-1329651938_thumb.jpg

i much prefer speakers over headphones. the overall sound-quality and massive sound they have is absolutely beast.

...unfortunately, i happen to live in a small apartment, which means i have to change to headphones late at the evening, or turn down my subwoofer and volume so low it wouldn't give optimal enjoyment of my music at all. =/

i do need a new pair of speakers though. the ones i have makes the sound in the left speaker die from time to time, meaning that i have to unplug and plug in my speakers to fix it. annoying, it is, but goddammit is the sound good from them.

i've used several headphones, but they've all died on me at one point or another in time... i think investing in a good pair of headphones is something i need to do in the future, badly. a decent sound system would be good, as well, but my room is super-tiny, meaning that i can't exactly fit a good sound system in this room that well. getting speakers that are not faulty like these ones would be something ideal to do, though, as well. whenever i get the money for THAT, though, i have no fucking idea.

oh yeah, the headphones i use are a Deltaco-9. it's some local Swedish company, i believe, so don't be surprised if you don't recall the name of that brand. sound-quality is average, decent but that's it, decent bass, and it also has a mic!, which is the reason i got these headphones in the first place. some people should know how i got these headphones, if not, then ask.

so there's my audio history for you.

I generally swap between the two, usually when it gets late and everyone's gone to bed. I pride myself in being able to make most any set of speakers or headphones sound decent with a little tweaking of my audio player's onboard equalizer. I lack the funds to do anything substantial with my computer's sound system at the moment, but when I do, I plan on going all out. For now, I'm satisfied with my Audio Technica headphones and my Logitech speaker setup.

My main device is a pair of Motorola S305 bluetooth headphones. They do have a microphone in them, but I never actually use it - I just got them for the convenience of being hands free. They're very comfortable and the sound quality is very nice, but the need to recharge them every few days does get annoying.

For gaming, I use a Microsoft Lifechat LX-3000 headset. It's much better for gaming than my Motorola headphones, but it can be uncomfortable to wear after a while.

I realized some time ago that earbuds play an integral role in my life. I wear them many places, including the gym and even while driving, as well as when I'm doing homework or studying, cooking, etc. Come to think of it, I probably spend at least 60% of my day with earbuds on.

I gotta have my music, man. D:

I realized some time ago that earbuds play an integral role in my life. I wear them many places, including the gym and even while driving, as well as when I'm doing homework or studying, cooking, etc. Come to think of it, I probably spend at least 60% of my day with earbuds on. I gotta have my music, man. D:

You're going to get tinnitus.

Earbuds for at school and whatever brand of headphones i have for when at home, although I keep breaking all of my earbuds so I might need ot use the headphones more. :P

You're going to get tinnitus.

Not really. While I do wear earbuds on a lot, I've trained myself to listen at a lower volume. My computer's sound with earbuds on is usually no higher than 40% loudness, and when I listen to music on my phone it's at the lowest setting possible.