Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

books Do you prefer digital, physical, or audio books?

Muffinnz

what type of books do you like best?  

39 users have voted

1. 1. what type of books do you like best?

• physical
    • digital
    • audio

What kind of book do you prefer to read?

I like digital, it can easily define words I don't know and highlight things I like. Though I can't put it on a shelf and show it off as a display

Edited by Muffinnz
  • Brohoof 3

I still find physical books the nicest to read, though digital books have their benefits too (especially the easy access to any book, at least theoretically). There's no need to zoom in and out, and turning pages with a mouse or keyboard doesn't feel as convenient to me... :adorkable: As for audiobooks, I've never got into them. I prefer reading the book at my own pace, whatever it is.

• Brohoof 3

Physical. They're a lot more convenient than digital books (as long as space isn't an issue), and I hate audio books because I like to go at my own speed, which is usually pretty slow when I'm reading for enjoyment. I like to take the time to imagine every scene as detailed as possible.

While I prefer physical media for music and like physical books, I prefer to read digital books. I can do that whenever I have time and a (portable) PC and I do not need to worry about light levels (the situation when in the place where it's comfortable to read, is too dark, but if I get more lights, the room gets too bright), since the PC screen provides its own light.

If I planned on reading for hours, then I'd probably take the physical book.

I tend to stick to physical books, as I find them the easiest to read and the most convenient overall. The others have their perks, but they really don't have the same effect to me.

I prefer physical books, but even with my newly adjusted prescription, (Bifocals...sigh) reading for more than a few minutes causes me eyestrain headaches of massive proportions. My kindle has saved my life! I have the font set as big as it will go. Now I can read comfortably for hours again. I think I would go crazy if I couldn't read!

I prefer gool ol' fashioned physical books. Admittedly I have a Kindle and read it often. It has its points, but real books are my favorites. Physical books feel better in the hands, I like the smell of the paper and the easy ability to go back on forth in the book without having to figure out how to use a digital bookmark. Old books in particular are best because they used to have odd sizes that are just gratifying to hold in the hands. Real books are simple, like me, and that's my go-to choice.

• Brohoof 2

Definitely digital for me. I switched to them completely about 10 years ago. They are just much more convenient, easy to carry and read wherever I want, and don't occupy much space. Although I don't mind listening to audiobooks now and again, but only if they are non-fiction.

• Brohoof 1

I don't read much nowadays, but I'd still rather leaf through the pages of a book than reading it digitally. I've never heard an audiobook, so I'm not sure if I'd like that.

I am not a big reader, like, at all. I can only remember one book that I genuinely enjoyed and read in its entirety. If I had to choose, though, it would be a physical copy.

• Brohoof 1

Physical. I don’t do audiobooks because I prefer to hear my own inner voice nor lazy. Digital hurts my eyes. Digital is convenient yeah but physical are more valuable. 

Edited by TBD