Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who would the best Pony be to comfort you?

Bendy

I would have to go with Fluttershy on this one.  She's very soft spoken and gentle.  Her voice, in my opinion, is even the most therapeutic to listen to, so just by her talking with me would be extremely comforting. 

I imagine that she'd also be a great listener, all the while comforting and helping the way she can.  Rainbow Dash I think would be good as far as encouragement, Pinkie Pie for cheering up would be nice too (making you laugh, taking your mind off things, etc).  But I think Fluttershy would be the best as far as calming one down.

And out of all of those, I think that just considering how -I- am, I'd probably appreciate more just the soothing comfort that Fluttershy could provide.

Here's how I see each (mane 6) pony in a comfort situation of the "stumbling in and seeing you crying" variety:

Pinkie Pie: I think Pinkie would give you a surprise hug from nowhere, telling you to stop crying and smile with her. She wouldd probably mix some optimistic jokes with some supportive words, trying to keep the mood high and try to bring you out of your funk. If all her normal tricks failed, I could see her cuddling up to you, telling you she'd be there until you feel better, and holding you tight until the tears stopped, no matter how long it took.

Rainbow Dash: I could see her flying in, and asking awkwardly what's wrong. She'd sit there and listen, absorbing the situation. Then, after organizing all of your feelings in her mind, she'd hug you tightly, folding her wings around you in the kind of embrace only a pegasus can give. She'd tell you to be strong for her and your friends. She'd pull you close and tell you that she would be there to keep you going through the pain, no matter how tough it would be.

Applejack: She'd poke her head in, asking you if you were ok. She'd come in and plop herself down next to you, asking you to tell her what's wrong. She'd rub your back gently as you spill out what ails you. When you were done, she'd hug you, telling to let it all out. She would hold you silently for a long time, humming softly and rocking you gently. After a while, she'd whisper that everything would be alright, and that she would be there if you ever felt lonely again. (I'm not being biased, honest >.>)

Fluttershy: She's a bit too soft for a direct approach, I think. But assuming she tries doing it alone, I think it would start with a tentative questioning of why your upset. After listening to you, she would offer some supportive words, trying her best make you feel better. If her words weren't enough to help you, she would hold you close, stroke your head softly and tell you everything would be alright. She would rock you gently, like a mother with a child. When you had calmed down, she would give you one last squeeze and tell you to come find her if you ever felt lonely or missed your family.

Twilight: Twilight would offer her ear to you from the get go. She would listen to your problems, analyze them, and state the best course of action. After she figures out that won't really help, she'll put the book based stuff aside and hug you gently. She would tell you that it was ok to feel what you're feeling, and that it was ok to cry over it. She would hold you for as long as you needed it, and after finally letting go, she would tell you to come and visit if you ever needed to let it all out.

Rarity: Tough one for me. Took me some time. Rarity would see you crying, poke her head in, then walk over to you and give you a gentle hug. She would ask what was bothering you, and listen patiently, offering little whimpers of sympathy as you spun your tale of woes. After you explained your tears, she pull you into a tight embrace and offer her shoulder to cry on if you ever need it. She would remind you of the great friends you have made who would be more than willing to help you out whenever you needed it, and that her home would always be open to you.

Well, there's my take on it. Of my above examples, I would probably have to take Pinkie Pie's. Not so much for the optimistic jokes or anything like that, but to have her cuddling up to me, being as close to me as she could physically be. That's what I would need.

These scenarios are entirely from my over worked, 6am imagination. Take them or leave them at your leisure.

• Brohoof 7

Hello!

Oh, I'd have 3 ponies in mind, that I'd love to be comforted by. They go in order :P. Celestia, Twilight, Rainbow Dash.

Both Celestia and Twilight could comfort me from a more, realistic perspective, where as rainbow dash is the element of loyalty - self explanatory :)

But I'd like Celestia to be the one the most :P

errrrrr i mean, uh, ummmmmm...well this is awkward...

That has happened in so many fics I have read, but yeah seriously Applejack would be great at comforting and "comforting" I think either her or Fluttershy would be great at making me or anyone else here feel better. Applejack knows what it is like to go through tragedy and to miss your family, and Fluttershy has that sweet sensitive side to her that she wears on her sleeve. 

I'd have to say Rainbow Dash. She seems like she'd be great at making my get into a better mood. Her playful adventurous attitude, and her more caring side we don't see much (She does seem to have one) would be more than enough to cheer me up.

I'd say it would be Luna. She just seems more the one that would guide others. Sitting by their side under the blanket of her night listening to their regrets and loses with a soft feathered wing around their shoulders. Just there, giving them what need, be it a soft voice of reassurance, or just a silent guardian to stand by them until morning and hear the words they have turn loose from their soul.   

I would most likely be happier there than here, but if it were to be the case, me having an emotional spasm, I would think that, out of the mane 6, Fluttershy would be able to comfort me most. We could relate to each other the best, easily and she is be easy going and calm, which I love peace and quiet. Many have said Pinkie and really, I just think Pinkie can be a bit *too* happy at times, to the point of sheer obliviousness. That can be fine normally, but not when someone is clearly not happy. The rest are kinda iffy I suppose. I can just relate to Futtershy so much more.

In all honestly, I believe Fluttershy would be the best one to comfort someone. Her voice is the softest and the most comforting. Pinkie Pie is a very close second. Pzrx0x9.png

I would say it's a draw between Pinkie and Fluttershy.

Pinkie because well.. she's best at that! She'll be happy to sing her Smile song to you~!

Fluttershy also seems the type to come over and see how you're doing, imagine her calming you with her soothing voice and lullaby.

My vote goes to Fluttershy,her kind nature,her voice,the way she looks and her Element,she would definitly know how to comfort me,she would do a great job just by act in the normal way she does,asking if there is something wrong and start to talk about it,unlike Pinkie that would have to "calm" a little first of start to talk and try to help,and the thing would be a little "forced" with her and the others,because i'm not a really social guy so if all the Mane6 would be my friends and they want to help in that situation they would do the thing forced only because we are friends,unlike Fluttershy,she would do it with because she is kind,and i think that we would end by sit under a tree,watching the stars.  

Probably Fluttershy? I guess it depends on how sad you are and why you are sad, because having Pinkie Pie there in some situations could be good as well. I guess a few people said Celestia and I guess that would be ok as well, since she is that guardian type of character.

Alright if things were really epic and crazy one day then I'd say Princess Celestia would be the best to comfort me, but considering she's a princess and all I'd doubt she'd realistically be around.

I'm going to break the trend of everyone saying Fluttershy and Pinkie and I'd probably say Twilight Sparkle would be the best one to comfort me. She'd probably be capable of giving out clear and reasonable statements to cheer me up, and offer some nice words of advice. She's a smart person so she'd find some way to cheer me up, but hugs always work too.

My top 3 would have to be, in this order, Luna, Fluttershy, then Zakora, with pinkie as a close 3rd for me. Luna has just had the most struggle, she would definitely have some words of wisdom to comfort me, and come on, how cool would it be to meet a princess? Fluttershy is just way to cute, i couldn't feel down with her around :). Zakora is one of the most awesome zebra to help you with any problem, that would be an awesome ability to speak in riddles.

Well, the most obvious answer for me is Fluttershy. She is infinitely cute, adorable, graceful and charming. And she makes you want to protect her from all the bad things in this world - thus it allows a man to be a man.

Hmm, I guess Fluttershy or Applejack. Fluttershy is really someone who could make me feel better if that would happen, because, despite her shyness, she IS really caring. Same with Applejack. She seems like someone who could definitely make me feel better. I don't know, but to me she also seems like a really caring type who you can count on a lot of times.

is this a trick question....rarity duh. aside from her normally being busy around her shop and everything, i think she a very warm hearted person and im pretty sure she would do the same for her friends

post-18550-0-88508600-1377786699.png

Edited by mobiusking97

Well, gosh, they are all so caring, so I think they would all be good, but if I had to pick any, I would pick Fluttershy (obiviously), Pinkie Pie (she would bring a smile to my face instantly), and I'm going on a limb here and say Derpy. I imagine that even though she might sometimes get picked on, I don't think she could stand to see anypony with a problem. Hell, just a hug from her is good enough for me.

One, if i ever reached that point i would find away to fix. I have the soul of a warrior and i will always try to find a away and i try to live my life with no regrets.  I know Fluttershy, Princess Celestia or luna are the only one that could comfort me.  Princess Celestia or luna  both know about real lost of famliy and they both have great kindness and wisdom. With luna she would understand the remorse i would feel about leaveing the only real person i care about , my mother, and comeing to Equestria and like her i also have a temper  too that can scary people.  also the way  lunas  vioce sound would make me feel better and she could come into me dreams to and help me in other ways.

with Princess Celestia it would make me feel kind of odd for her to comfort me because more then likly i would be a royal guard or be doing jobs for her(Das alles ist Reiter- das sind alles wir.Wir leben und wir sterben hier) but she probbly would  encourag me to tell her my problems . to me both sister are the same when it come to understanding things like this.  I can hear both there   gentle voices  and feel there  soft wings around me even now.

and last but more kind then any other pony we have fluttershy, the one pony who would be the first to come to anypony in a time of sadness. She is the element of kindness  and she is the only one with the kindness and sensitivity to tame the manticore, stop the dragon from smokeing out the land and she reformed discord. She is the real  pony that would comfort you .

No doubt would I say that out of all ponies, Pinkie Pie would be the best one to comfort me. I mean have you heard her song, "Smile Smile Smile?" It describes her kindness and cheeriness so perfectly. She's all about the smiles and being happy.  :)

Plus, I bet if she saw me me in deep depression and sadness, she would easily be the first to notice and try to help.

She would not stop until I make even the slightest smile. That's how she is with everypony whose sad. Then I'd give her a big hug expressing my gratitude.  ^_^