Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How would your favorite pony interpret a term such as "Cold War"?

InvaderShy

If your favorite pony (Twilight Sparkle, Pinky Pie, AppleJack, princess Luna, whoever it is) hear from a human historian the term "Cold War" how do you think he/she would say or interpret at first instance? 

What kind of comments would come from he or she? 

If you consider it necessary, include emotional or facial expressions. Or even, you can answer as a dialogue mode.

Okay then... :3 Pinkie Pie, if she were at her most optimistic, would probably imagine it as a war where adversaries hurled ice cream at each other. Then she would promptly get excited at the thought :)

It would make sense, actually, seeing as in Over A Barrel the weapon of choice was apple pie. I guess ponies need to fight every now and again, but their no-violence ethos means they have to use food. n.n

• Brohoof 3

Fluttershy would probably think, that in the Cold War the engaged sides tried to terrify each other by freezing innocent creatures to death.

Twilight Sparkle, beeng the creature of order, would say that the whole term doesn't make sence: it is called "Cold War" but it was not a war (main antagonists weren't in a state of war with each other) and local conflicts didn't happen in Siberia or Canada but rather in warm countries like Vietnam or Afganistan.

Depends on how war works in Equestria. For all we know, they have had wars and cold wars of their own :wacko:.

If they haven't though, Rainbow Dash might just think of a large scale snowball fight, or maybe a war with Windigoes or something. Or even a war in some snowy location, or during winter.

idk, Pinkie would most likely be optimistic about it, or come out with something like "Cold war? Well, I hope they have enough coats and gloves so they don't catch anything!"

Or y'know, something along those lines.

Okay then... :3 Pinkie Pie, if she were at her most optimistic, would probably imagine it as a war where adversaries hurled ice cream at each other. Then she would promptly get excited at the thought :)

It would make sense, actually, seeing as in Over A Barrel the weapon of choice was apple pie. I guess ponies need to fight every now and again, but their no-violence ethos means they have to use food. n.n

This was going to be my answer. An ice cream fight would come to mind and then she would immediately organize one.

zzzzzzzzz

Actually, after reading this thread I'm fairly intrigued to know what everyone here thinks of the term "cold war".

I assume Fluttershy wouldn't care because most of the animals would be hibernating so they'd be safe. (Because I'm pretty sure most of them would take the word "cold" literally). 

I must admit that ice cream was my first thought, too. Pinkie would be all over that.

Because of how the weather operates in equestria I imagine they would take the phrase quite literally. Like the pegasusi make it cold all year round as a protest of some kind.

I would think that the ponies would know what a war means though but by human standards they don't know the devastation and casualties that came with it

The Mane 6 would be horrified by the amount of destruction caused by a human war.

I think Chrysalis would be familiar with war. After all, she is a queen of an entire race of shapeshifters. She had to have dealt with wars as her time as ruler. She'd probably think "Cold" would mean that both sides were uncaring and killed one another without regret.

Edited by SmartyPants