Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ideas about your dream home

lomk

I want to hear from you guys about the home you have in your dreams. It doesn’t necessarily have to be something grandiose or something on which you really plan to work, although homes like that aren’t disqualified from being included. I just want to know your ideas of what a dream house is like for everyone. After all, diversity in taste is the beauty of being human. But I digress.

This is my idea of a dream home.

At the point in my life that I’ve decided to retire, I sell everything I’ve acquired, except my rarest and most sentimental items. I sell my home and my car. I purchase a small four wheel drive pickup truck and move up to the mountains of Montana, Wyoming, or Idaho.

I’ve found the perfect piece of land on the east face of a mountain. The winters can be tough and even the summers have a nip in the air here, but it’s my new home. I use a little more of the money I’ve got left to buy some building supplies, and I get to work. At the time I start, it’s mid-May. Sometime in late July, I’ve finished my home. It isn’t much, but it’s the home I built with my own two hands. It’s a two room cottage. One room is a combined kitchen, dining, and living area. The living area has a stone fireplace and a futon. The dining area has a small table and a couple of chairs. And the kitchen has a small counter, a gas stove, a sink, and a fridge (note that the roof is a solar panel and there is also a windmill for a secondary electricity source). The other room is simply the bathroom. Outside is a shed to store cold food during the winter. All in all, it’s pretty humble and virtually disconnected from society as a whole, but not so much that I can’t just drive to the grocery store and buy food every month.

I keep to myself most of the time although I do have a few friends with whom I talk from time to time. But mostly, I like to be alone. I like to think about things and get in my own head. In fact, I’ve picked a piece of land on the east face of a mountain for an important reason: to watch the sunrise. Every morning at dawn, I put on my coat and boots and take a hike a couple miles away to a spot where I can sit alone and watch the sunrise on the eastern horizon where I can think about the beautiful paradox that is the totality of existence. I can ponder the meaning of everything.

Total quiet. Total tranquility. A man and the cool mountain air.

So anyway, this is my idea of a dream home :) I'm sure it doesn't fit everyone else's idea of a dream home. Actually, I'm sure that my dream home is pretty much the opposite of what anyone else wants. Who wants to live in a dusty old cabin? Well I do lol Nothing makes me happier than quietness. And being cold. I love winter! It's the time of year for hot chocolate and thick coats and snow! :D

• Brohoof 1

My dream house would be the penthouse in the highest building in my country, watching over all of Tel-Aviv. I would have a pool-balcony, a personal gym, a home movie theatre, a personal cook, and a room just for juggling. It would also have three bedrooms, one for each of my parents and me. I would live with my mom and dad, and let them relax all they want in the apartment.

Really? You really want to know? Cmon everyone wants to live in this one i know it. Dont even try to deny it. You want to live in it. It doesnt matter how old i am. Tis be my dream.

ISS_after_STS-124_06_2008.jpg

Edited by Guest

I don't know what to say, I really liked your ideas about a dream house, I do not share the dream, but I found it very interesting to read. You have my brohoof for that. Oh and I also love the winter, I prefer winter before Summer, even if both are annoying in their own ways.

My dream home, would be up in the northen parts of Sweden (I live in Sweden, and I don't plan to move somewhere else) preferably in some small city with only a few thousand inhabitans. It could be in the middle of the forest, and I would have a decently good interent connection still - but I would have few, or no, neighbours. I would preferably be around 20min from the nearest "somewhat-big-city" where I would be working. It would be a decently large house, with the decorations being very old-fashioned. Imagine that you are visitng your 90-year old grandfather, that's about how I would like it to be. Your RICH 90-year old grandfather. I'm not saying I want to be rich, I never will be, but I do like the style that my grandfather has, and he is obvliviously rich. Probably the only rich person in my entire family, he is not a very generous person, but sometimes they come over here with some very expensive meat - which we are very thankful for.

I don't have very clear dreams about my future home, other then that I don't want to live in the middle of a city, and certainly not in the sourthern parts of Sweden, it's too hot down there.

I'd love to live in a huge mansion with a massive home entertainment theater (so I can watch MLP), also, a ultra powerful internet connection (1 terrabit/per second).

It would have a massive server room of where I can host all my little projects and my personal website.

Also, servants, cooks and cleaners.

I'd also like it to be orbiting Mars - but of course have a teleporter to get back to Earth. wink.png

• Brohoof 2

My dream home would be right by the Atlantic ocean, preferably up near New England (close to where I live now) where it would be warm in the summer but colder in the winter. It would also be kinda small so I wouldn't have to do much upkeep, but it would still be a really nice, clean home.

I want a rather big house or even an apartment, as long as I like the look of it. I would LOVE a house/mansion that has a library and an entertainment room for things like Air Hockey, Pool, and so on. I would adore it to have white and black coloring inside as the furnitures' colors, as those are my favorite colors. It doesn't have to be in the country, as I prefer the city a lot more. 

Think something like this, but bigger...

Wayne-Homes-features-Craftsman-style-pla

I adore lots of space, so any house like that would do.

I'm an odd one, I like the sound of car's so would like to be kinda close to a village or main ish road. I like being in a village/towny type areas but I have a really passion for watching the weather and at the same time would love to be able to look out far into the distance and see storm roll in!

A house that's kinda small and not massive is nice, easier to feel lived in :) (maybe bigger if I live with more people though).

My dream house would have a beautiful view of the city, a personal chef, a balcony with a pool, a movie theater, and a few bedrooms in case of guests, friends, or family.

Dream house, well living in a remote town I would prefer living somewhere isolated. I guess my dream home would be a huge mansion. Four story mansion, it's extravagant but still. The whole house would have bass kicking subwoofers surrounding you wherever you go, it would be EDM music all day long and all night long. I would have a huge room, which would be big enough for ten people.

It would have a huge underground garage, filled with exotics, muscle cars and sports cars in general. The floor would be all in granite, it would be awesome. It would be a white/grayish house with white windows, big windows that would be a big eight window. The doors would be white, the roof would be either black or gray, it would be a beautiful mansion. It would look a lot like the "white house" but not really the same shape. The yard will be huge, with a race track on it. There would be plenty of space for my future kids to have fun, there would be big trees and lots of fun stuff.

Real dream house.

Truth is though, I'll never have a house like that so a small house somewhere in peace would be my dream house. I could have a garage big enough for four cars or two would be enough. Enough room for my future family, just simple stuff. A small wooden house, a beautiful light colored house. With a decent yard. Just a small house with a garage, a house I can live happily with my family in. All that matters when it comes to a house is that it's housing a loving family, I want to have enough room for at least four cars. Two in the driveway and two in the garage, that's how I see a dream house that could actually happen.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94

I was born and raised in Southern California and I do like it here bot because of the nice weather and nearly everyone I know are care about is here so my dream would be there. Other than that I am not too picky, the neighborhood would be relatively safe and a bit less noisy than the neighborhood I live in now. My dream home would be a bit bigger than the one I live in now but wouldn't be a mcmansion, the only extravagances I would like to have would maybe be my own gym and maybe a game room and fairly large enough to host family gatherings for holidays and stuff. I like to cook so I would have a really good oven, a rice cooker and a barbeque with a gas line like I used to have back when I lived in my old childhood home. A modest backyard with a deck is also nice, as that is another thing I miss about my old house. I like to go out sometimes at night sit on the swing I had out there and just look at the night sky. And it would also be a good thing to have if I got a dog which is fairly likely as I have always been a dog lover.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy

I've actually found my first dream home, it's the penthouse of a building in the centre of my city, it's not huge but it's nice and with a great location. I would have that first, while I'm young.

Then as I get older and I find someone whom I want to have a family with, I would sell the penthouse and move to the countryside, I lived in the countryside for a few years and I believe the best place for my children to grow up would be a nice big house in a village, where it's quiet and the air is nice and clean.

My dream house? I want a house all to myself somewhere in the city, but not somewhere seedy. It would have:

• A bedroom with all the stuff a normal bedroom has, and a Mac laptop and a Galaxy Note 3 or a Galaxy S4 phone.
  • A room with a flatscreen TV, my Xbox 360, and a gaming computer with Windows 8.1 as its operating system.
  • A kitchen with a lot of food and tools to help with food and stuff.
  • A basement with a room bunch of documents and a room to work out.
  • A garage with a motorcycle and car that has good speed, good fuel capacity, good braking and other good stuff.
Edited by Franklin Clinton